Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alanrw

alanrw
    from SoCal

I stand corrected.....it must have been the exhaust fumes!!!! Boiling the tires is one thing, littering....plainly unacceptable!!!!

alan

2. DUDE, I remember this like it was yesterday. You were talkling to Bandini aout some bullshit I'm sure because you were giving him a rashing of shit, again. And yes me and Greg drove out to the street races just to hear you do this to him which you looked like you took great joy in doing so we were more then obliged to listen, eagerly. Anyway we're looking at Steve and the side of his nose just starts bleeding for no reason. We figured out what happened because the BB had dropped into his flannel shirt pocket. Well you were the first to round everybody up and charge the apartment with me and greg joining you. There were so many people beating on his door that we didn't all fit in the hallway. Of course me and greg were only 16 and we were short fuckers so we worked our way up to the door. We heard sirens so we split. We still talk about this.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009

3. Yeah guys, you brought shit, put your shit back in your shitboxes and and take it home.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  4. Eryk

Eryk

I was looking at that hand drawn flyer tha got posted earlier. Rev and Tick were handing it out on Wednesday(yellow flyer). It says July 18th. That's a Saturday. I thought we were keeping it on Wednesday. :confused: I'm good either way, but I don't want to show up on the wrong day. Are any of you guys going on the 18th of next month? Is that the plan?

5. Just so everyone knows, Saturday the 18th is also the day of that once a year carshow/cruise in Glendale which may
    steel a bunch of thunder and cars/people.., just a thought.

6. Ravyn

Ravyn

So awesome Wed night!!! Got a few pics that I'll post soon!!

7. Jugsy Malone

Jugsy Malone

8. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

So it's cruise/eat/cruise/piss & if anybody talks shit or drops litter we shoot 'em with a BB gun?:D

9. thats not the vnca event. The flier says its being put on by mike shaw. Does anyone know this mike shaw? It says cruising from 101 to oxnard!

10. Frick & Frack

Frick & Frack

I Remember That, It Couldent Of Happend To A Better Idiot..lol

11. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

I'm still freaking out over this '58 Corvette. There's just something about 5-spokes and belted whitewalls...and a jacked stance.

12. alanrw

alanrw
    from SoCal

Can someone answer me like I am the village idiot? Is this a weekly or monthly deal?

And July 1 is the next one?

Kinda confused;:confused:

alan

13. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Great shot. A badass '40 out cruising in the dark, just like the old days.

14. Jugsy Malone

Jugsy Malone

I think this was actually Groucho's picture.. I put it in my photo album cuz it's such a cool pic :)

15. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

Monthly. End of story. :D

16. Searcher

Searcher

Patronize the local bussiness...gas...food... buy a car from Rydell, etc. and let them know when you open your wallet that's why your there, cruising, and I see no reason why this will not live on. Once the local bussiness see an uptic in dollars they will be our friends.

I wouldn't have even thought of Rydell until this happened.... now I think of them as a cool friend to Rodders.

17. I had actually forgot about "Bandini and the Bad Ass BB Caper"
    (man I must be getting older) but I've had a grin on my face all afternoon
    recall that night. Me LOL too Fricky.

18. thekid54

thekid54

While I was stopped at a light on Van Nuys, a sheriff pulled up next to me and started talking to happy hoppy who was riding shotgun. He asked what was going on and if there was a show. Hoppy told him that we all just got together to cruise the blvd. The sheriff mentioned that he had a "classic car" (didn't say what though) and that he wanted to cruise too! He was totally cool with it and seemed more interested in checking out cars then writing tickets.

19. thekid54

thekid54

I didn't take a lot of pics, but here's what I have:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. People!!!!!!! That's SOMEONE ELSE FOR THE 100TH TIME. But, I will go and check it out, as I urge others. It may be fun too. But, it's a seperate deal from ours. 101 times now:mad::mad:

21. Hey Goucho is that deal on the 18th you guys?.., 102

22. I just got back from Bob's, and the guys were thanking the hell out of me for the heads up. They were just floored by the time and memories they had

23. how about the guys that didn't show up on wed. they most feel stupid!

24. bigds54

bigds54
    from Sun Valley

my buddy is still there said there was a nice buzz from the cruise. :) so whens the tentative date for the next one?

25. bigds54

bigds54
    from Sun Valley

Most defintely, shit i showed up in the wifes '05 camry and still had a BLAST just looking at the cars cruising, and stopping at the ralphs parking lot and rydell lot, btw i was there with your neighbor Joser, haha smal world :D

26. flynstone

flynstone

you know a lot of moms cars cruized with or without permission// some even got the trunks full of sand or better yet springs torched............

27. Eryk

Eryk

Now I know why they call you Groucho! Haha. Calm down Johnnyboy. I wasn't about to sift through 25 pages to get the answer when I could just raise your blood pressure to get it. :) Thanks.

28. ha ha ha in there parents vista cruiser!

29. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

Or how about running your mom's Impala on Wednesday night "Run What Ya Brung" at Irwindale? My brother ran my mom's '71 Impala and brought it home with the shoe polish number still on the window and the hub caps in the trunk...Man was she pissed!!!!

30. I was lucky enough to have a car for Wednesday night @ Irwindale (grudge night) in the 70's. A 61 falcon. Straight axle, radius wheelwells, roller cammed SBC, Olds rear, Clutch Turbo trans. Towed behind my Bosses work truck:D. In the 70's I went with Darrel Young (auto trands EXPERT), Ray Akerly (Akerly & Childs), an Bob Stephan (the guy that's done my machine work for over 30 yrs)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.