Register now to get rid of these ads!

HotRodLadyCruiser broken down in Ohio...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Curly, May 14, 2009.

1. Nothing major she just needs some help with a swaybar. One bolt is MIA and she needs a hand getting the other end off so it doesn't drag. A quick 10 minute fix. She is on I80 between I71 and I77 Somewhere around North Royalton. Anybody in the area??

2. bump for denise

3. why don't you call her and walk her through it?
    It's a pretty simple task,,,

xoxo
    miss hootch

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It shouldn't drag because it is above the lower A frame. Unless there is something on the car that is different than what most GM subframes have on them.

If it has to be taken loose on the other end it should take either two 1/2 inch or two 9/16 wrenches to take the link out of the other side.

5. I think we have a winner. Executioner is talking to her now and may be able to help her out. I'm not sure what tools she has with her to walk her through it. I'm pretty sure she said rear swaybar....no A-arms. If I remember the car sits pretty low and a floor jack is going to be needed.

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok, I was hunting down the thread from when she blew the rear end on the way to Daytona and couldn't see a sway bar in those photos.

7. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wrong country to help, but I sure do hope someone gets out there. This will be another great HAMB read!
    Good luck Denise.
    Doc.

8. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Looks like executioner is going to beat me there. Hopefully he can get her back on the road asap to our very late pre-showdown slumber party! Thanks for the help guys...will keep u posted.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. sawzall

sawzall

hopefully everything is A ok by now

but heres a photo anyhow of how the rear sway bar on big olds is installed (note photo is of another 48 olds)

[​IMG]

11. Is she on the road now? That girl drives the wheels off that thing and has enough issues with it due to the crazy miles!

12. just to let everybody know i got her back on the road.
    i jumped in the model a and headed out to the turnpike with some tools and a jack stand.
    turns out her panhard bar(locating link)fell off at the axle end
    half the bushing .the bolt ,and the big washer fell off the car so i just pushed it back on to the bushing and used a 2 inch wide rachet strap to keep it functioning so her rear wheels didnt rub her tires.
    hey megan.
    dont be pissed i wrapped the ratchet strap around everything about 15 times and tied it in four knots.
    i wanted to make sure she got there safely without it coming off.
    i dont need it back.
    just cut it off and throw it away
    i think i paid 2.99 for it at marcs.
    good luck denise and megan.
    and to all the people on this board who continuously stand on my johnson about being a jerk or annoying you can all still suck it.
    kenny

13. Hmmm $2.99 ratchet strap at midnite on the side of the road????

Sounds like ya did alright! After I called you, and saw Sazall's pic I remembered how that rearend works. We have 2 guys in the club with the same setup and if you popout the sway bar on their cars the tires will rub the inner fender wells, not good for tires, fenders and paintjobs!!! I thought I'd give ya a call and tell ya but I was sure you'd figure it out as soon as you saw it. Good call.

Denise and Megan have fun. Looks like the HAMB list still works...we just had to take it up a notch and glad I could finally help someone....even if it was indirectly. It looks like I was about an hour away and still can't get these new titanium hips to allow me to lay on the ground????Sheesh?!!!

14. I like to see her wheels rub her tires! Whatever that means :)

Have fun HRLC - lets see some more burn outs soon.

15. So, Did she make it to Megan's alright?
    I'm wondering what that strap looks like after cycling up and down, rubbing against the panhard and the rearend.
    Denise, howzit?

16. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

hahahhahaha oh man thats awesome....I dont know you nor whats the story behind it but still funny.

17. phat rat

phat rat

An example of why it's a good idea for periodic checks that everything is tight. Going over a car at least once a year prevents a lot of mishaps.

18. Big Dad

Big Dad

Denise sure has a lot of trouble with her rear end :rolleyes:

19. Degreaser

Degreaser

and to all the people on this board who continuously stand on my johnson about being a jerk or annoying you can all still suck it.
    kenny[/QUOTE]

Thats some funny shit right there.

20. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

hee hee...that made me chuckle...

21. bigken

bigken

Man, just the mere though of 'straps, Denise, side of the road, dark,' well., never mind......:rolleyes:

22. seriouslybaby

seriouslybaby
    from small town

it was way cool of you (executioner) to jump to her rescue. denise does tons of great things for lots of people, so it's nice that it came back around to her! thanks for helping her out!!

23. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Sounds like to me, that it needs some scheduled, preventive attention!!!!

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

Jack stand, that was the first thing I thought of when this problem was posted. NEVER get under a car without one, sounds like Executioner knows what he's doing. Glad this all worked out well, looking forward to the weekend report.

25. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Good going Kenny and Curly.......Littleman

26. :eek: :D :rolleyes: Sounds like my wife Denise too......joe

27. bretcopsey

bretcopsey
    from DAYTON, OH

...at least when she's in Ohio...

Startin' to see a trend here!

28. Are You REEEEALLY certain that a remark like that won't jump back at You and bite You up Your *** well...... rear end...

29. jangleguy

jangleguy

Good job, everyone - mission accomplished! Glad everyone got out okay...

30. carkiller

carkiller

Denices rearend and a little bondage? Damn could have been in Iowa! Glad your rollin kid. Cal