Register now to get rid of these ads!

EZ Wiring Harness... Anyone used them?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DrivenDead, May 17, 2009.

1. DrivenDead

DrivenDead

I'm thinking of picking up a EZ-<wbr>21 EZ Wiring Harness. They cost $185 brand new in the box. Has anyone used these? Thoughts? Anyothers I should look at?

2. Look at Rebel wiring
    American made and great price and quality

3. I have used two EZ-Wire kits and they were both great to install. I will probably use them again on the next project.

4. oldchevyseller

oldchevyseller
    from mankato mn

5. Ruiner

Ruiner

Rebel Wire...hands down...do a search on them and find their ad in the for sale section, glenn is a great guy to deal with and their kits are great for the price...

6. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

once again, add me to the list of "i heart rebel wire" Glenn is a great guy, selling American made stuff and he'll stand behind it.

7. Dan1955

Dan1955

Without a doubt, Rebel Wire.

8. Mullda

Mullda

I've used four of them and have no complaints. They are well made and install easily.

9. I have used quite a few of them no problems, for the price they can't be beat.

10. Just used an EZ Wiring harness on dad's sedan. If I had it to do over again, I would NOT use it again, as I don't like prewired harnesses like that. Could be my attention deficit issues, but I prefer to wire one circuit at a time, back to a board that I make my own connections to.

I used an Enos Black Box on my '40, and I found that their diagrams were much more user friendly than that of the EZ harness.

11. I'm planning on doing a re-wire on a 40 DeLuxe sedan with a 1948 Ford Flatty. Want to re-do it all with a 12V system. Does the Rebel kit, or any other work with the stock setup? Thanks

12. j32

j32

I've always had great results with american autowire systems,excellent instructions

13. I posted the same question a couple of years ago.

Consensus was some of them need to be soldered in the terminal box, they can come loose there, other than that, no issues. I don't know if I'll end up using mine or not, now that I'm contemplating a TBI swap into the car, I'll need to use most of the wiring out of the donor truck anyways - may as well take the rest apart and adapt as needed -

14. Brown Devil

Brown Devil
    from Mission Tx

I have installed them on my cars and customers cars no problems. This is the only brand that I use.

15. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

I just got the 21 circuit kit also from EZ wire also. Well made and good price, but, I ended up using Ron Francis. I to like the one wire at a time kit. Electrical wiring is not my best talent. Good luck in what ever route you go.

16. Weasel

Weasel

+1 for American Autowire - wouldn't use anything else. Not the cheapest but, see my signature for explanation...

17. junkyardroad

junkyardroad
    from Colorado

I used one on my 54 F250. It was fine. Just as good as any other, Francis, Painless(ful), homebuilt, etc. But it was less expensive, I'd use one again.

18. I used EZwire on my 56 Chevy.While I think their harness is good,their instructions suck big time.They are not complete and do not show the "from" and "to" with each wire.I had rather do one wire at a time also.Being an old Air Force electronics guy made me want to get a real schematic diagram, not the kindergarten instruction sheet EZwire gives you.I would not use them again.

19. I used an EZ kit when I rewired my Deuce. Found it fairly easy, and Id bnever rewired a car before.

Been on the road for 3 yrs....no issues.

Id use one again !

Rat

20. stevilknievel

stevilknievel

I've used them. No problems.

21. Ghost28

Ghost28

Used the ez kit on 1/2 dozen or more cars with no problems. And the company is still around, must be doing something right. I think there product line has good quality and price. Plus like the others they will provide headlight and ignition switches for a more complete package if you like ...ghost

22. rusty48

rusty48

I used one on my 48,no problems,the only thing at all negitive I could say is instructions could be better but if you study it a little it all comes together.

23. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

One more vote for American AutoWire. The owner was an OEM electrical engineer for GM. Great product and after sale support.

Frank

24. 39studebaker

39studebaker

has anyone had issues with REBEL WIRE and FIRE???? just curious because I too am in the market looking for a harness.....

Thanks ahead of time!

25. Lee_ATx

Lee_ATx
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rebel Wire is a damn nice piece.

26. BadLuck

BadLuck

Ive been running Rebel Wire on my 52 for over a year now...easy install, no problems, great price, Alliance discount, and Glen is a hell of a guy...

27. phukinartie

phukinartie

2 ez wire kits so far and no problems for me

28. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

I used the ez kit and had one wire not work. Next time it will be a Rebel kit or make it myself.

29. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I've used EZ kits on a handful of cars and have had no issues. Used a Kwik Wire kit on a vehicle at work, and it's also a great kit. Been planning to try a Rebel harness on one of the next ones. I've installed Ron Francis, Painless, and Hot Rod Wiring, but I prefer the more affordable kits like the EZ and Kwik Wire

30. lewislynn

lewislynn

I just finished wiring my F100.

I bought a fuse panel out of a Dodge truck at the wrecking yard. On my way home I stopped at the hardware store and bought a shit load of connectors and 200 ft of #16 (white) wire...it only cost me $250.00 for all that.

Seriously, I thought I could save some money by buying only what I needed. After too many trips to the parts store and the hardware store I spent more than what a setup from Rebel Wire would have cost.

I didn't really set out to rewire my truck but it all seemed to have started after pulling a leaking radiator and finding worn out, rotting cross over wires to the head lights...I was only going to go as far as the switch...Right.

I did use a panel out of a Dodge truck and the wires aren't really all white, nor are they all #16.