Register now to get rid of these ads!

Street Cars With Names

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vintagedrags, Jun 17, 2009.

1. vintagedrags

vintagedrags

Is it cool to name your street car or should this be left for the drag car scene only?

I just had my 56 Chevy future gasser dropped off at the house. The idea is to make it both street and strip, but mostly a street car. My buddies who are muscle car guys, don't think naming the car is cool.

I'm still gonna name the car, but just want the HAMB opinion!!:D

2. Ghost28

Ghost28

I think this has been covered on here. But I say name it if you want to, I have...ghost

3. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Desire?

No, I didn't say that. Really, I didn't.
    The devil made me do it .......... :p

4. vintagedrags

vintagedrags

I did search this before I started the thread. Couldn't really find anything specific.
    What name did you use, and what car?

I won't use desire!!!

5. you can name your car i have mine but i dont think i'd emblazon it on the car in paint or leaf or whatever there is a 57 chevy rolling around here called forever 57 its painted on the doors it allways kinda puts me off , but maybe its because the car is kinda burnt orange with yellow painted steel wheels and the lettering is also yellow

but who knows if you do it and the right people see it and like it maybe you'll start the next big retro craze

6. Ghost28

Ghost28

A 32 chevy coupe in grey primer. Called it (ghost)
    My 28 chevy delivery that I am currently building and painting black and green. gonna call it (goblin)

7. vintagedrags

vintagedrags

Thats Awesome!!

Did you have the cars lettered, or just the names you have for the cars?

8. Ghost28

Ghost28

Naw usually what I do, is get everyone used to me calling my car by it's name. And it just catches on. But on my 32 it had a personalized plate with ghost32 on it...ghost

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  9. I named mine Booger

I picked her myself.

10. vintagedrags

vintagedrags

are ya goona paint it green?;)

11. I've been welding;
    Charcoal Grey

12. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Owning a muscle car isn't cool,unless the owner has a mullet and listens to Def Leppard

13. vintagedrags

vintagedrags

ha ha ha ha thats friggin funny!!

I'll agree, it seems to me most guys that own muscle cars don't have much of an imagination!!

14. wheelbilly

wheelbilly

I've had The Great Pumpkin, Queen Shaqueefa, Wendy the Stubborn White Whore, Hoss, Medium Blue, Little Blue (actually the wife's, but it explains Medium Blue a little), and the '26 is Suzy. She's gonna be a redhead. Wendy was the only one with a nametag, and it was small.

Only one car has made it to the strip, and only one has not been named. haven't named my bikes though...

15. Marty McFly

Marty McFly

You can only name a project car/truck if you are on a TV show showing people how little you know while building it. Project Altered E-Go on Spike TV's MUSCLECAR is a perfect example.

Marty McFly

16. That's something that if done wrong can be and look really LAME. It's like a nick name, you can't just give your car any old name. A car has to earn it's name. If you do it right it'll be the coolest thing about your car. If you do it wrong it'll make an otherwise awesome car look like a bad joke.

17. r8odecay

r8odecay

I'll be the first. Fine. Call it CUM DUMPSTER

18. vintagedrags

vintagedrags

That's really good advice. Kind of reminds me when a guy in town had his nova painted like an american flag. Really patriotic feeling, but didn't win over the crowd.

I'm still a long way off. I guess I'll see when I get closer to the paint stage, or even see what the reaction from others once the car is in primer.

19. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I knew it had to be said!

Most cars with names 'acquire' them, usually an in joke or some aspect of the car gets it known.
    Just coming up with a name that has no meaning behind it is very lame.
    I'm trying to work something out for my A40 Gasser, the V/G rules over here call for a name.
    Doc.

20. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Kinda toying with the idea myself - anyone got any good examples (pics)?

21. 4cfed

4cfed
    BANNED
    from wisconsin

my 65 olds is named, BUT not on the doors... hell not even on the car yet, but it will get some pin striping done, and in the striping will say 'rockin 88'

22. In the 70's, guys from my "hood" would put song titles on the quarter windows.. First one i saw was a 53 chevy that had "just because" in the q-window.. One guy had a 63 corvair that had " what becomes of the brokenhearted" on that little assed window ...it looked like a damn newspaper. The only car i owned that had a name was a '69 vette.. The name was given to it by my friends.. It was fondly refered to as... "shit box"

23. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

I'm guessing you didn't paint that on the car anywhere then!:D

24. wanna bet.....

25. That's a low rider thing to do on the quarter window as Tumbleweed said.

26. Ghost28

Ghost28

I new some guys in the late 60s one had a 51 chevy hardtop. Real fast, and it was painted the old hot rod grey, not primer but darker. On both corners of the rear roof he had it lettered in script double ugly. The other one was a dark green 57 hardtop sat nose high like they did back then. Called it crab louie. I guess one thing about naming for your cars. It gives everyones memory something to latch onto even after the cars are gone, or destroyed...ghost

27. ROCKET88COUPE

ROCKET88COUPE
    from TEXAS USA

named mine ole time rocket & roll,painted on the trunk lid--------1950 olds rocket88 hardtop,394,3x2s,4sp hydro

28. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Salty Dog is mine

29. Von Kragen

Von Kragen
    from linwood,MN

back in the mid to late sixties my uncle had a37 ford coupe that was purple and said "purple passion" on the doors. had to keep it in the garage most of the time since the cops were always looking for it cuz of the street racing he did. kinda hard to blend in with a name on the doors
    "no it was that other purple car with the name on it"

that being said i need a name for my bugeye sprite (known by brits as frogeye) that i'm building gasser style wb lenghtened to 86 in. model A front axle, 55 chev rear. ford small block, fmx trans, one day the a 4/71 will top off the small block

dirty pixie?
    sick frog?
    lurgy(ill) troll?
    any ideas?

30. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

My Impala LoLo was lettered on the trunk "MAS CHINGON" as a joke!
    english/spanish translation; bad ass, baddest of the bad