Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fatman Builders guide?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustypipes, Apr 22, 2009.

1. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

Does Fatman offer builders guides for 49-54 chevy? Somthing that gives reference holes for axle centerline, measurements for my particular car etc..?

the paper they sent keeps telling me to refer to builders guide for my particular make an model.

Thanks

2. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

the paper they sent keeps telling me to refer to builders guide for my particular make an model.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

LAME!! You should sent Alex a PM, i think he's done quite a few FatMan installs.

Ian

3. chopper99

chopper99
    Member Emeritus

Why not contact Fatman directly?

4. DB53CHEVY

DB53CHEVY
    from Mesa, AZ

If you go to the Heidts web site they have A

5. DB53CHEVY

DB53CHEVY
    from Mesa, AZ

Don't know what happen there but anyways they have instructions that show the center line being 16" from the holes at the front of the frame. there's diagrams that show it
    so it makes it very easy.

6. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

Fatman told me to go off of my original spindle centerline, sux because alot of the front end is apart

7. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

ok Sorry last time I ask about this. but Fatman builders guide says to use the center of the rear v bracket bolt hole as your centerline and some 53 54's look better an inch behind this hole. Using my stock suspension spindle center line it is roughly about 1/4" behind center of this bolt hole.

I dont know whether play it safe and go on the Bolt hole like the guide says or a 1/4" back. Not sure if that 1/4" is enough to worry about or not, looking at pics of my car the wheels looked pretty centered to me

any help be great so I can get this sucker in

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. gnarleynick

gnarleynick
    from ____

rustypipes- When I did mine I wasn't sure either, I called alex and he told me on his he ran the stock centerline, so thats what I did too. Judging from the pics your stock centerline looks perfect in my opinion, I would run it just like that.
    Nick

9. cretin

cretin

I agree, I would go with the stock centerline. Your wheel looks perfect in the wheel well now, I would want to keep it that way.

I'm in the market for a mustang II right now also. Why did you end up going with the fatman kit?

10. gnarleynick

gnarleynick
    from ____

I got it because of the ultra low crossmember, it's tucked up higher than any other ones out there, also the stainless control arms were a plus. You get an alliance member discount also. I ordered mine from gambino kustoms.

11. shr1966

shr1966
    from california

I just installed one on a 54 sedan delivery and I measured 16" back from the center of the forward most hole on the frame. This measurement put me at exactly the same center line as the stock spindles.

Now for my question.........I am installing a small block ad need to know if anyone knows exactly where to position the new motor mounts? I dont want to put them too far forward or aft. I just need a good idea of where to start without working under a dangling engine. Thanks

12. cretin

cretin

I was looking at Fatman, and also the No Limit one

I should be able to take some measurements tomorrow, if you haven't already gotten an answer by then.

Sorry rustypipes. Don't mean to hijack your thread. Like I said, I think stock centerline is the way to go.