Register now to get rid of these ads!

Minnesota Back to the 50's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seesko, Apr 17, 2009.

1. I'll be there! I'm bringing my 9yld son with. He's very into cars already and has been pushing me to start working on my hudson again.

2. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

We lived in Red Wing, MN in the 70s, working at the Glow City Plant there. This is by far one of the best venues and shows I have ever been to. Cruisin to Porkys, cruising the fair grounds, sure was great back then. Real diehard gearheads out there (long cold winters?) and great cars! Sure would like to go to one more one of these days!

3. the messaround is always at the same place,Memory Lanes in south minneapolis show isn't until like the end of Aug first part of Sept,check out Lucky Bastards Car club page for info,they're usually at BTT50's handing out messaround flyers

4. DeuceKustoms

DeuceKustoms

messaround is labor day weekend, sunday, I believe.

5. Stevie D

Stevie D

Ok i'm in i'll be there this year my wagon and the other halfs 27 T so we agreed on a meeting place or what

6. chubbie

chubbie

Maybe 5 years in a row!!Great event.. close to home, so i pre register,why cant i pull in to the fair grounds with my pre reg. and get my goodie bag (?????) there? In stead, they run you around way up north, thru city trafic, to the host motel. just for a goodie bag???? The locals hate us on there roads!! I hate them trying to scare me!!! I've seen some strange things on the streets!!!!! I call it B S!!!!

7. They do it at the Hotel because there's such a huge volumn of cars and people it would just jam up the Fairgrounds even worse. It's a pretty big operation. Also a lot of people just stay there too.
    The locals hate everybody on the road. Actually some of them just don't give a rip or are crappy drivers:(. It's the big city.:p

8. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

Like I posted on the other meet and greet thread I will be there at noon. See ya all then.

9. chubbie

chubbie

So I'm pre registerd...they send me a number..I hold up the number, like the button..
    they let me in.. i park, and walk back to get goodie bag, just like the with the 50's mug..NO PILE UP, NO WAITING IN LINE, NO RUNNING HOT!!!! some times things are just to easy to make sense

10. I second what seesko said, I think they have it down to a science to get that many people registered and on there way. Another plus is the "mini" show at the hotel, and more cruisn' time in the rod!!!

11. Lucky444

Lucky444

12. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

13. evil erik

evil erik

I plan on having a space at the swap meet with my dad and my twin boys, which will be a first for us, and hopefully a good Father's Day!

I haven't been a swapper with my dad since I was a kid and my dad took me to the St. Cloud Pantowner's car show/swap meet, thirty + years ago where I remember helping my dad set out parts and finding good deals on 25 cent comic books.

Good times!:cool:

14. Well just cruise on over here then.:D a little thing like the Pacific Ocean shouldn't stop you.

15. Canuck

Canuck

Should be there Friday.

Looking forward to the HAMB meet on Saturday at 12:00, as long as you guys don't mind a late model.

The coupe is still as ways off from hitting the road, so the ride still is the Malibu.

Look for a Red 64 Malibu with Manitoba plates.

See you at BTT50s

Canuck

PS: Maybe name tags are in order??

16. 64 Malibu's work just fine at BBT 50's at least. Name tags might be a good idea. Just like church or a event at the kids school..

"Hi! My Name is:
    Nailhead Nate" :D

17. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

Have only missed a few since '88. Will be there, but carless this year. :(

18. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Where is the HAMB meet? Keep in mind it's my first time, and I don't know what I'm doing. :D

19. L. Eckart

L. Eckart

I've got a couple of motel rooms available at the Country Inn & Suites at 3505 Vadnais Center Drive which is NE of the fairgrounds and pretty easy driving to and from. The rate is $105/night with breakfast bar. They are reserved from Thursday-Sunday, June 18-21. I need to know by Wednesday or I am going to let them go. PM me if you have interest. Thanks. Larry

20. 51Kustom

51Kustom

I'll be there! Just about got the car ready to go. Turn signals installed, new gauges, cooling issues figured out, trailer wiring... only one thing left....FLAMETHROWERS!!! I haven't missed one since I was 4 months old. I can hardly contain the excitement!.
    See you there!

21. It's the greatest. :)

22. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

so anyone on here know of any traditional car clubs that will be at the show?

of course there will be street rod clubs - but I am wondering about truly traditional car clubs - kinda like the Chrome Czars -

so Django - will you be there with the Chrome Czars or Hot Rod Chassis and Cycle?

23. We will have several members there. I'll be driving this and the Olds will be there too.

Attached Files:

24. Django

Django
    from Chicago

We'll be there with a booth for Hot Rod Chassis and the big truck. We're bringing the '37 that we've been building. I'm not bringing my car, as we'll be in the Canyonero.

25. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

yep, with the 61 Cat ragtop

26. Hey all, are there going to be any H.A.M.B. shirts available for sale at the 50's ?

27. That would be a good idea. I think they'd sell. :)

28. Hey Canuck, what part of MB you from?

We are heading out Thursday after work and hitting Fargo, then leaving Friday AM for the rest of the drive.

Would be great to meet with some other Manitobans!

29. Would not miss it. I hope to go on Friday or Sunday. As usual, won't bring the Merc. I hope everyone has a swell time. I look forward to again seeing the Wee brothers from Cottonwood and their Studebaker 2R5 pickup with the GM big block.