Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just found a rough 1932 ford 3w, what is it worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by burns66, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anderson

Anderson

If you buy it, I'll trade you a slightly more solid '32 sedan body straight across! :D

and you keep the firewall!

I'm totally serious......

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

I was kiddin' Chris!

3. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

You mean the one he's selling on ebay right now?:D

4. Amen Brother!!!!!

5. Dude, I was wondering.... :D:D:D

6. I saw that car at a little rod shop in Dennard on highway 65 north of Conway. A guy and his son have some really nice cars in a simple looking shop in a rural area.He has a black 32 3w with flames. The car was in pretty rough shape he drug it out of farmers place. When I looked at it it made me so glad my 5w wasn't that far gone. Gary
    BUT IT IS A 32 3W ( Wow the prices quoted seem steep for it.)

7. i think he means that they removed the b pillar from a 5 window to make it a 3 window or a hardtop. buw we all know(except for him) that it is a 32 3 window aka the car of my dreams:cool:

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

ExStock Car or one that was never finished? From what I've seen if there is a rolling chassis with it 5-8 grand.

9. Fogger

Fogger

Figure out what you would need to straighten out that mess. If you don't have access to donor doors and the rear body section check with Brookville on prices. That body is more than rough and only a very skilled metal man would be able to put it back into shape. I'd say $2k max and figure another $20k to fix it. That's almost the same as a new Brookville 3W body. Really depends on your skills. The FOGGER

10. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

look`s like 2 grand to me, that would make a great channelled drag car

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'd just like to add that you need rear fenders to line up the back. The cowl and rear fenders (attacked to the original frame bolt holes) are the only starting points you'll have. Got that info years ago from Dick Spadaro. :)

12. Good to know!!

13. Verne

Verne
    from Burbank

Doesn't really matter what anyone on here thinks it's worth, or whether they like '32s or not. It's worth what the market value says and it will sell only for what the owner will let go of it for. If you really want it and have the money $10,000 would be a good starting offer, if you get it cheaper you made out. I sure wouldn't mind having that body, finding a few pieces and some bodywork it would be worth twice the offer.

14. chaddilac

chaddilac

I figured I'd throw the hook out there... knew someone would bite!:D:D

15. Oh, I guess I'm the idiot then ;)

16. CrazyDaddy

CrazyDaddy
    from Austin TX

That body needs a left quarter panel at the least; good luck finding a gennie ! Brookville only sells entire sides for $3700, not just the quarter. An option would be to use a '33-'34 rear quarter. Plus you have no subrails, decklid, garnish, ... dash is there but looks pretty rusty. Regarding price - I have one that is in slightly better shape and can't sell it for 11k!

17. If I'm estimating in your money I'd say $4000, if it's my money we're talking about $1500 tops.

18. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

in all honesty I would say $5-6k... $8-10k last year hahhaa.,.

19. chopdtop

chopdtop

I can't remember who on here said this but this comment is brilliant!
    "I can't be both the buyer and the seller. You have to tell me what you are asking for the car"!

Then I'd add= "If I'm going to be both the buyer and the seller for the car I'll accept my lowball offer and load her up right now"!!

20. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

been there...done that...won't ever do it again.

I paid 20k for a body in a lot better shape than that, and it still cost another 20k to make it right.

That thing is a pile...but Jim Sibley could fix it. ;)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  21. Figure about $20,000 minus the cost of repop quarters, deck lid, and inner doors, and you should be in the ballpark on what it's actually worth. Ask the seller if he has a starting point. If he'll take a good deal less than your number, buy it.

22. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Unless you can fix it yourself ... PASS

It will cost you a LOT more to fix it, than you can BUY a decent coupe for.

[​IMG]

I love 32 Fords as much as anyone, most likely more than most ... but that thing is ROUGH and the missing pieces are either Brookville or years of looking and either way it is big bucks $$$ :eek:

[​IMG]

I am ashamed to admit how deep $$$ I am in this 3W
    and you would most likely call me a LIAR if I told you ... :(

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  23. Pay what its worth to you, not a cent more!

24. andyg

andyg

so did you buy it?

25. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

Tell him he says a price or you make an offer. But when he hears your offer he can't get mad. I usually offer $1 to the people at swap meets when they do this. In reality that is what I want to pay. If they get pissy I walk away. If he truly wants to sell he has a price. He is probably playing the make an offer game with 10 different guys right now. There's others.

Now how much would I pay? 5-8k. How much would any 32 nut pay 8-12k. I saw a decently complete one go 5 yrs. ago for 25k. It needed work but had all the stuff your missing. I think Rustynewyorkers advise to start at 20 and work back according to what you need to buy/pay in labor is pretty much on.

Glad I don't care for 32s that much.

26. Rdono

Rdono

save 100 grand and pass on it, go but a new knockoff. Actually if you can get it for the right price some fool will pay you more. But then if you buy GM stock you may do better.

27. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

man that thing is a Bone , and when i say its clapped out you know its clapped out lmao

28. burns66

burns66

thanks for all the replies and all the info. i was thinking some where in the 4-5k range. one guy said that i could use 33-34 1/4s. does anyone have pictures of that. i know it is a lot of work but the challenge intrigues me .thanks again for all the replies.

29. solid

solid

33-34 quarters are probably as hard to find, and as pricey. I have never heard of anybody using them on a 32. Offer him 4000.00, if you really want it.

30. If you start out at 10K how the hell do you think you may get it cheaper?

Holy shit. :rolleyes:

If it were me, I'd offer $1000, hope to get it bought for less than 5K, & would then sell the SOB & put that $$ toward a Brookville 3wd.

When the body pictured is repaired/rebuilt, the sheer lack of original sheetmetal remaining is going to be amazing. Someone (you or the next guy) is going to have a lot of $$ tied up in not much '32 Ford sheetmetal.

JH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.