Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 48 Fleetline custom of a faster sort!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PRO 48 fleetline, May 23, 2009.

1. Chad s

Chad s

4x4?

Out of proportion mods? Your the first to make such a claim.

My car is slow, its a custom, its not meant to be fast. No insult there.

Nova? No, dont care about it. I like old customs.

Shiny show cars are great, in fact those are what I like. I dont like flat or "suede" paint, I like the finished, shiny cars of the 50's custom era. My car will be shiny.

Fonzie? Dont think so. Im no walk-a-billy, just an average guy into history and cars.

You dont seem to get it. You can throw insults at me and my car all you want. Your claims about being a bondo wagon are absurd, but then again, Im no bondo hater (except when its used improperly), my car is extremely straight, and no car that is perfectly straight get that way without a skim coat. By insulting the style of my car (which fits the early custom style pretty well, if I say so myself), shows just how out of charachter you are for this group. I dont think you can dig yourself out of this one by throwing insults at me, it just makes you look worse (not to mention, your english is kind of hard to follow). Your car does not on the board, if you want a group thats going to welcome your nova and pro street car, this is not the place.

2. chevyshack

chevyshack

Chad s. Why do all the traditional guys go on bashing on those of us that you guys think are non traditional? Cant you guys skip this thread and let the rest of us enjoy this one? Its like a t.v. Change the channel.

3. e z i

e z i

Because this t.v. only has one channel, and we should stick to it.
    "Spreading the gospel of TRADITIONAL HOT ROD and CUSTOMS to hoodlums world wide..."

4. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

r u guys serious???? your fighting about who's car is better... ON THE INTERNET. quit bickering and go work on your cars... yeah the car may not fit the rules of the board to a T but... its still an old car sooooooo is complaining about this car really really worth you time????

5. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

thats slick........I havent seen a cherried block in a while.....& i think i will steal the column drop idea..........:).........................and I doubt ANY of you internet geeks are REAL HOODLUMS either.......................

6. At this point in the thread I can only assume that you must get off on stirring shit to post that.

7. Memph

Memph
    from Washington

Now that Nova is way O/T lol

8. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

If you bend, tig, and polish your own aluminum pieces is that considered o/t.? btw, that was real bad looking penetration on that weld, you sort of should fix that. Your car is not pro street, unless you plan on putting a schnorkel scoop on it you should stop calling it pro street, the only reason there ever was a pro street " category" is because sportsmans were invented and we could take our drag cars out street racing without getting a ticket for drag slicks.
    I ran my 70 Mustang with a 302 matic and 4500 stall c4 and a gm 12 bolt spool with 4.88s the car weighed 2200 lbs, the floors were aluminum, had a NHRA certified frame, trans blanket, drag chute, 31 x 15 thompsons on lines and a 250 shot, a six gallon cell, one seat of plastic, lexan widows, glass doors, hood valance, bumpers, fenders, dash. On Friday and Saturday it was a drag car on Wednesday it was a pro street car.
    Truth be told it sucked running a drag car on the street, it was like sitting in a speaker box, it leaked and it always smelled like it was on fire, it was so f'ing loud in there. It was fun but it sucked, your car is not a pro street car and if you want a pro street car I will tell you it will be fun but it will suck, if you're over 30 years old the suck starts to out weigh the fun real fast. So guys this is not pro street. A custom with more billet than you like maybe.

9. Skirv

Skirv

So you had to drag up this dead thread about an OT car just to continue the drama? Wasn't it enough that the last thread about this car was deleted? Let it go man, let it go.