Register now to get rid of these ads!

Diamondback Just Did Me Right!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Jun 11, 2009.

1. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

Pasadenahotrod They vulcanize the white wall to the tire check out their web site they tell you how they do it , on my front tires one took a half ounce weight and the other didn't need any weight...........

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm no expert on the process so I copied this from their website

We use a process known as Vulcanization. Vulcanization is a process by which two pieces of rubber are permanently joined by temperature, time, & pressure.
    White rubber has nothing to add to the strength of a tire’s sidewall - it is purely ornamental. Therefore vulcanizing the whitewall on while the whole tire is being cured, or whether it is added later makes no difference. Our system allows us to offer an infinite number of tire sizes and whitewall widths, and it also allows us to very closely monitor our quality control. Since we use only tires produced by major manufacturers, our problems with balancing, traction, irregular wear patterns, excessive weight and noise levels are virtually non existent.

May I suggest you call and ask for Tab. I believe he is the VP and his Father owns the company.

3. low-lincoln

low-lincoln

I've had DB's on my 56 Linc for a good 6 years now, no issues at all. Great tires!

4. Scott K

Scott K

Good choice..I've got Michelins on everything I own. The Michelins on the yellow truck have almost 20k on them and they still look like new, nice even wear, and are quiet. Same for the daily's.
    When I did tires for Chrysler, michelins were by far the best quality tire's we had (over any G-Y or B-stone).

And with the new wheel, maybe that damn hubcap will stay in place:D.

5. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Ive had 10 sets of DB's on as many cars. Love them.

Had 2 sets of the others and they were ok.

Im a big fan of the DB's. Over the past 6-7 years, they've done me well.

6. Big Dad

Big Dad

Denise, I've called and talked to what seems like everyone there ..Frankly it was no worth the effort I was putting forth to get them to honor what I won and still have in my possesion

They no longer support the give-away program at Good Guy shows which leads me to believe .....

a) This is a common practice not to honor them and good-guys kicked them out as a sponsor

b) They don't feel the need to sponsor events and help car people out

If you can get someone there to honor it, you can have it ..Its not dated or my name is not on it either

If they had a interest to honor it, they have had many chances to do it or at very least explain why they won't but, neither has happened

7. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is what I run on the Merc and I'm a huge fan of Diamondbacks.
    I don't care about the price. I want service and they have a five star
    rating.

This is another good example that they go over the top to please the customer.

Congrats Denise and have a safe trip.

Happy Trails,

Mick

Happy Trails,

Mick

9. Big Dad

Big Dad

"I would have gone back to GOOD GUYS for a authorised signature. you just have a blank paper"

I have an "official" letter that comes with it, the envelope it came in plus, the only give out one per event ..Diamondback surely keeps records of what the "sponsored" and whom collected on what for tax records

Even if, fine ..tell me why you won't honor it but, its the constant run around of call him, her ..they are out call next week, next month

Thumbs down

10. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

I would guess this Diamondback thumbs up over rides the 2007 cudo to Coker? I've always thought Diamondback to have a good product.

"Yep, major discount, more then covers the Allience membership, PLUS a great product. Cokers for sure! "
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    Your topless cruzn buddy, Denise

Doing what you love is freedom.
    Loving what you do is happiness.

Sometime the shopping experience is more than price, but in all fairness, using a product such as tires, can change your idea of whats for sure and what's not. Hope you get great service from your new Diamondbacks. Stu
    <!-- / sig -->

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Price was not a issue this time as my folks bought the rears for me for last Christmas's gift (just been waiting to order them) and since I needed a whole set Mom suggested they buy the other two for my birthday. My folks put a high priority on safety and really like to buy me and my sister tires and stuff like that for gifts. Actually makes giftgiving easy for them.

Price-wise

Coker Classic
    $186.90 each with alliance discount

Diamondbacks, depending on which brand of tire
    $178.
    $188.
    $214.

To go with the more expensive tire was a no brainer if in fact I get an additional year of wear out of them.

12. I've gone through several Diamondbacks, somehow the rears wear out fast on my cars.

been a pleasure every time.

2 sets on the Studebaker
    2 sets on the Model A

13. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

Dang. I just put BFG's on the '39 - hope I made the right choice!!

J.

14. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

your probably the reason the the one I ordered for 40studedude hasn't shown up yet. :)

15. Abomination

Abomination

...tirehumpers. :rolleyes:

~Jason

16. Stick004

Stick004
    from Missouri

So, yes the guys are great to work with and do fantastic work.

But why are you all praising to God about the tire "quality"? DB only shaved the rubber off the side. the reason they are great wearing tires to begin with is because they started life as a great black wall tire from a big company like Michelin or Goodyear. They aren't molding there own rubber like Coker.

I don't mean to be the hater, but don't praise the quality of the product if they didn't engineer it. I don't praise Summit Racing because my MSD box still works after ten years.

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I use to have that problem with Big Olds as well and learned pretty quickly what caused that. :D

I'm sure you did, those are good quality tires as well.

Thats funny because as I was typing up this post last night I kinda hesitated because I was thinking what if someone on the HAMB placed their order a few days ahead of mine yet DB sent me my tires first. That could open up a can-o-worms.:eek:

Yes, I believe you do. DB was smart enough to offer this superior tire product so yes I feel I can comment on the great product I have just purchased from them. Actually I'm praising their quick production and customer service at this time.

Time will tell if I'm actually thrilled with the product itself. I'm sure I'll be thrilled with the actual tire BUT there is still the issue on the quality of the WWW and whether it stays on, stays white, easy of cleaning, and whether the black bleeds onto the white. All issues I will be watching very closely.

So far from reading the feedback from other satisfied DB customers I really don't foresee any issues.

18. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

cant bake cookies at my house, My place is 5 and a half years old and I have never used the kitchen. thats right havent even turned on the refrigerator ( I know I am an idiot!)

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Does that mean your oven is not plugged in either?:eek:
    Kinda hard for me to bake you cookies and serve then hot without an oven or fridge....well I guess I could bake the cookies without a fridge but the milk to go with them might not be ice cold.:D

20. 47 ford

47 ford

I have to agree with HLC Diamond Backs are the way to go !!!

21. Nappy

Nappy
    from York, PA

I've had a good experience with Diamondback, I run them on my Buick.

I know they don't technically 'make' the tires, but michelin doesn't make double whitewalls either.
    It's like a Reese's peanut butter cup. They didn't invent chocolate or peanut butter, but they do a damn good job in putting them together.

Hope you have good luck with yours Denise, I'm sure you will.

22. I'm surprised the bias-ply police haven't busted up this radial lovefest yet! :(

Good luck with your new skins, Denise.:D

23. 50Fraud

50Fraud

At the risk of beating a dead horse:

I put 215-75-R15 Coker Classics on my shoebox in 1998. After about 3000 miles, they started failing, with the belts separating from the carcass and forming great big lumpy goiters. Over the next five years or so, EIGHT Coker tires failed on the car, usually when I was hundreds or thousands of miles from home. Their service ranged from "tough shit, not our problem" at first, to pretty responsible service at the end, but I still had to eat freight and mounting charges each time it happened.

I finally got fed up about five years ago and replaced them with the basic DB's, which were made on Lee carcasses (I think). In the ensuing period I have had ZERO problems -- not so much as a leak. I've done OK with Coker on bias plies, but I won't touch their radials again, ever.

24. Weasel

Weasel

Talking of which, I ordered a set of the DB 16" 3 series Bias Ply lookalikes on Monday. Coker did not have anything close to the right height - 1935 16" Ford wires with 6.00 x 16 bias plys - but the DB 195/75R16 is a direct replacement. I spoke with Bill Chapman - founder of the company - and I explained I was trying to get the tires so that I could mount them in time for the LA Roadster show. I also wanted them with the extra wide 3" whitewall and the 1/4" beauty ring to give them as much of a bias ply look as possible. Normally this kind of special order take three weeks, but he said we'll jump right on it and we won't charge you the rush order charge either. I received the shipping notification from UPS on Wednesday. Once the tires arrive and I have them mounted, I am going to post a wheel tech thread on adapting hubcaps to artillery wheels and will post photos of the finished mounted tires on 1936 Buick Roadmaster artillery wheels with Ford wire wheel hubcaps.

Diamond Back has a better range of sizes than Coker and uses brand name tires as the basis for their products. The service is great and they really do try to keep the customer happy. I had my first set of DBs in 1997 and had a few problems, which they made good on their dollar. Good people and good products.

25. Pics please?

Very cool on the fast service Denise! Have fun!

26. Richard Head

Richard Head

Last year I used my stimulus check to buy a set of DB redlines for my OT GTO. They arrived on time and look great on the car. I looked into Coker as well, but they didn't offer the size I wanted. The price was the most I have ever paid for a set of tires, so I do a lot less burnouts than I used to.

My dad has DB wide whites on his 34 pickup and they look and ride great. If you look really close you can see the seam in the whitewall, but I'm not that picky.

Dave

27. Steve-Cook

Steve-Cook
    from Garner, NC

Dont take this the wrong way but that looks like the most unofficial piece of paper worth $300 bucks that I believe I have ever seen if someone gets that and it works let me know I will snag the picture and print one up and get a $300 discount for myself.

28. Next time put the rears on the front:D

29. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I bought my first set from them for my wagon and the second set for the wagon and will buy my next set from them. they were always great to work with (and being in SC like I was made it nice, plus I could get what ever style tire I wanted put into a white wall. BF's have to agressive tread for my taste on a vintage car, so I found a nice firestone radial with a bias styled (more early car like) tread and had the whitewall put on them..

30. That sounds like the perfect tire, especially for the front. Post a pic of them when you get them mounted up. Are using the same size in back too? I would like something in a bigger size for the back that would match the fronts in tread and style. I might just go for the blackwall smoothies too. I have some '35 Plymouth artillery wheels that need Ford wire wheel hubcaps adapted to them too so I'll be waiting to see how you do it. I bought some adapter hats that accept the Ford wire wheel hubcaps from wheel kid that I was going to try attach to the artillery wheels.