Register now to get rid of these ads!

Coil ID Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A-Wall, May 17, 2009.

1. A-Wall

A-Wall

Picked these 2 coils up today for $15 at a swap meet. Thought they looked cool. they are old Delco Remy finned coils. Only info i could find on a google search leads me too, guess where? here! anybody have an idea what year each coil was made? seems like in the threads i found, the people replied might have known.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thanks

2. A-Wall

A-Wall

6 volt model number is 1115226
    12 volt model number is 1115256

3. squirrel

squirrel

show up on google as used in military generators. Date codes are from some year that ends in 9 and 0, decade isn't specified....someone had 50 of them for sale a while back, nos

4. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

40s 50s heavy duty apps. My old Seagrave V-12 had 4 of them. Got one now on my T.

5. A-Wall

A-Wall

google really? google brought me to a pair of hamb threads, wierd.

interesting stuff. thanks for that info.

6. A-Wall

A-Wall

oh wow, thats cool. great info!

7. bigkev56

bigkev56

These coils are oil filled for cooling, super hd.

8. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

-----------------------------
    Speaking from experience ( I played with these things extensively back in the '70's and used them on several engine builds) they're great coils and can throw one hell of a strong spark! I'm not sure about the precise OEM application for the particular numbers you listed ( A Delco dealer who has some old parts books could probably trace the original OEM application for you) but they were used from WWII into the early '60's on a a lot of military, marine and heavy-duty truck applications. White and Reo to name two used them on big 500-plus cubic inch 6 cylinder truck engines into the 60's. Mack used them on their big gas engines and Chrysler used 5 of them on their WWII A5 Multibank 30 cylinder tank engine!

mart
    ===============================================

9. A-Wall

A-Wall

great info! so any idea of type of wire end it needs? it has a thread in knob and i can't think of what type of wire end it would use? any help would be greatly appreciated!