Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where did you get your screen name?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zzford, May 19, 2009.

1. I got mine because in one month I had racked up more in speeding tickets than I had made at work! 'nuf said!

2. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

love of some old buick motors :D

3. The Large Father of course!!!

4. SquigMachine

SquigMachine

if my truck was good at ANYTHING else besides smokin' the tire it could have another name(i mean Anything,Running,Stopping,Staying in one piece ect.)

5. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

It's what I do to put food on the table.
    [​IMG]

6. 4cfed

4cfed
    BANNED
    from wisconsin

holy shit!!! your shop name just so happens to be MY LAST NAME!!!! WTF??!!??!!??

anyways, my screen name is the same on every forum im on, 4cfed.. if you say it as a work its force fed as in force induction, iv owned 16? turbo cars and one super charged car, so thats how i got my s/n

7. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Pretty straight forward, I own 2 55 Belairs. I came up with it a few years ago when Ebay required to me change my user name. I had recently bought the second car so I decided to incorporate them into my user name. I've owned the first car for about 20 years now. For those of you who made it to the Van Nuys cruise, it was the silver and black car with the Cragar SS's. Thanks to my brother-in-law, Chris, for getting the brakes and a few other things straightened out in time for me to have something to drive out there. I bought the car from a friend of the family who used to tow his boat with it. At the time it had bias ply tires and drum brakes all around. (Must have been fun to try to stay in one lane or get stopped) He sold the car to me when he decided he needed something with more room and more power, so he bought a 56 Nomad and had my brother build a 400 small block for it. I don't think he ever towed the boat with it, though. I bought the second car a few years ago off Ebay. It's a two lane look-alike. I say look-alike and not clone because it has a small block, American torque thrust d's and a-arms. It is primer grey with radiused wheel wells a 4 speed and a two lane type scoop. It has a lot more rust than the seller revealed in the listing so I'm at the point of deciding whether to sell it or bite the bullet and fix it. I guess if I sell it I'll be 55belairx1, or I'll have to find another one to buy.:D

8. My 52 used to be 2 shades of yello and white roof,and a buddy said
    there's the Kustard Slice Kid and in stuck like glue.

9. DynoDave

DynoDave
    from Michigan

Mine is an old dealership nickname.

10. Rattleon

Rattleon
    from Idaho

I've been told I tend to do this during conversation while trying to make a point.

11. yankbuilt

yankbuilt

I am known to all my friends as Yank, you can guess why, being a transplant from the north.I built this cool little stroller and a friend was over with his kid.He asked "who built it?". His kid said "Yankbuilt it".Then I started a company and needed a name .So thats how it came about.

12. jon72vega

jon72vega
    from Michigan

My name is Jon.
    My Hot Rod is a 1972 Vega.

13. repoguy

repoguy

I was in the auto recovery business for 13 years, and was in the business when I first logged on to the HAMB in '02.

I spent 8 years running and actual repossession agency, and 5 running the recovery & collections dept of an auto finance company.

14. Work in mine. Carl Hagan

15. ruquik

ruquik

[​IMG]

Found the plate on an 86 Monte SS in the junkyard 10 years ago. Didn't actually get it registered to a vehicle until 2007.

16. evolvo

evolvo
    from Seattle

Well, I'm building a hot rod Volvo. It's evolved a lot, and I dig evolution.

17. Dontiac

Dontiac

Name is Don and I've always had Pontiacs, so, Dontiac.

18. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

My ride....is cool..

19. butch

butch
    from Michigan

After my uncle that died in a car crash in 1958

20. Thought i had answered this thread. Must have been another one before the big HAMB crash. Anyhow my favorite project is a 1934 GAZ ( Russian Ford ) give or take a year.

Attached Files:

21. spot

spot
    from usa

My first truck was 4 different colors of primer. (I was 16 at the time and was buying what ever was cheap in a rattle can.) Someone called the truck Spot like a spotted dog. The name stuck. Everyone still calls the the truck Spot and I took it as a screen name. That has been over 30 years ago.

22. kurtis

kurtis
    from Australia

Named after famous Indycar builder Frank Kurtis. He is of Croatian heritage, as am I.
    So is the driver in the picture.

23. Firecracker

Firecracker

I just used my actual name. I would really like to change that, but I don't know how.

24. bobjob55

bobjob55

while looking for job on line...needed name to put on job sites..

25. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

26. I guess, this why Im Divco

Attached Files:

27. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

Goes back to when we first got online, 1996 I think, and my daughter decided I should have a Hotmail email account. She set it up, and when it came to a username, she decided NHRANUT fit me best. Over the years my love for the NHRA has diminished greatly, but after using this as a login on so many sites for so many years, I would lose my idenity if I would change it now.

28. Skrayp

Skrayp

My last name is Sparks, I usually try for Sparky, it was taken...so I scrambled the letters. Good Kustom name though, eh?

29. Road King

Road King

hot Rod club I belonged to in the mid-fifties was the "Road Kings".
    Road King

30. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

I've been building and hacking models since I was a kid. Quite a few years ago I had brought some of my stuff to a meeting and one of my friends said I carried a knife like a doctor, then he said "Oh look, it's Doctor Kerry" since then it stuck and I haven't let anyone down 'cause I still hack the hell out of the plastic.
    I can't afford steel so plastic is the next best thing!!!!!!