Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motor Miss

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hollywood 423, May 21, 2009.

1. hollywood 423

hollywood 423
    from west ohio

My banger has a miss at a constent speed. Not just on 1 cyc. but on all of them. When accelerating or pulling a hill,it smooths out and runs real good. Have a centrifugal advance Mallory on it and one 97 with a 45 jet. At crusing speed it burbles and pops,but mash the footfeed and it runs to beat hell. I've tryed all I can think of so
    I thought i'd see what you guys think..

2. jetmek

jetmek

sounds too rich...ck the float level, fuel press etc. also those downdraft manifolds dont have a hot spot from ex manifold so they run crappy till they heat up

3. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

my nailhead ran like that , it was to lean.... what do the plugs look like?

4. madmax

madmax
    from Calif.

Check your total advance at rpm.

The Mallory units out of the box will have about 50' toatl and a 4 banger will only accept about 26 to 28.

Even the Bonneville engines with a mag we set at about 28 total.

This will require resetting the total advance stop under the point plate. Take a look and it will be self expalnitory.

The 45 jets should be fine.

When overadvanced you will have a constant miss at cruise but under load it will be ok but in fact it is detonating.

Any questions, give me a call at the shop in the AM 1-818-248-2347

Max Sr. @ handhantique.com