Register now to get rid of these ads!

1940 Ford Deluxe Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1969Mach1, Jun 17, 2009.

1. 1969Mach1

1969Mach1

I was hoping someone might be able to give me some advice. My Aunt has a 1940 Ford Coupe, business deluxe I believe. It has been in her family for over 40 years. Well now she is looking to sell this car. She isn't sure what price range she should be asking. I was thinking somewhere in the 4,000 to 6,000 range but I am not sure. Anyways I was hoping someone here might be able to give her some advice on a price.

This was her Father's car so it special to her but it needs a lot of work that she doesn't have the time for. I have looked at it and it needs plenty of work. I think it would make great project car though. All the parts seem to be there. The engine is a flathead v8. I was told the engine was pulled from a truck so it is not the original engine. Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I have additional pictures of the car available.

Attached Files:

2. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Uhhh, yeah, $4000 - $6000. I'll pick it up on my way home from the Hot Rod Reunion next Monday. In fact at that price, I'll SKIP the HRR and pick it up tomorrow !!

3. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

for $4000 I'd drive down and pick it up!

4. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

If it was mine, I'd ask $15,000. But then again, if it was mine, I'd keep it 'til I died.

5. mj40's

mj40's

I gave $150 for mine but then again that was 44 years ago.

6. Vintage Roadside

Vintage Roadside

Ok, show of hands - how many people have already sent a private message on this one? :D

7. Blakmerk

Blakmerk
    from St.Joe MO

So that's why they call em business deluxe ....

8. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I got one just like it and I wouldn't take less than 25,000, but then I don't want to sell it either.

9. Come on, man. You are teasin' us, right?;)

10. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok, so who logged in with a new name to torture us? You bastard!
    4-6g I can see fist fights out the front of the garage!

11. any '40 ford is worth more then what you're considering and that one looks pretty decent from the pics. i can be there in about eight hours.

12. Yeah.............what they said !!!:D

13. Since this is your Aunt's car you should talk her into keeping it in the family, do a couple of chores, cut her grass, wash and wax her car, maybe you can convince her to keep it at your garage, after all it has a lot of family history, and I'm sure yourgreat uncle kept it that long for a reason. Get it running and take her to a car show or cruise with her down memory lane. Those memories are priceless. I would do it! If she has to sell get a professional appraisal and go from there. That car should bring high teens and up from looking at the pictures. Good luck.:)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  14. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

Is this for real?

15. 54FordPanel

54FordPanel

Yea, I'm calling bullshit on this one.

16. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

This post stinks all the way to California, you're first post and you lay this BS on us I don't think so..................:eek:

17. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Post more photos please. Engine, interior etc.

18. 1969Mach1

1969Mach1

Thanks for the responses. I am glad I posted this for my aunt. I didn't have an idea what this car was worth. So I figured this would be a great place to get advice on it. I have already emailed my Aunt and told her not to sell or talk to anyone until she reads this thread. I am in Columbus ohio so if anyone knows a reputable appraiser in this area I sure would appreciate a name or phone number.

19. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

You might try 937-264-0600; division of All Service Appraisal Inc. located in Vandalia, Oh.

20. I'd say 12K and up. Is it rusty?

21. Vorhese

Vorhese

And I moved to California from Columbus...

22. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Your so full of shit your eyes are brown. Nice try I'm not biting.
    Oh wait I just responded. Oh well LOL

23. 1969Mach1

1969Mach1

Here are some more pics of the car from when I went to look at it. The frame is rusted and is rusted through right in front of the drivers side rear wheel. The inner rear fender wells are rusted through. There is lots of other rough spots on the car as well. It has been sitting in a barn for 40 + years. So any advice you might have on what a car in this shape would sell for would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Attached Files:

24. 1969Mach1

1969Mach1

Please disregard the pic of the 69 mustang. That is the Mach 1 that I used to own. I didn't realize I had included a pic of it when I uploaded the pics of the 40. Not sure how to delete it from my previous post.

25. Assdragger

Assdragger

Sold the Stang now build the coupe!!

26. Greezy

Greezy

Nice 40 she has there, very complete. Why not buy it from her at a family discount and build it?