Register now to get rid of these ads!

If money wasn't an issue, wot kind of rod would you build?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anchorboy46, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

1961 Ford LWB F100 unibody gasser with a Boss 429 with a 8-71 blower fueled by a 4-throat hilborn Injection unit. It would have 18 inch spindle mount wheels in the front with 16x13 big window halibrand mags wrapped in big M&H rubber. The truck would be painted gloss black. I think I just figured out my how I'm going to build my next project. Actually first I would buy back my dad's 1970 Dodge pickup he sold long ago. I miss that truck so much. It was Montana green with black bumbers, anyone see it in the Northwest Arkansas area please PM me.

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  2. 65fordguy

65fordguy

ditto that.

i think I would get a sweet model a roadster to match it.

3. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

I`m with ya on that one :cool: one of my all time favorites !

4. Every damn one of them!:D what ever struck my inspirational funnybone at the moment>

5. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

First I would build the most equipped shop with every tool and machine imaginable.

THEN I would build a 37 Chev Roadster and fab many one-off parts I could muster...

Not so much the ROD as it would be the capability to build/fab anything

6. Tony

Tony

Simple for me..If money were no object, i'd build the same thing's i do now. I just wouldn't be concerned about being able to pay my bill's each month.

7. VonKool13

VonKool13

A clone of Vern Hammonds(sp?) from the Choppers '34, but would add some of my own personal touches. That car is pure inspiration!

8. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

i would buy spencer2 then build a track t out of aluminum

9. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

OK if you say so

10. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

Id finish the three projects I have now.............. then spend the rest of my days like Bob K and travel the counrty in my hot rods going to shows.........

11. Would've got a steel body and put a blown ardun and quickchange instead of a sbc and 9inch...

12. Edian

Edian
    from Idaho

well, i guess i would do a lot of stuff that some people might find offensive, a toyota hemi in a 32 with a turbo and efi disguised as mechanical injection, some old swoopy euro car with a v12 out of a farrari or something equally exotic, maybe a straight up hot rod, except with a jag or bmw v-12, and a 34 for pick-up with the drive train out of a skyline gt-r, AWD and twin turbo..... of course i'd ahve to have a v-8, olds 350 with bb heads and 2 potvin style 4-71 and 4 turbos, and 8 webbers.... in what i dont know yhet though:)

13. D-fens

D-fens
    from Huntsville

If money wasn't an issue, I'd build a cheap rod for a driver, then wear out the intarwebz, trolling for old drag cars to buy for garage and yard art.

Okay? Okay.

14. MotoVintage

MotoVintage

32 Ford roadster, flat head V8, no fenders, lowered to look like a lake racer from the day.
    yep that's my dream....maybe some day:)

15. wally bell

wally bell
    from VA.

2009 ZR1 Corvette

16. I'd be Jay Leno

17. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I would build the same cars I am building now, I would just have the money to build them.

18. Doane Spencer '32...either the real deal, or have Steve Sellers build a clone
    [​IMG]

19. guy1unico

guy1unico

plain and very simple one with nice old parts.;)

20. I've got my Roadster... just would like to continue improving it through the years...!

But this is what I'd tackle with "Big Money"... they both ran when parked!!!! Hahaha!

FighterPlane01.jpg
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  21. EARLYHEMIBILL

EARLYHEMIBILL
    from ?

A street legal altered with a pair of blown 392s. It would have a wing in front of the radiator and one above the cockpit. It would have zoomies with integral mufflers and a system that would turn on nitro at the flip of a switch. Bill

22. The 2 that Zombie painted for me !!! My '39 Chevy Taildragger and the '30 Ford Sedan Classic.

23. 33ghost

33ghost
    from Tennessee

The Munster Koach or Drag-u-la

24. mtrhd

mtrhd

427SOHC in a roadster, motor hangin' out over the rails, with a stout chassis req'd.

25. cammer_fan

cammer_fan
    from Byron, IL

I would remake the 33' willys gasser that Ohio George ran but make the engine aluminum, take away the fiberglass front and make it all bare metal

26. vertible59

vertible59

I would try to get Jack Walker to clone his clone for me. In the meantime I would build a '60 ford Starliner with a 427 side oiler and 4-speed. The car would look like a black mirror with the complete red interior from a '63 ford Galaxie 500 XL. Other parts and pieces would include a Currie built 3:91 locker, factory steelies with dog dishes, and every NOS chrome and stainless part available.

27. 2 of these. One with original colors and one chromed with polished aluminum when necessary. I did get that left front wheel though! In the house!

[​IMG]

28. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Id take her sister to....oh and also a auburn speedster:D

29. Steelsmith

Steelsmith

Since you guys are hot rodders, I'll help you out. That's not a P-38, it's a P-51 Mustang. The P-38 'Lightning' had twin tail booms and a center fuselage pod. It actually looked like parts of three planes stuck together. Twin engines as well as twin tails.

Regarding the question 'what would I build/do with unlimited funds'? Continue metalshaping classes until I felt I didn't need to. Then enlarge my current shop to about 6000sqft, continue to outfit it as needed to build the projects I already have and would like to finish up to the best of my abilities.

That's what my dreams are made of ...
    Dan Stevens
    dba, Steelsmith

30. gasser55

gasser55

One that gets finished.......lol