Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cars found in the woods!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fourspd340, Jun 5, 2009.

1. fourspd340

fourspd340

I just returned from a trip in upstate NY to visit my folks. For the past few summers, my Dad and I have have made a little tradition of asking around to see if anyone has any older cars behind their houses or on their property that they would either like to get rid of or sell parts off of. I'm usually on the look-out for '60's era Mopars but we found something a little different this time. The pictures pretty much tell the story. We grabbed everything we could including the flathead V-8 and tranny out of the '40 Ford. We took three truckloads out of there but we ran out of time. Next summer I plan on going back up and grabbing the steering column, pedals, dash, etc. out of the '40 Ford. The property owners were actually glad we came and got the stuff!
    Some of it is pretty rough but I think its going to make perfect Hot Rod material. What's even cooler, is that now people are on the look-out for my Dad and I for vintage stuff. As a matter of fact, my parants went to look at another car in the woods a few days ago that someone told them about. Looks like we will be busy next summer as well!

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  2. Man, that stuff looks like gold to me!

3. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

I'd like to have that stuff.....

4. 63Compact

63Compact

5. abone1930

abone1930

Awesome find, Save the old stuff :D

6. Damn! For upstate New York that stuff looks to be in great shape. Excellent find!

7. keeffer

keeffer

where did you find it

8. Nice try;)

9. 343w

343w

In the woods in upstate N.Y., that's what he said!

10. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

11. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

awesome finds !

12. AeroMonte

AeroMonte

Nice score, I'd be haulling every bit of that home. I have the same problem with people telling me about old cars in the woods. This is what I found this week and bought it all for $600. I gave $500 for the 56 Pontiac last week. The hills in Mo and Ar are still full of this stuff.

Attached Files:

13. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Well I am interested in the 39

14. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Nice haul.
    I wouldn't wait until next summer. I'd take a weeks vacation before Summer is out and drive back up there for another load!

15. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I'm sorry sir, there will be a NY state export tax of one roadster pickup body. Feel free to make payment at my garage.;):D

You bastard! Stealing our NY woods cars!:D

Nice find there! If you decide to part with any of the '27 stuff, let me know...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  16. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Is the 39/40 a coupe or sedan?

17. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Upstate NY ,,is covered in that stuff

18. Where will the poor little old tin wood nymphs live??:(

Better than striking gold!:)

19. Great! Now you'll start the Great Upstate NY rusty tin rush of '09:D

20. MeteorMan

MeteorMan

At least get them up off the ground!!

Wonder how long they've been there?

21. Yeah, I would get my butt back up there ASAP if the guy was "glad we came and got the stuff." He'll be glad to see the next guy too.

22. $600 for ALL of it!!!???:eek: No friggn way!!!! You have absolutely no luck at all do ya. I'm in the heart of MO so next time you're drivin' NW, come by and pick my ass up and I'll go hunting with ya!!! Esp if you find some more metal like that! You are a lucky man!

23. fourspd340

fourspd340

Hey everyone! I've been out in the garage all day. I was born and raised in upstate NY (Lewis County) but I never came across that stuff when I was younger. I always looked for all sorts of stuff but never found it until recently. Anyways, I think there is a ton of old cars out there just waiting to be picked up. If you are ever up in Lewis County looking for old cars, just be careful. It is a VERY rural area and make sure you have permission to me snooping around the woods. You just might end up with a butt full of buckshot.

I think the one car is a '40. It is a two door sedan. It's not going anywhere. The one license plate on the Model T pick-up was from 1951. Those cars have been there a long time.

While I was up there I got to chatting with a scrap metal dealer. I looked around his pile of "scrap" and found some very cool stuff. A complete Model A chassis with running gear and cowl, another flathead V-8 and tranny as well as two complete front axle assemblies. One had the "wide five" wheels. As I was pointing out all of the stuff I wanted him to save for me for next summer, he just kind of shook his head and said, "You know, you would never make it as a scrap metal dealer."

Whatever. I love saving this stuff. I think by next summer I should have a nice pile of parts

Stan

24. Carter

Carter

Nice finds, there, Stan.
    Don't drag too much stuff home or you won't get anything done on the coupe.
    As a matter of fact, I'll just take that RPU and the 26/7 T body off your hands so you'll be able to concentrate on your coupe.

Geez, I never find anything but poison ivy and thorns in the woods.

Good luck with your new finds.

Dave

25. 54 savoy

54 savoy

good post i love seeing these,maybe like i'll stumble on one one of these days,if i get through the booby traps the reefer farmers put out,i still remember the vicky in deliverance on the riverbank,carsinbarns.com used to have alot of old cars now it's just muscle and daytona's

26. rodknocker

rodknocker

You medeling kids!!!!

27. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

that's awesome. i'd be going back right this instant, not waiting until next summer...

28. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

Thar's gold in them thar hills!:D

29. JOEHOODS

JOEHOODS

What a find....