Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Caddilac Hubcaps

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dakota Kid, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Dakota Kid

Dakota Kid

I got some caddy Sombreos HUbcaps...What rims work on these deep dished caps Trying to get them on a 60 caddy.

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

One 'D', two 'L's in Cadillac...

And the stock Caddy Sombrero rims work well...

R-

3. Dakota Kid

Dakota Kid

Right! now I go the spelling...What is the year of rims that those caps came on? They don't fit the rims on the 60. Having trouble finding rims with that deep of the dish...any suggestions mr.spell master!

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

IF you're going to be a CADILLAC owner...you'd better KNOW how to spell it...

I sent you a PM...

R-

5. Abomination

Abomination

I have '77 Lincoln turbines on mine... and they look good!

~Jason

6. 41fastback

41fastback

This is what I posted on a thread like this, some time ago.

7. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

Any photos of that!!

8. 41fastback

41fastback

No pictures were taken. Sorry.

9. hepcat_raphael

hepcat_raphael

You're probably gonna need 51-52 stock rims, since that's the year your sombreros probably are on your Kaddddilllakk. I'm not a Kadddie owner, so I can spell it however the hell I wanna.

10. southerncad

southerncad

Your gonna need early wheels, like 49-52, they are a 5 on 5 bolt circle so might fit your 60, but don't know if they will clear the brakes etc.. Also you can do the other idea posted of using a thin trim ring, and even rivet them to the hubcap. I did this with some 57 plymouth cones and put them on my 49 caddy, worked great.:D

11. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

You can run the same year Cady rims or you can do what we did.
    Remove that center dish on the back side of the wheel cover (the one that snaps onto the center section of the wheel) taking care not to build up to much heat.
    Next find a set of cheap beauty rings and rob those of their outer snap ring (that row of teeth that clips into the outer part of the wheel like any other normal wheel cover) and spot weld those onto the outer edge of the Sombrero...TADA you have now just converted your Sombrero into a standard wheel cover!

Of course there is all that measuring and stuff you need to do in between, but thats the basic run down of what you need to do to be able to run Caddy Sombreros on any 15" wheel.