Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any nice finds this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lotus, May 10, 2009.

1. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

I was laying low this weekend looking for parts for my car since it is hard to say to the wife...I know it's mothers day weekend but I need to drive all over the county to look at this this and this...

but when someone posted 4 15x8 cragar SS wheels a couple miles away for 100 bucks I had to go get them! It gives me a pair for street tires and a pair for slicks.

I just need a skinny pair for the front now.

It was neat going to pick them up to. It is not often you see a sbc in an S-10 frame with a bug body on it.

So, did anybody else have any nice finds/sightings this weekend?

2. snelson57

snelson57

Bought a pile of transmissions / bellhousings from a moving sale.....

Not sure what is there yet. I need to go pick them up this week and check numbers, but I think:

- a 55/56 ford-0-matic?
    - a powerglide?
    - a GM toploader 3 spd, probably 40's truck
    - a SBC GM manual bell housing
    - another unidentified gm bellhousing and a clutch pack, maybe same 40's truck
    - maybe some more stuff, can't remember

And a set of 56 ford hubcaps. Decent driver set w/ faded medallions.

The only other option was the scrap yard for the guy, so I got the stuff pretty cheap.

No need for any of it I dont think, but I hate to see this stuff go to the yard....Hopefully I can sell some of it so fund some parts for my build.

3. Jay.S

Jay.S

I set up a trailer of stuff at our local swap meet. Sold a bunch of stuff, but bought a set of 15 x8 Deep reverse off set for my chevy II. And some other junk.

4. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

A young friend of mine stole (paid for) a 28 Model T Sedan in mint shape. Hasent been driven since 80. He saw my truck at the local ice cream drive in and stopped by. Boy am I jealous!:cool: Wood wheels crank and electric start. Perfect interior and beautiful paint.

5. Bullet Man

Bullet Man

found a 1953 buick super saturday.

6. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

I had the best weekend since ive lived in seattle. I didnt find anything but i spent most of it with the guys from AMOCAT. What a killer time. Hung out with forsakenfew today and watched the final coat of clear get laid on his beautiful 60 pontiac...

7. Went to follow up on a lead about a "GASP" 68 Firebird that apparently still has it,s 4 speed in place.The car is said to be beyond repair and only good for parts....Too bad for me the property owner wasn,t home.Did make sure a 65 plymouth was still in a local auto compound so I,m going to try and buy it to part out.Fired up my big block 57 that never ceases to amaze me, sat all winter and fired right up!

8. a Deuce,,,for Mothers Day! :D HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  9. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

My "finds" of the weekend were 1922 & 1923 Manitoba license plates in pretty decent condition for $13 (for both) at the Wpg swap meet.

10. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Can't compete with Hotrodprimer ^^ but brought home a 52 Ford big truck with very clean Seafoam green cab and nice grille and flathead V8. Will part it out with the help of my friend John.

11. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Found a barn with a old ford truck in it. alot of fun!:)

Attached Files:

12. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

I got to BS with a cool guy and his wife while I was in the process of picking up this from him. Anyone got a front frame loop for a '65 BSA Bantam? :D

Attached Files:

13. sixpac

sixpac
    from Courtenay

I cut the lawn and found nothing.

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

The highlight of replacing the line from the house to the septic tank was finding a 1930-31 Ford wire wheel I used for fill back in 1977. Do I put it on eBay now?

15. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Free 34 Ford axle

16. so.ill.

so.ill.

Was helping my grandma clean out her basement and found some of my grandpa's racing pics and trophys. Got to keep em too :)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. retromotors

retromotors

I picked up a Chevy 235 six and transmission out of a '58 Apache truck to go in my '50 Chevy sedan project. All there, supposed to have been rebuilt recently. Guy was going the BBC route in his pickup, and listed the 235 on craigslist for CHEAP!
    Haven't done all my research yet, but I think this engine/bellhousing gives me more options regarding transmissions as well as an open driveline.

18. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

I picked up a working 6" Altas lathe with 36" bed rails and toolong for $300. Does that count?

19. brucer

brucer
    from western ky

i found the bottom of some beer bottles

20. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

I found out how many trips it takes to move my parents stuff across town.

21. Mudville

Mudville

I worked at Lowe's all weekend and all I got was aggravation and a badly cut nose/forehead when some packaged shelving came flying down one of the rollaround ladders. Today was much better, as we went to a salvage "out in the sticks"!

22. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Found an old 50 dollar bill in my pants pocket...haven't spent it yet...

R-

23. silversink

silversink

[​IMG]Spotted this From the Hiway, need to see if it is available.

24. Broncoholic

Broncoholic
    from Michigan

[​IMG]Got a nice 73 Charger[​IMG]

25. Found my '99 Suburban marking it's territory yesterday morning. Had to teach it a lesson yesterday afternoon.

26. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

Found a '55 Stude Champion more door today. Flat six, decent body, and of course it ran when it was parked.:) Pretty sure it'll follow me home by the end of the week.

27. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

I've always liked this body style .Great Score!

28. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

got my mommy a bobble head Elvis at long beach perf swap meet!

29. DIRTYBIRD

DIRTYBIRD

I never score any car parts but I asked about this bike 6 years ago. The guy saw me and gave it to me this weekend. I'm stoked.

Attached Files:

30. Nogo

Nogo
    from Wisconsin

Finally found myself a pickup based ice cream truck. A 1963 Ford F100. For a decent price too. No ice cream in it though, maybe that's why it was so cheap.. well and it needs a few things, like a carb, steering box, rear brake lines..etc.

[​IMG]