Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Ed's Auto Parts, Rick's Radiator & The Early Ford Store

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rice n Beans Garage, May 28, 2009.

1. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

:D Thank God for Ed's Auto Parts, Rick's Radiator & The Early Ford Store ...................

O.K. came back from Santa Maria on Sunday and spent my Monday off working on my A sedan (getting ready for Father's Day) On the to do list was the brakes and radiator, so after the tear down this was my parts list,

63 Econoline master cylinders (2) one for the brakes and the other for the clutch
    69 Mustang front pads & seals
    front brake hoses ??? (match up at parts house)
    11"x 2" shoes for the 57 9" inch rear
    wheel cylinders
    combi-kit
    rear brake hose ?? (another match up)
    low pressure brake light switch
    machining of the rotors and drums

When I called Jr. at Ed's Auto Parts on Covina "he said have it all by 3:00pm"

Can you believe that !!!! Awesome Service and Knowleadge !!!

Took the radiator to Rick's on Arrow Hwy "pick it up tomorrow $65.00 for a rod out and repair !!!!!! Excellent !!!!

Early Ford Store, leave it to Bill, Mike & Craig to get the hard to find stuff !!!

I live in Hawthorne but work in San Dimas and can't beat the Service !!

Thanks guys for making it easy and enjoyable !!!!!

2. kopis

kopis

Yep, Im picking up my radiator from ricks tomorrow for the Sport Coupe im building. Good guys.

3. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Early Ford Store Rocks!!!!!!!!

They have allways had what I was looking for. And it's the coolest place to go and take it all in. Great old building full of bitchin old parts. A must place to go.

4. F1James

F1James

Must be nice. I just had two radiators to a repair shop here in Roanoke.cleaned them and was told unrepairable.50.00 for cleaning wanted 450.00 to recore one. Bought new one for 365.00 from LMC shipping inclued.

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The Early Ford Store...Springfield OH? or someone using the same name in CA?

6. Rich R

Rich R
    from SoCal

Ed's auto parts is the best, I've been getting parts from them for years, they always come thru on getting stuff other parts houses cant or just dont try to get, Ed's auto parts WILL get it for you. Bottom line is they know their stuff and are willing to take the time and help you, even if it's something that will be used in a custom application, you tell them what you need and they do their best to find it. I am always satisfied with their effort to help me get what I need.
    It's great having The early Ford Store, Ed's auto parts, and Rick's Radiator here in the area, cause we all know how frustrating it is to deal with clueless people at other parts houses and shops.

7. Canuck

Canuck

Vouch for Rick's as well. Helped me get a rad built for my Buick powered A for a good price. Great guy to deal with.

Met him in California and placed order from Canada.

Canuck

8. 40Chevy

40Chevy
    from california

Chris at Ed's AutoParts is the man! I love that store. They always come through.

9. R&C Lee

R&C Lee
    from SoCal

I've dealt with Ed's for years as well and have always found them to be very helpful. It's important to support these smaller parts store while we still have them. The little extra we might pay is more than made up for by dealing with someone who knows what they're talking about.