Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's going to the CHRR???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FrameDragger, Sep 19, 2004.

1. FrameDragger

FrameDragger

Roll Call... What are you driving? (pics for reference?)

I'll be in T1 as normal...

Gotta be there for the Awards Ceremony Friday Night at the Doubletree...

Mike

Attached Files:

2. Muttley

Muttley

I'm going to try to make it down there, to bad my car is still about 10 months from being on the road.

3. 55olds88

55olds88

From what I hear, just about every other Kiwi, but not me.... sure it will be a blast, hope its a little cooler then it was 10 days ago when I was up there.

4. seldom scene

seldom scene

The Lifters from San Diego will be well represented.

5. i'm gonna try to make it up there if i can take it off for work i might just go up for sat drivin dis

Attached Files:

6. FrameDragger

FrameDragger

Beat up... look for us in the grove... I'll driving the Terraplane with the "Maxi-Pad" [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'll save a beer for you anyway... [​IMG] [​IMG]

M-

7. Will fly in to LAX on Wednesday the 29th.. And then arrive in Baco on Thursday afternoon. Probably go to Sqeak's that night. Also the Double Tree on Friday night...

Goin' to the dry lake on Sunday morning early...

Seldom Scene, I'll see ya at the end of the track!

Maurice

8. bigfive

bigfive
    from south L.A.

beatup.... you can have the day off. i wouldn't want you to play sick.

9. FEDSLED

FEDSLED
    from lynnweed

FEDER and I will be there, have not missed it in 9 years. If any of you hambers never been its a must attend.

FED

10. Suede57

Suede57

There will be a small group of Executioners there as well...

11. The Vipers will be at the usual place at the top of the track. Stop by and say hi. Check out our BBQ.

Phil

12. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I just talked to someone with the "Great Bend, Kansas" event this weekend and they mentioned that a bunch of cars on their way out west are stopping in Kansas this weekend.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

13. Church

Church
    from South Bay

I'm heading up after work Friday night, and usually make it to the awards. Hopefully I will be driving my Ponti-yacht, but she may need a little tranny work first. Otherwise, I will be pimpin' my totally traditional Nissan Maxima. Booooooooooo!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. HotrodVon

HotrodVon

Long Beach will be well represented. Lookin forward to our drive on Thursday! and Friday and Saturday and Sunday....!!!! Gotta love CHRR & RattleCan! Too much fun.

15. NealinCA

NealinCA

We are going to the Rattle Can on Friday and down to Bako Friday night. I will be in my GMC, my brother in his 41 p/u and my dad in his 40 coupe.

Look for this group, minus my brother's 57...

[​IMG]

Neal

16. Anybody have any details about running a car?

Do they let just anyone with a race car make passes down the track?

It'l be close with the digger... but we hope to have it ready and running with the new motor there...
    Sam.

17. Church

Church
    from South Bay

I don't think anyone can make a pass. They all have tech first, then qualifying for the various classes, and so on. Eliminations on Sunday etc. Don't quote me on that, but I am pretty sure of it. I'd hate for you to tow something down and not get a chance at running it.

18. Sam, you have to pre-enter a car to make exhibition runs.
    unfortunately the deadline was Sept 15.
    The criteria, which I believe you meet, is that the car must be or resemble a car that would have raced 30 yrs ago.
    It must pass NHRA tech and if it runs 9.99 or quicker the driver must have a current NHRA comp license.
    No charge for the car but all crew members must have CHRR credentials.
    You could possibly call NHRA and see if you could run even tho the deadline is passed.
    They use the exhibition cars as fill between the class races so how many runs you get is kind of a crap shoot.

The Stags will have about 10 guys going and 2 top fuel cars run by associate members (Jack Harris and Scott & Lyle Mason).
    The CHRR is always a great time!
    Mick

19. tootallrodder

tootallrodder
    Member Emeritus

I'll be there to represent the north east but I will be in a rental car. I will be in Vegas on business (Training class) and head to Bakersfield on Thursday after I get done with class. Look for the guy with the Yellow and Blue Pith Helmet.

Attached Files:

20. Anybody going to Sqeak's on Thursday night already..?

Last year was pretty laidback.... Buncha Kiwi's there..

Good times!

21. derelict

derelict

Yeh, I'll be there right after the Rattlecan. No golf carts this time...

22. Is that right? They aren't allowing golf carts this year?That would be great. We had to break up a fight in the Grove last year over a cart, plus I got tired of getting nudged out of the way by a-holes that figured they had the right of way because they were stacked all over a friggen golf cart!

23. the_horrormoans

the_horrormoans

I'll be there along with my P.O.S. '64 ford!! nothin fancy but now I don't have to sit up in the bleachers with a bunch of loud mouthed "pub-crawlers"!! (instead I'll sit in my truck next to a bunch of loud-mouthed "pub-crawlers") [​IMG] WOO-HOO!! speaking of beer, how much of a pain in the ass is it to bring in?

24. Ill be there as I'm makin the 10 mile trip. I sold my roadster to help pay for the new house and shop so I'll be driving my sons 68 shelby or the totaly wifes 4 runner. Useless

25. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

I'll be there all weekend in my motorhouse. Can't miss me on saturday.......tall bald guy with grey hair/beard and a "Orange Crate" T shirt on. [​IMG]

26. FrameDragger

FrameDragger

27. plan9

plan9

me. forgot about this thread... i was gonna walk around checking shit out until i ran into someone. driving my rockeriffic '04 pickup... hauling stuff [​IMG]

28. DRD57

DRD57

I'll be there.

29. FEDER

FEDER

So what about a HAMB rollcall at the Beer garden on the right just as you enter the grove Saturday.
    At say uh 1:00 whatya say?
    Last year I met only one Hamber at the end of the track.
    Didnt feel like askin EVERY person, you a Hamber?
    Maybe have a notebook out to sign yer name in. Im sure Ive passed by many of You that attend. What do ya think?
    FEDER COMMENTS--COMMENTS

30. FrameDragger

FrameDragger

Hmm... 1:00... That's usually right between my 18th and 19th beer of the day... I'll try to remember, but if I don't... we usually hang out in the grove by our Cars ('35 Terraplane on first page, 1932 Chevy 3-window with '50's graffiti, '32 Ford Unpainted With "Unique" Engine, '65 Chevy Truck with impressive rust). I'll be the one wearing a black shirt with "INFIDEL" on the front [​IMG]