Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 50 Plymouth Mockup (photoshop...critiques please)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gwhite, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Need a little help...borrowed a couple photos of Johnnyscat's beautiful '50 Plymouth fastback to do some photoshop work (actually MS Paint...I'm cheap) and came up with this basic design for my own '50 Ply fastback build.

The plan is to chop the top (much like Johnnyscat has already done) 3"...not sure if I'll go for the slanted "b" pillar or leave it straight up & down. Gonna use lexan (be gentle) to create 1-piece rear 1/4 glass. Frenched headlights, Merc grille surround, and floating grille consisting of '56 Caddy bar & dummy spotlight 'bullets'. Wheelcovers will probably be Studebaker or '52 Plymouth with bullet centers (my feeble attempt at the latter shown).

Not sure what I'll do with the rear end...plan on moulding the rear fenders, filling in the license plate recess, and using a '49 Chev. surround mounted to the stock rear bumper. Thinking 'bout using '48 Hudson tail lights.

Any suggestions? Critiques? Not sure if it looks ok with skirts or if I should go without...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: Front bumper is looking a bit bulky...might change that while I'm at it...

2. Bullet Man

Bullet Man

3. JOHNNYSCAT

JOHNNYSCAT
    from Kansas

Cool car. Why not just use glass?

4. That front end treatment looks really good.
    I´d go for the skirts. You can always leave them off for a different look.

5. Was going to ask how you did yours...looks like the fixed part of the window is on a slightly different plane than the movable part, wasn't sure if I could make glass work.

Would love to see more of that beautiful car!

Gary

6. I think the first one looks good. if you can make the window out of lexan than you can do it out of glass. you hit the look i am after with mine. JOHNNYSCAT you really do need to put some pics up in your album, include some of the chop process.

7. JOHNNYSCAT

JOHNNYSCAT
    from Kansas

So i realy dont have any pictures of chopping the top on the plymouth. The pictures i have are the ones that i had posted of it tacked up and bare metal. Im bad when it comes to taking pictures. I recently drove out to CA for santa maria and was out there a whole week before that. I had a camera and a video camera. Video camera was never used and these are pretty much the pictures that i had taken from the week and a half trip.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and when we pulled up in KS
    [​IMG]

8. Yep got the same problem, i want to take pics before i start work but damn if i don't just start diggin in and forget the pics! that chop looks sweet just right. hell the whole car is cool!

9. Yup, the best I've seen on a fastback! The sectioning job on the trunk really helps the proportions too. That car has been an inspiration ever since I got mine...

Gary W.

10. Billa212

Billa212
    from Milwaukee

Looks real good...I'm inspired

11. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

I like the skirts alot. I think that car looks fantastic. I have always thought maybe a 48 -49 Cadillac grille might look good in there.

I also have a 50 more my wifes than mine and unfortunately she wants to leave it stock with a slight lowering job.:(