Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Dark blue cars with black wheels & features

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scootermcrad, Jun 4, 2009.

1. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I absolutely HATE asking for stuff like this, but I really need some help here. I didn't see anything in a search and I didn't get lucky looking around the net either.

I'm looking for dark blue cars, specifically open-wheeled hot rods, that have black wheels and tires, and have blacked out features.

I would guess a good example would be something like Washington Blue on a Model A with black wheels and tires, chassis, and suspension.

I'm really stuck and could use some pictures! Have to make some serious decisions soon that depend on paint.

Anything you guys could post would be appreciated!

Car's similar to Myke's coupe is what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

'Nother picture of Myke's coupe...

[​IMG]

More cars with this paint scheme going on.

Thanks!

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Oh give it up scooter! You don't need to see pics of something that you know is purly and simply perfect. That's why I said there was not much choice for me when it comes to my coupe. this color combo is very often used and for good reason. It's the second best Hot Rod Color next to black even though I prefer the blue).

Myke's coupe is definitely inspirational and I hope to have something half as nice.

4. alchemy

alchemy

That 32 roadster from Texas or Oklahoma a few years ago. With the glove stitched interior. Smith?

Or the '32 roadster in the current issue of Street Rodder.

5. Mattilac

Mattilac

and another shot of Myke's car I took at Ty-Rods last year:

[​IMG]

6. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know, I know. That's why all this time I've wanted it blue... then I started looking at the blasted European racers with their sexy silver metallic and I got all confused. :eek:

Wait... so you should have some pictures to share then, right? :D

7. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another car along these lines, but with blue wheels....

Attached Files:

8. Anderson

Anderson

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and I've got a bunch of that roadster at home I can post later.

9. - Aj -

- Aj -

One of my fav's:

Attached Files:

10. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is the car you're thinking of. GREAT color! Not quite what I had in mind, but beautiful just the same.

Attached Files:

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Nope. I had Jesus, Buddah, and Muhammad wake me in a dream and tell me that Washington blue was the path I was to choose. I did not need to see examples.

Also I sometimes think me being paid to be a professional designer warrants my trust in vision for myself. I like to envision stuff and see if it works....then I mother fuck myself in the end for not asking to see some examples. Carry on.

12. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WHOA! Is that blue or black?? If it's blue and had to ask, I like it even MORE!

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Oh my god, how could I have forgotten the Silva Special 1.1? That car is pure panther sex!!!! Love the brown leather interior too!!! Definitely one of my favorites.

14. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HAHAHAHA!!! :D Nice!

15. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Scotty's car is of course beautiful as well. I didn't mention it because it's not really blacked out, but the blue is pretty close to what I'm after...

[​IMG]

16. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Maybe someone has more pictures of this one. Seems to be from the LA area, possibly... (there's blue under that lake dust, I swear!)

[​IMG]

17. Anderson

Anderson

Thats the weirdest lookin' '32 roadster I've ever seen!

That sedan is in fact blue. If you look really hard at the grill shell, you'll notice it is black, but you can just barely see the color difference on the hood side. Wheels and frame are black too.

18. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Interesting! That must be that Federal Stock "Dark Sea Blue" (or night blue). Been staring at that color quite a bit because of how dark it is. It's a military color that was correct for various Navy planes, including the F4U Corsair series planes. Not sure there is ENOUGH contrast with that, now that I see the picture though. Thanks for posting that Fidg!

By the way! Great job on the Carson top! Supreme work!

19. Sincity57

Sincity57
    from Austin

How bout if I tell ya I won't paint it silver! HAHAHAHA....JK I'll paint it whatever color you want, but if you want my honest opinion, I think blue is the way to go. I think silver will provide too much contrast with all the black. I get the feeling you're still leaning toward the blue. Go with your gut feeling. Like I've told ya before, at worst case we just have to paint it twice. Painting is the easy part!

20. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, leaning towards the blue brotha! It's been the plan all the way through the build up until... well... yesterday. :rolleyes::eek:

Hey, you've painted silver for me before and it turned out GREAT! ;):D HAHA!

21. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Doncha step on mah blue suede chooz

22. flatblackindustries

flatblackindustries
    from Ogden, UT

Scooter,
    I guess I am still dissapointed you have gone away from the pink flake you originally talked about. I'll get over it....

23. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Better than the purple Honda Civic with the fart can muffler and under-car neon the you keep telling me "one day I'll fix it up". :D:D;):p

24. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's what I need to do... CHOOZ, already. :rolleyes::D

25. noboD

noboD

This tudor was at the Showdown and it is tits. My OT Dodge Brothers is dark, dark blue, but this thing is way darker. I started with a Chevy Truck blue { I think around '77} and added black to get the shade I wanted. You had to be about 10 feet from this tudor before it looked blue.

26. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Scoot,
    Here's a couple pics of black & blue combos that I really like. Plus, as much as these cars beat the snot out of you along the way it is a fitting choice:D

Dan

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  27. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Wow, it's tough to tell until you see the color chart. Smurfette is actually closer to "Dresden Blue".

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I am done now, I promise:D

28. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

Dark blue suede and black wheels. Cool. That will be the color scheme for my model A.

29. Anderson

Anderson

There are two different dark blue '32 roadsters here. The second one is the one talked about above.

Attached Files:

30. Anderson

Anderson

a couple more

Attached Files: