Register now to get rid of these ads!

1953 buick side trim=merc?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Justin B, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Justin B

Justin B

a friend just got a 50 merc and wants to run buick side trim on it but doesn't know what model trim fits best, hardtop, sedan etc. anyways i told him i'd ask on here for him. also what is the difference in lenght of the trim between buick models. one more thing what should he expect to pay for it, i kinda figure around $500 but i could be way off.

thanks

2. Rikster

Rikster

As far as I know none fit the '49-51 Mercury doors perfectly. The Mercury doors are longer than any type of the '53 Buick's, as is evident in this Hirohata Merc photo.

[​IMG]

I believe somebody on the hamb recently mentiond $600.00 was a reasonable price.

Baron likes this.
  3. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

What you'll pay. alot

I dont belive there is any difference in the trim between models except 4 dr and 2 dr. but I could be wrong.

Sell the merc and buy a Buick that way the trim will stay where it belongs.

I'm bitter I want a 53 Buick bad and everytime I find one kinda worth my time one of you Merc assholes already stole the trim.

4. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

I got a couple sets from 2-drs and some 4-dr trim as well if you want to stop by and take a look at how it fits on my Merc. Trim in good shape sells for $100 a piece...however, as with anything there are deals to be gotten if you are in the right place at the right time....

5. Justin B

Justin B

thanks for the responses, charlie he might have to check that trim out sometime. after seeing the car he's a long ways from being ready for trim but figures it doesn't hurt to know what will work incase he finds a good deal on some.

6. I like it, I got a set of 4-door Buick comming for my Fordor. :)

7. geemann51

geemann51

I was long way from needing a grille too when I found my 53 Chevy grille and surround for 75.00 w/ extra teeth!!! Never to early ro start looking in my opinion.....

I might know a guy here in town who has some for sale. Last time I talked to him (a year ago) he wasn't going to use it and was talking about selling. Let me know if you want me to give him a call......

8. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

If you look closely at Mercs with '53 Buick sweep spears, each one is a little different. The stainless must be cut and bent to shape, in two or more directions. I've seen them mated to both two-door and four-door models.

I have a set of four-door trim I've been schlepping around for twenty years.
    I probably won't use it myself, as I think it's overdone these days.

9. 133

i have a complete set of '53 Buick trim that i want to get rid of. i don't have the little spears that go on the bottom.

10. lstnftz

lstnftz
    from New Mexico

Is that 100 per chrome or per set? Do you have pics?
    Thanks

11. Rand Man

Rand Man

I think this discussion is worth bringing up. How do you identify pieces from a four door versus a two door? It’s probably obvious. Just don’t want to get them mixed. Also, what prices are we looking at nowadays? 80C4BC4C-D2C4-489B-90F7-37C73C6F2EAD.jpeg