Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 48 Fleetline custom of a faster sort!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PRO 48 fleetline, May 23, 2009.

1. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

Thanks i have my new rocker panels roughed in now! WOW what a crap load of work they were "Damn". Still need cleaned up but the rough cut is blocked in just needs finshed.
    I decided to cut out the orginals and build new and wrap them under to the body lip witch in turn extened them about 5"s under the car for a smoother transition alot of work but i think will be worth it!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

that car is really cool, but i would lose those weld wheels, and use a torq thrust or something a little less "pro street" just my opinion. very nice though!!!

3. This car is so fucking O/T you should be flamed to hell.

BTW since it's here, nice fab work but you're not really mounting the alternator off the frame are you?

4. Chad s

Chad s

I agree!

And are those rocker extensions being "bondo'd" in place?

5. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Well engineered and appealing to the eye...Very sweet...

6. chevyshack

chevyshack

Here comes the critic police to say its not traditional enough.

7. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

LOL Love the input but they must be overwelmed by all the photos because i mentioned the wheels are on for mock up only and it will be running a traditional style salt flat wheel and the alternator will stay there BECAUSE it has solid motor mounts and as for the rockers are all sheet metal as you see them is after my first good block coat of filler, I'll post some more of them as there a lil further along trying to get the front clip aligned up and all the gaps fit so i can break the car apart to start on the frame smoothing it! Thanks for all the input :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  8. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

The car in bitchin and those wheels are gonna look sick on that beast.

9. 4rod

4rod

your project is exactley that...YOUR PROJECT...keep up the good work

10. Yes I noted the solid engine mounting.

BTW guys, as nice as this car and its owner may be, it is totally O/T for this board.

I don't give a shit what the 'do what you like, it's you car' brigade says. Yes, of course he can do what he likes, but this is a traditional hot rod and custom site. Is that so hard to understand????

Other O/T stuff isn't allowed, why should this? Special privilage?

11. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

I understand and appreciate all the traditional cars just thought id share some progress pics. By the way what the hell is O/T?

12. love all the 40's fat fendered. lookin real good.

13. Nice car. A cruiser or will it make passes?

14. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

Thanks guys good ? I plan on doing some racing with it aswell running some super chevy events and some events at Norwalk aswell.
    Like to run mid to high 11's is what the car will be set up for should make a fun lil street car. Waiting on my heads now to button up the top end of the motor and hopefully will be out of metal mock up soon.

15. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Off Topic

Nice fab work. But have you ever driven a Pro-Street car in the rain. Suckage.... That is one in a just a long list of reasons I was never into them.

16. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

Good point and yes ive been around them for some time now. And this car will not be set up to travel on long trips lol but all the other things that come with it are what make a pro street all that much more fun but the one important thing is pure attitude.
    I do have a few other hot rods i drive and show that i enjoy and they are way fun on road trips but something about a custom hot rod ive always wanted to finally build.
    I have a 56 chevy and a 72 nova now and have a 31 ford coupe 60's style hot rod in the works.

17. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Tell the naysayers to go pound sand. If we can put up with some of the crap that's posted on this board we certainly can justify a well built early Chevy that just happends to have really wide rear tires. Just the quality of the build makes it appropriate IMO.

Frank

18. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

Thanks and yes i cant imagine the ride and fear of riding in a rat rod! one thing nice is most hot rods here are quality builds and thats what nice aswell is the different styles and likes everyone uniqely comes up with.
    Love to post some pics of my other cars tons of subtle mods but not what you would call traditional builds lol

19. Chad s

Chad s

Hmmm, for all of those speaking of the wonderful fabrication work, lets zoom in a bit on some of the welds. So where is the wonderful fab work? Some people should not be allowed to touch a MIG welder. I see a lot of heavily/sloppily ground steel (there has to be really thin spots), wavy bodywork, etc. Yet that set of double arm hinges look great, who made them?
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

20. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  21. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

22. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

23. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

like your car, love your schnauzer!

24. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

WOW i guess some of the others aswell as myself seen it comming like writing on the wall. LOL
    No bashing here just sharing a classic car and enjoy all builds with that said i sure dont smack on others rides, like most seem to see fitting to do here.
    Big tires or not I just appreciate shiny cars where some may not. Been real. Real surprising for sure.

25. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

It's kind of like posting pics of a Camaro on a Mustang forum. I guess you want it to be all hugs and kisses. And don't blame it on shiny. There are lots of shiny cars here. Yours isn't even shiny yet. Sorry if it wasn't the welcome you expected.

26. Chad s

Chad s

27. Chad s

Chad s

Its not really his welcome. He has posted pics of his car many times over the years. Most of the time, the posts are the same pics again, again, and again. Its just not til now that he posts pics that show scary welds that are ground down making them even more scary.

28. wkendcardude

wkendcardude

and now a word from the message board sponser MYDOL

29. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

"If you would like to compare pics of the welds on our cars, Im up for the challenge." CHAD

Thats not fair to compare my car to your 4x4 not to mention all those out of proportion body mods if thats what you call them and as for straight if thats what you call that bondo wagon wow and most of my peices including the rad support that are mock up peices for a trial for more permanent peices. as is a few other peices that were built and not used, not that, that matters when a persons affended by a nicer ride than theres has shown up with something different than skirts on it. But yours looks so slow it couldnt get out of its own way. but rock on with your stance of a mud bogger ride be glad to show you a few pics of my nova that is finsished and is what has been taking up a god bit of the build time over the 48 so if you wish to compare photos nooooo problem. oh wait a high end shiny show car isnt a welcome peice here, too bad you may learn something about what a show car looks like, Rock on Fonzy

30. chevyshack

chevyshack

Pro street went out in the 90"s? Sure is alot of guys still building them. Kinda like all the guys here still building cars like they where in the 40's. You know, before they had aluminum wheels but if they did i bet they would of put them on instead of spray painting the steel wheels. This started out as such a good thread till the scheissekopf's showed up. (its german. look it up)