Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. Scott76

Scott76

Hello all. I love jalopies. I am currently building a 67 Volksrod. I'm think about starting another project after the volksrod. I have a 1929 Chevy firetruck that my in-law has the title to. Its a 1.5 ton, so I'm up in the air what to do with it. I have come looking for some ideas.

I'm 30 and live in Mechanicsburg, PA (central PA area).

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  2. Welcome from S.E. Pa. You will definitly get great ideas here, but they will beat on ya about using the term "rat rods".

3. Scott76

Scott76

OK I won't use that term then. Sorry guys. I'm just going to lurk around for awhile to see whats up and all. If any one have an ideas for the 29 open cab chevy firetruck let me know. I'm just trying to get some ideas about an engine for it. Someone said about bolting two 350's crank-to-crank! That or a 400.

Right now I'm focusing on my Volksrod. My wife would kick my ass for even thinking about building this truck right now!

What area of Philly you live in? I lived downtown for 2.5 years at 8th & Walnut..

4. Post some pics of both. They sound like cool projects.
    The end to end V8's is an insane idea.....I like!

I'm actually about 2 miles out of N.E. Philly in Lower Bucks Co.

Are you going to the Hellbound hayride in Allentown, Pa. this Sat.?

5. Scott76

Scott76

I have to go to a car show down in Adams County. PLUS its FALL CARLISLE SWAP MEET!!!!!!!! Lots of parts for your toys there........

We take my wife's 1967 Dodge Coronet 500 (survivor) 27,000 orig. miles.

I don't even have the 29 yet. I really haven't even seen it yet. Its sitting in a quarry since my in-laws moved. Its in a safe place right now. My 67 Bug in a total rebuild right now. I had to put all new floors, heater channels, bulk wall, ect... basicly I had to weld in 4"-6" all around the body. Heres a link to volksrods.com. I don't know if you guys like to cross over or not.
    http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17096
    It shows the build and my vision of it. Plus theres a pic of my wife's car there.

6. Thank's for the link and the pic's Scott. There is alot of us that cross over into other interests. I myself, dig anything with wheels man!
    The bug looks great and I think your going for a bad ass look. lol
    Frank

7. matthew_caine

matthew_caine
    from texas

volksrod eh?
    welcome from texas!

8. Scott76

Scott76

Its been awhile since I posted any updates. I been driving Da Bastard for a 1.5 years now. Its truly my daily driver. We took it down to Wildwood Fall '08 and had a blast.

We have been looking for some time now for an old Scotty camper. We like camping. I fell into a Fleetwing. Its a VERY close copy of the Scotty's. Its about 8 in. bigger all around. I'm doing a TOTAL rebuild from frame up! Its coming along pretty good for the little of hours we put into it. Its 3 hrs away from me. Here's a link to the build thread:
    http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26104

I started the reseach again on the '29 chevy. I did find some info out on it. I 'm hoping to have it at the house with in a moths time.

9. Scott76

Scott76

Well its been sometime since I updated here. I just lurk around here all the time.

Well I got a HAMB friendly driving project finally. I picked up a '52 chevy more door. I have been looking for a 4 door for sometime. It needs some work but its running and driving now. I have been driving it like its my job. Between the '52 and the VR are my daily driver. There are some things that I'm changing on the '52 like updating the engine a little to 12v and lowering it a little too. More will happen in do time. I just updated all the brake parts to new and rebuilt the master cylinder. The fuel tank to fuel lines are new too.

Here are some pics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

Welcome to the H.A.M.B ..... from Cumming, Georgia!

11. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

Welcome from Des Moines,Iowa!
    Im also VW powered in my mini.

12. big bad john

big bad john

Welcome from Wisconsin.....Big Bad John