Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody been to the Pittsburgh Parts-a-Rama?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PreciseRacing, Jun 3, 2009.

1. PreciseRacing

PreciseRacing
    from PA

I'm looking for more information from somebody who's actually been to the Pittsburgh Parts-A-Rama before. What kind of stuff do they usually have?

I am thinking about taking my old go kart stuff (a lot of it is new, actually) and some general automotive stuff that's new but isn't a common size anymore (spark plugs, etc). Do you think there's a market for that? What do you guys usually go to look at there? I've heard they have a pretty good number of hot rods to look at, but I've never been.

Any information would be awesome! Thanks!

2. 46achers

46achers

Locally here we call it the "Junk a Rama"...but ya never know what mght show up.

3. Andamo

Andamo

At one time it was a good meet to go to and find stuff. Now they let all kinds of vendors in and they're selling jewelry, Sham Wows and all that cheap ass flea market crap. The last time I went, which was about 5 years ago, the car corral was kinda sparse.

4. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Don't drive too far to go, or you will be disappointed. you never know what you are going to find, but lately it has not been too good.

Ago

5. evol55

evol55

I guess driveing 3 1/2 hrs is to much to drive to go to this? I wanted to try a new car swap meet. Should I not waste my time?

6. Carter

Carter

I've found some decent stuff there a few times in the last 5 or 10 years, but it's mostly as bad as what everyone else has said.
    I'd probably drive 3 1/2 hrs to go, but I'd go just to do something and not expect much.
    Remember, a bad day at the swap meet is still better than a good day at work.

Dave

7. streetfreakmustang

streetfreakmustang
    BANNED
    from Ohio

Been going to that show for 20+ years. Get's a little worse each year.

Way too much 2000-2006 totaled car and truck parts brought in at that show anymore. Show is getting to look like your locak new car junk yard. Not to mention the chinese tools etc.

8. Pgh_Stan

Pgh_Stan

As everyone said earlier has gone down hill over past 5-10 years with all the beanie baby dealers BUT no matter what swap I go to I always find something and it is good size. People always seem there rusty hubcap has gold plating under it but you will have that after Barrett-Jackson. And again if it is nice day go look at the sexy redneck girls missing a few teeth and some cars and enjoy a chicken kabob. Great place for a mullet sightings so bring a camera.

9. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

A day out with your boys, looking at old crap, cheese steak sandwich, what the hell else ya gonna do on that day? Don't expect anything and you won't be disappointed. Stop by the Sacred Pistons booth and I'll give ya beer.