Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pontiac sequential tail-lights?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5window, May 16, 2009.

1. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

You guys in PA build Hot Rods with TransAm Taillights and think we Californians are Ignorant ??

And how did Politics get into this answer ? I bet you voted for OBAMA BIN LADEN, (Yes i meant to spell it like that) hope it works out, For ALL our sakes.

If you need CHANGE, Change them Hidous lights ! Maybe its just that Guys from California have the BALLS to tell you that them things are Nasty !

Those ARE NOT Hot Rod Tailights, Those have to be the WORST taillights i have ever seen on an Old Ford.

Doesent it say somewhere here the HAMb is the gosple of TRADITIONAL HOT RODDING ?

I hate Billit as much as the next guy, But Billit is better than Waffle Pattern oversize Trans Am Taillights ANYDAY !

Sorry Man .. But JEEEZUS ... Stand back & take a second look.

2. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

I fully agree!!

Norton

3. 5window

5window

4. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

what are the latest models those came in and where is the box hidden? the electronic box, also is it more then one box or one box per side, I have a non hamb friendly car with the long multi bulb taillights like that

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I really hate it when anyone on here badmouths anything on someone elses car except something that obviously isn't safe but while those lights may add to the cars safety they are even worse looking than if one stuck 65 Mustang lights on the back of that car.
    They do have that mid 70's look to them though.
    This may be one of those times it is prudent to take three deep breaths, step back 20/25 ft from the car and take a serious look at how everyone else views the car.

From here the car screams that it wants a pair of round 52 Pontiac lights or maybe 52 Buicks laid horizontal on the rear pan.
    But the good thing is that no cell phone jabbering minivan driving soccer mom should be able to say she didn't see the brake lights on that one. Do what you want to do, the other guys at the Pa rod trots need a good laugh once in a while.

6. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

7. As a Model A guy I'm with De Soto and 27 Kid. If you need to use politics to make yourself feel like those tail ligts look good or fit a "Hot Rod" you need to do some research on what hot rods look like. With those tail lights I'd expect the rest of the car to be full of billet and digital dash instruments and metal flake paint. California my have it's problems but we also have damn nice traditional cars.

8. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

I got a kit adapted for late model mustangs off the web. You can find after market kits, they are not that hard to figure out either. Google em!

9. death trap man

death trap man
    from Atco NJ

I think it funny that people bash this kind of stuff and say it's not triditional. That stuff was pretty popular in the late 80's threw the 90's and I'm sure it is still being done today (makeing it triditional?). Hot roders have always taken parts from newwer cars and more expencive car with atemps to make there car look newwer and more expensive. Just in the 50's these parts weren't avalible yet. So just like every family has an uncle that they want to dis-own and are imbarrist of, they are parts of our genealogy/culture that are no diffrent and it could be argued that those lights are "triditional" it's just not a 50 year old tridition. If he digs the lights cool. We don't have to be seen in it. Good luck with your car man. I'm glad your keeping it on the road and in that helping inspire people to drive american cars!

10. death trap man

death trap man
    from Atco NJ

I'm born in Livermore and rised in Martinez california, and love it there, but threw fait ended up on the east coast. I understand everyones point but lets be honest Cailfornia IS the Hollyland of hot rodding but at the same time Pimp my ride was filmed there, rite?! And as sad as it is 50 years from now people will be calling hondas with lambo doors and 3 teared rear spoilers triditional. I just don't want it origins to be lost under it all.

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  11. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I hope not,i could see some old carburated imports being traditional in some circles 50 years from now,but the dam three tiered wings and lambo doors will fade out. I like old japanese steel and none of the other guys i know who do like the dam fast and furious crap eithier.It will die. The lambo doors were cool when they were new and only a couple of people had them, not kits eithier,but now every 19 year old kid on the street with a civic has them. Thats why i make my own stuff,i won't see it on 399885768994 other cars on the road. If you like the lights run them, i don't like the style eithier, but it's your car,your choice. maby some better looking lights with the three bulbs? the sequential is pretty cool though

12. death trap man

death trap man
    from Atco NJ

Not to hore up this thread but as sad as it is it's going to happen. A big part of the cycle of our community is that when you get older and you become more able to get your hands on the cars you wish you had when you were younger or a car you did have that you bonded with, those will be the cars that they will surch out. If you took a poll of high school kids and asked them if they could have any car they wanted what would it be. The number of kids picking hondas and toyotas would be overwhelming compared to the number of kids picking traditional style rods and customs. And those are the cars they will hunt down when there older and spend 100x what it cost new to restore. Even now you could say it's more popular to have a true 50's style hotrod then it was 10-15 years ago (I know-I know were all hard core- bad asses bla-bla). 10-15 years ago there were a staggering number of tubed cars with pastel colors like peaches and blue with a pink wavy stripe between the two colors and 15 boyds were the sh!t. And ballmilling was the equilivent to pinstripeing on cars today. As F'ed up as it is some day people will probably be tracking down these parts that are thrown away today cause they were considered worthless (sound familiar?), like grant steering wheels and billet surp belt set-ups. That's why I think we all should make it our duty to drive these cars and inspire kids. Cause there the future of hotrodding not us and I would hate to see some of these cars become a side note in the history books or even just a mere paragraph in the beginning of the story.

13. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

Oh i like the traditional cars too believe me,I don't think they will ever die out, they are too cool:) i just like a variety of different cars

14. 5window

5window

The car was originally built in the late 80's, so I'd think it's traditional for that time line. There is No billet in the car. A lot of stuff I made or fabricated myself, though I didn't build or chop the car originally. It is a hot rod, made with found and fitted, not boughten stuff. The gauges are Faria's. The seats are Fiero's that I rebuilt and recovered myself. The grillshell's a '32,the power's a 350/350 combo with a 9" rear.

Please note that 50's Pontiac taillights are not traditional if you're going with a car "traditionally" built in the 40's. Nor is a Chevy V-8.

Thanks again for the help in identifying the lights.

15. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

It's Tradtional to SHIT your Pants when you were Young also, But some TRADITIONs should Die out.

Like '80's style GOOK WAGONS ... & Shiting Your Pants.

To Some of us ... They arent much different :rolleyes:

You can tell yourself All Day Long that those are Traditional .. But they arent.

And it was said before, Its Yours & if you like it ... Run It.

But PLEASE remove the pic from this thread, Cus now i can see it from My House !

16. death trap man

death trap man
    from Atco NJ

It's funny you say that thow cause eventually everything comes back around. We all start out sh!ting our pants and eventualy if we live long enough we will again and some never stop :p and 50 years from now he they might be called hard core cause they never stoped.

17. The Wizard!

The Wizard!

18. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

i know the poster did not ask for opinions.....but come on...those lights are as bad as it gets....cali,east coast,down south,down under..it dont matter where..they do not belong any where on any car on the HAMB !!!!

19. Hey, it's your car, it's in PA, if you like it and don't think that the guys who see it when you drive it will think those tail lights don't belong on a car built in 1930, no mater when it was re-built, drive it and enjoy. I hope your not thin skinned if somebody makes a comment when you take it out, when you post a picture or drive your car out of your garage, people are going to comment. Get ready for what they may say, some may like it, some may not but don't throw politics and other stuff which doesn't have anything to do with taste, yours or the people making the comments, to make you look like your better than they are. If you believe your til lights look good, just say that it's what you like and go aboit your business.