Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nostalgia race @ KCIR

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by Ron Golden, May 13, 2009.

1. Ron Golden

Ron Golden

There's a Muscle Car Reunion nostalgia race here the weekend of June 7th, 2009 and I was wondering who could make the race. Last fall 3 of us (Roy Merritt, Bob Hindman and our car) made the race at KCIR and had a blast. We ran exhibition several times and even had a flag starter for our part of the event. The number and quality of the cars there was very impressive and they put on an excellent show all weekend.

If we can get a few cars I'll talk to the track people and see if we can get free entry like we did last fall.

Email me at [email protected] if interested. That works better than the HAMB email.

Ron

2. Hemibaker

Hemibaker

Ron, I will try to come. Look forward going head to head with you. (LOL)
    I know I dont stand a chance.

3. Ron Golden

Ron Golden

Hemi,

Roy Merritt and Bob Hindman can't make it ...Roy have a church commitment and Bob had surgery this week, and his car is apart. Lets see if there are any others interested before I contact the drag strip guys about us getting in free.

I don't think you have to worry about beating us...we've been having a lot of minor, new car problems and aren't too consistant.

Ron

4. troy5118

troy5118
    from Haven Ks

Is the June 7th race different from the September 11,12 and 13th event that's on the flyer?

5. Ron Golden

Ron Golden

Troy,

I'm pretty sure the June 7th race is different than the one coming this fall. My understanding their different organizations. It sounds like the June 7th will be a bust for the HA/GR cars. I'm sure we'll be there but just to run when they let us. I wish we could have entered at least 4 cars. Maybe we can field more cars for the September event.

Ron

6. bob hindman

bob hindman

Ron the hornet will be there in sept!!!!!!!!!$$$$$$$.........

Hiney....

7. Ron Golden

Ron Golden

Hiney,

Looking forward to seeing you in Sept. I'm sure Roy will make it then also. Then we'll need at least 1 more car for a 4 car field. I'm sure they will let us in free like they did last fall.

By the way I'll bring the ham and eggs if you'll cook them one morning.

Ron

8. 348chevy

348chevy

Ron do you know the dates in Sept. so I can put them on my calendar. That way nothing will stand in the way of Pat and I being there. Last year was really a lot of fun. :) Roy

9. Ron Golden

Ron Golden

Roy,

Sept 11,12 & 13 (Fri, Sat, Sun).

I'm trying to con Hiney into cooking breakfast at the strip one morning.

Ron

10. 348chevy

348chevy

I'll talk my wife into making some of her melt in your mouth biscuits and some raspberry jam. They won't be hot out of the oven but they will be good. The rest of you Oklahoma people bring your cars also. With Hiney cooking that should be enough to get you on the hiway.:D Roy

11. Ron Golden

Ron Golden

Roy,

Homemade biscuits and jam; I haven't had that since my mom made them years ago. (don't tell my wife I said that).

Ron