Register now to get rid of these ads!

2009 Gasser Reunion Thompson Ohio

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Falcon Gasser, Feb 6, 2009.

1. ratrodtaylor26

ratrodtaylor26
    from Lorain, oh

I cant wait i missed the last couple years, and i will not miss this year. i cant wait to see don moyers willy's, i have never got to meet the guy but i love that car. does anyone know if "fire suit phil" is gonna be there, hell i love all the cars there. hope to meet some of you guys there. alot of you are inspirations to me. i am like the guy above though, "the never starting project", lol. but i still love watching you guys run'em and run'em hard. thanks for the great show, you guys make the show.

dirt

2. checkedgoldtop

checkedgoldtop

Be there saturday fo sho. I'll be the guy humpin' all the halibrands.

3. My wife and I will be there on Saturday . . . can't wait to see some of the cars, see some runs and have some fun! I'm sure I'll have a HAMB t-shirt on . . . anybody sees a 50 year old guy with a goatee and a black HAMB shirt, say 'Hi!' . . . might just be me!

4. checkedgoldtop

checkedgoldtop

Dude, don't talk about the weather, it is listening and it doesn't like the gasser reunion. SSSHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

5. Fossil

Fossil

Dad and I will be pulling in from Jersey on Thursday night. Looking forward to making some passes and seeing some friends. With the way my job situation looks...this may be one of my only races this year...so we're going to have a good time.
    Everyone is welcome to stop by and say hello...have a bite or a drink. Look for the black Willys with "Relic" on the door.

-Scott

6. fossil;

Call Tony,talk him into coming ,will ya?

1939fiat

7. nick_s

nick_s
    from Ohio

Whats a better day for racing action...Friday or Saturday?

8. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

I'd have to say Sat.

9. Hey Scott, can't wait to see what you have in store for me this year...It will be great lining up next to you again!

Dirt....make sure you stop by and see us....Don

10. Fossil

Fossil

Rick...I tried but he says he can't make it this year.

-Scott

11. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Scott,
    I don't know if you know this or not but the Balash's will be coming on friday. They are going to go to indy and pick up their new golf cart and then come up to the track. It's going to be great to see them and you. Will plan on stopping by and you do the same.
    Wanda

12. Fossil;

I talked to him Sunday,and he was "thinking" about it..

1939fiat

13. JustBryan

JustBryan
    from NE Ohio

I'll be there early Friday morning. stop by for coffee early....beer later

14. Fossil

Fossil

Wanda,

Yes I keep in touch with Paul and we're planning on seeing them Friday-Sunday. I'm going to try and get a pit spot for him so he can put the trailer next to us. See you there.

-Scott

15. GASSERGUY

GASSERGUY

does anyone know if "fire suit phil" is gonna be there?

SPOKE TO PHIL THE OTHER DAY. SAYS HE'S COMING. Nailed me, with a laugh, for having Jim Wilkens' car on the cover for the second time (in 4 years). Guilty. Sometimes it comes down to what fits on the cover and still looks good. Jim's wild wheelie was a fit.

Weather report is "Ohio Perfect". Sunshine and scattered showers on Sunday. Rain or Shine, we're going to have a great time. Bones Balogh is coming as are the Mallicoat Twins, Ohio George, the S&S Racing Team and many more.

Flying out at dawn on Thursday. Headed to the track in the afternoon.

NOTE: Word is that they're closing the gate at 5PM on Thursday. Get there earlier if you're want to park your rig inside on that day.

Ernest

16. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Bringing this back up. I'll be out Friday afternoon

17. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Talk about crying!...lol Tell your buddy Ken there is a open AA/GS show that is paying a $1,000.00 to win. Tell him to put up or shut up.....if thats possible!

Rocky

18. I hope Jim Wilkens is comming too, I love to match race with him! I am glad to hear that some of the Geezer Gassers are comming too, unfortunatly it is the only time of the year I get to line up with them...

19. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Ernest and all,

I'm really looking forward to this years event. We missed last years because of a booking conflict. This year, we'll have the Screamin Eagle funny car racing Saturday night with the Great Lakes Funny car circuit and I'll be making some passes in my old car, the Flashback 33 Willys. On Sunday I'll be racing the KS Pittman tribute 33 Willys AA/GS car in the "Open" AA/GS class. Looking foward to a great weekend!

Rocky

20. jim_ss409

jim_ss409

I've got my car loaded up and ready to go. I had a blast there last year and can't wait to get back! Here's a picture I got from the catwalk last year.
    [​IMG]

21. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

Cant we all just get along?!!!!!!!!

22. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ken,
    Once again i am going to put my 2 cents worth in here. GET OVER YOURSELF. Reading what you have put on here is the reason that you are not very highly regarded in the gasser circle. Rocky is a good friend of ours and a outstanding individual. So you don't like thompson because they wont pay you to show up. Do the pay the S&S team, no do they pay barb hamilton, no. Do they still show up to have a good time, yes. This is the last that i will post on this as you don't deserve anymore of our time. Harsh yes, truthful you had better believe it.
    Wanda

23. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

yes alot has changed in drag racing.hell they dont even go the full 1/4 mile anymore.but i love the cars and the feeling i get when i start my car let alone race it.if someone doesnt like my car or how i run it who fn cares,thats why its my car not thiers!!!!i have been racing at thompson on and off for 20 years and i love it.may be i was slow to alot of people but i was always going as fast as i could{money and knowhow limitid}.so why dont we just all shut up and go racing{WAY MORE FUN THAN SITTING BY THIS STUPID COMPUTER}

24. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Boy.....I am glad I built a car I can afford to race and not something that's so out of hand I could not afford to start it and race it without help.......I am tired of the gasser crowd rewriting it's history also.....but it's not worth getting into that........Ken, I think you should go and show them how it's done if that's what your all about.....because doing all this on the internet is not effective.......Yes, I myself hates the thought of running 1/8 mile....I would show up anyway's and unleash it the whole 1/4 anyway's..we need more constructive dialogue and people to be more proactive to make anything better....I am looking forwards to this weekend......This event is still the same event it started out as .......for us bottom feeders...........I respect all of you,Littleman

25. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

Exellent ! ! Black out and Arogant J, are father Son team ! Keep an eye out for that Henry J ! ! lil sucker runs fast. gave them a copy of this pic

P.S. Like LittleMan said...........its all about pegging the fun meter. This event is GREAT for that. 60 bucks aint shit ! !

26. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

when are you going?ill be there early thursday morning.i have to try and save 8 spots.and hopefully i can talk larry into letting steve park with us.

27. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Jesus Ken, How long are you gonna' keep wishin' 1967 would come back? You've been whining about this shit ever since you bought the Hill car. Don't like what they're doing, don't go. Just sit in your shop and wait for the calendar to come back around to the 1960's.

28. cooljunk

cooljunk

Took the Falcon to a local cruise last night just to see if the wheels would turn. Looks OK, will head out Friday AM, see you at the track. Jeff

29. We're planning on going Saturday to watch... the flyer said gates open at 7:00 am time trials are 9:00- 5:00 some funny cars & gamblers race at 6:00 So how late do they race on Saturday??? I don't want to miss anything. I wish I still had my 39 gasser Studebaker.

30. willys426

willys426
    from earth

Didn't know you had an issue with me, couldn't imagine what it could be. Sorry you do. You don't know anything about AA/GS racing, nor are you involved, so discussing cars or track payouts or class rules with you would just be silly.