Register now to get rid of these ads!

They Said it coulden't be done........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WhitePunkOnNitro, Jun 1, 2009.

1. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Who's 'they'? Pretty much anything can be built with enough desire, cash and skills. It is definitely not rocket science and is not about of "can't", but "why"? There is probably a very good reason why you don't see many twin engine race cars and it is likely because at the end of the day, they don't really win the races.

But, that is sort of besides the point. Looks like it could be a cool and fun project. Good luck with it.

2. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

Hey White Punk.....Build it. Should be fun to watch and to drive. Would also be cool to build as a street car.

3. WhitePunkOnNitro

WhitePunkOnNitro
    from Middle Tn

I guess I should have aired the fucker up, huh? It's not bolted to anything, I just stuck it in the wheelwell for the pic.

4. WhitePunkOnNitro

WhitePunkOnNitro
    from Middle Tn

5. hell yes, I would pay to see two big block Mopars in an altred on fuel!!

6. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

So, uh, again.....do ya need a driver?

7. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

its a cool idea . i say do it .i would love to see it at the hamb drags....

8. WhitePunkOnNitro

WhitePunkOnNitro
    from Middle Tn

Not nearly as much as I need a big freakin pile O cash...any ideas?

9. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Well, sounds like you answered the why and you seem to have the desire and skills and have put some decent thought into it. Now that cash thing always seems to be the hard part - the cash. Like I said, good luck with it and have fun.

10. Stick004

Stick004
    from Missouri

you could buy stock in GM, it's pretty cheap right now. Or rob a bank...

No, really. that's gonna be a bitchin ride.

11. raven

raven

I'll believe it when I see it at the HAMB drags...
    When do you think you might be done with it?
    r

12. RAY With

RAY With

I will be waiting for the final pics and test run. Lack of horsepower shouldn't enter into this configuration the way I see it. Good luck!

13. Degreaser

Degreaser

Hell yes man!! Build it!!

14. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Ok...I'll drive it for free.

15. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

If they're basically bolted/welded together, how do you intend to keep the crankshafts in alignment with each other? I'd be worried about even being a few thousandths off, as that misalignment at RPM is a big deal. Looks cool! What are the engines? Big Chevy?

16. WhitePunkOnNitro

WhitePunkOnNitro
    from Middle Tn

That's a damn good question right there. I don't have a clue when it will actually be finished. It all depends on cashflow. If I had the green, I could finish the car in 3 or 4 weeks...but I don't. I hunt for bargains, and throw parts at the car as I can...same way I'm sure you build your hot rods. She'll be done when she's done.

17. WhitePunkOnNitro

WhitePunkOnNitro
    from Middle Tn

One of my cars is already on there...look under Anywhere but the west coast....last name is DeFeo.

18. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Screw the naysayers. Build that Sumbutch and drive the Hell out of it.

19. Ahhh, I didn't think I needed to tell you about the Awful, Awful site. But, I did anyway.

PS, I think when you get it to the track you'll need TWO back up girls. Puts the exhibitionist into exhibition cars.

20. seatex

seatex

WHAT A GREAT SITE! Thanks a lot, something else to waste my time on while I'm supposed to be working!:rolleyes:

21. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

Hell yes.
    I can't beleive I've seen such negativity on this thread, from guys who are supposed to be into wild and wierd stuff. Its just a couple of motors in a drag car, instead of one, so the only 'difficult' thing to do is link them together. Big deal, it has been done a hundred times in the past.

22. WhitePunkOnNitro

WhitePunkOnNitro
    from Middle Tn

The engines are Mopar wedges..440's. The subframe that the engines ride, as well as struts that tie them together should maintain a positive alignment. I used flex plates to help offset some of the oscellations that will probably be involved once the whole thing is loaded. Also, I'm going to be bolting the plates together n such a way that they will be able to float slightly if they are really stressed. There will be a length of tubing through the bolt holes, that the bolts will sandwitch. In other words, the plates will be snug, but not completely locked down into eachother.

23. WhitePunkOnNitro

WhitePunkOnNitro
    from Middle Tn

Yes!...I like the way you think!

24. WhitePunkOnNitro

WhitePunkOnNitro
    from Middle Tn

I respect the naysayers...They don't know me from a hole in the wall, and the project I'm showing here looks like it might be a bit much to swallow. I think one of the reasons I posted in the first place was to get a little kick in the ass...some additional motivation, y'know. It's all good.

25. Ruiner

Ruiner

I like the flex plate idea, as long as it proves to work, hehehe...it's something different over your typical chain and sprocket coupler...and I'm sure glad to see the RB motors getting some love instead of the typical 426 or BBC...what's going in for the rearend, I know you said a mopar one, but what are the specifics?

26. Bullrack

Bullrack
    from Louisiana

Did you say you were going to run the rear blower via shaft from front blower? What happens when front engine drops a few cylinders? It seems that the rear engine would therefore have little boost. Seems like rear engine should have its own blower drive so it could survive a run if front engine dropped cylinders. Or did I read your mind wrong? A shaft from blower to blower won't work anyway, because if either engine dropped, the difference in torque between the two engines would snap said shaft from misalignment. Just a few thoughts to ponder. Disregard if I misunderstood your intentions. Steven

27. WhitePunkOnNitro

WhitePunkOnNitro
    from Middle Tn

If the plate idea doesn't work, I can always go to a chain/sprocket set-up. I just had an idea and decided to try it out. My total investment in the flexplate set-up is zero, which is a great price to pay for speed parts.
    I went with the wedge motors for a couple of reasons...but mostly because I think they can be made to work, and the typical Mopar guy can really relate to it. Ditto for the rear. I'm doing an 8.75 rear for it now, but if I need to, I have a Dana housing I can swap the ends on to. Going 9 inch is not an option on this car...just because.

28. WhitePunkOnNitro

WhitePunkOnNitro
    from Middle Tn

I don't think you're thinking it through...the cranks are tied together. It won't matter what any given cylinder in the line-up is doing as long as the cranks stay tied. The cranks will spin at one to one, and so the blowers will spin at one to one.

29. Damn straight! With the 8 3/4 it will be just like my truck, only an extra 480 cubes, 8 more cylinders and a lot less weight . . .