Register now to get rid of these ads!

H.A.M.B. meet and greet at Back to the 50's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seesko, Jun 2, 2009.

1. greaser57

greaser57
    from minnesota

Yes the TRADITIONAL car club will be there, thats where I will be parked...........Rich

2. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

aha - so greaser57 I see there are only smartass guys that drive to Back to the 50s?

got it

well - I was hoping to film some nice cars while I was up there in MN - guess there is no one on the HAMB that will be there

too bad that MN does not have anyone that is organized like Los Punk Rods, Kropdusters, Voodoo Kings, Chrome Czars, Poor Boys, Rumblers, Kontinentals, Road Rockets, Kingpins, etc etc etc

3. greaser57

greaser57
    from minnesota

Coolstuff, I see there is another SMARTASS in Bettendorf....................Rich

4. Now we just need a Westconsin guy in the mix to liven up the tri state rivelry.

5. 55FORDWGN

55FORDWGN

I usually avoid the fairgrounds on Saturday from about Noon to 6:00.

6. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

My wife and 3 and 6 year old kids will be coming about that time...I bet I spend most of that time in the "all new kids fun zone" and the Ladies showcase! :)

7. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

there are plenty of smartasses in Iowa..........just ask us!

8. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

and still no clubs that are going to be represented?

weird

9. scoop

scoop

I'm sure the Lucky Bastards will be there.Pm saltflat matt.

10. guyontheHAMB

guyontheHAMB
    from chicago

I will be one of many representing the Suedes. I always miss the meet and greet, so this will be my first. BTW, nice avatar seesko, I just finished rebuilding the wings for that back in April.

Looking forward to it...

11. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Probably not gonna make it.

12. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

hope to hook up with the Suedes - I think I have met a few of ya'll in the past few years

later!

13. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

We'll have a few cars from our club on the grounds. I think we'll be over by the Midway area next to the giant French Fry "compound" (if things go well). I'll probably stroll over for the 'meet and greet' unless my pops wants to come out and look at some cars that day in which case spending some time with him of Father's Day weekend will take precedence (nothing personal, folks:)).
    If he doesn't make it I look forward to metting some of you.

Jay

14. Oh there will be a few of us there. I have the t-bucket loaded and ready to go. Leaving bright and early in the morning. Thursday is my favorite day.

15. Stevie D

Stevie D

Ok the meet and greet at noon on saturday. Kool c-30 on the map got it.

16. turbostude

turbostude
    from minnesota

I'll be there Friday dawn to dusk.....say hello if you see my 53' Olds hardtop....White top and red-orange bod:
    http://turbostude.com/Elsie

17. I thunk so. :) a big ol partee:D

18. High noon, eh? Very well. There will 6 or so Dead End Kruizer cars about the fairgrounds.

19. Thanks to everyone that made the meet and greet. It was pretty cool. Meet some names.
    I didn't know I was "officially" in charge. I thought I was just the ad man.
    I'll try to make it more festive next time. Provide a little refreshment. It was good to meet a lot of you and feel more conncted to the group. A good bunch of hot rod hoodlums.
    Mark

20. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

thanks for taking the lead, Seesko. Sorry for the confusion and that I can't make a Noon meet and greet. I would once again like to campaign for a 5:00 PM time change, but understand that the majority rules.

21. missed it again this year too, day flew by way too fast and lots of people on sat.
    wore a Hamb shirt every day and noone even stoped to insult me?? are you younguns that affraid of old age???

22. Sorry you missed it too. Maybe we should have two next time. The spot worked out great. Lots of room for more cars.

23. greaser57

greaser57
    from minnesota

Noon is good don't move the time, could move the day to Friday at noon.....................Rich

24. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

good idea

25. TomH

TomH

Did you take any pics??

26. I didn't at the meet but there was a group picture taken.

27. I think you could almost have an all day Meet and greet there. Like HAMB ground zero. There's plenty of room for people and cars. It's not real busy there. Just a thought.

28. TomH

TomH

Yeah, I haven't seen it posted.

29. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

BobK took a photograph of the group that showed up.

Coolstuff-- The Czars were represented. But there were only two of us. But hey, that's 1/3 of the club. :D

30. 51Kustom

51Kustom

I thought it was great, met some people. Had a good time talking to seesko. I like the idea of "HAMB ground zero" If you wanna park there all weekend, meet some people, shoot the shit.... Not so "time crunched" Anyway, had a great time at the show, saw plenty of people walking around with HAMB shirts on.