Register now to get rid of these ads!

builders insurance????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by long island vic, Jun 10, 2009.

1. long island vic

long island vic

do any of the companys offer anything like it>>>>where you just tell them what you have and get a bacis policy as a starter

2. Dontiac

Dontiac

I have my old cars insured thru American National. They wrote one on a project car. anpac.com

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  3. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

American Collector Car also has "project" or builder insurance. Even covers parts used for the car in your garage or house.

4. boldventure

boldventure

The "usual suspects" in the collector insurance game all have 800's and e-z websites, Becky from Grundy is on this board, should be easy to check out...

5. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

Bingo. Its called "under construction" and works great for projects.

6. happy39

happy39

Got mine through Grundy's and couldn't have been happier. Very nice to deal with.

7. beckyatgrundy

beckyatgrundy

We do offer insurance for "works in progress"-- We ask the vehicle be 80% complete. Give us a buzz: 800-338-4005. Hope we can help! Also, we offer insurance for builders and restorers... thought I would put a link in here for any of you with shops: http://www.grundy.com/restorer/ check it out! :)

8. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

American Collectors don't do hot rods. They sent me a registered letter denying my highboy coupe because it had no hood or bumpers even though I had my Chevelle insured with them for several years.

Grundy saved me a lot of money over another "collector car" insurance company that I had been using because they were not scared of hotrods when Collector cars bailed.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  9. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Sorry, you're right, Tommy...I just looked at my insurance bill today....I started out with them, but my policy has been transfered over to American Modern Home Ins. I don't have a builder on the policy now, so I don't know if THEY do a builder's insurance.