Register now to get rid of these ads!

Has anybody ever un-chopped a car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nor cal nic, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Unchopped T coupes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 35Chevy.com

35Chevy.com
    from New Jersey

I thought a saw a thread on here a few months ago where someone un chopped a car. But as it turns out I was reading the thread from the last post to the first...JOKE

On the serious side Why do you ask the question? Do you have a car that needs to be un chopped? If so lets see it.

Gary

3. HONESTHERMAN

HONESTHERMAN

Yes My Uncle did it. But he made it ez on himself. Took another car . Cut the stock roof off. and replaced the chopped one and put stock doors back on it. But I believe someone already said that.

4. metalshapes

metalshapes

I did that...

He helped.

There was a whole bunch more things wrong with that car.

It was welded together too short, so the doors wouldn't fit, etc...

That was an interesting project...

5. 1beatnik

1beatnik
    from indiana

Has anyone "uncooled" a car? What the F^*K

6. metalshapes

metalshapes

That car was anglechopped with more taken out of the back.

It looked like shit.

And it was crooked.

After it was back together, it was still chopped, but not as much...

7. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

(Appleseed ) Yea I saw the picture you posted.Cars chopped up that much shouldn't be driven on the road.Cops around here would impound that thing.It is way too chopped,impractical and visibilty unsafe.A nice chop can improve the profile of most cars. I agree , A bad chop can hurt it! i have fixed some that were hacked by dudes that didn't have a clue what they were doing. But I would never un chop one,LOL.

8. henryj429

henryj429

Huh?

Decaffinated coffee
    De-alcoholized beer
    Pam Anderson breast reduction
    Kirstie Alley post Jenny Craig
    Unchopped hotrod

Get the idea?

9. this thread makes me sad.

10. funny how all the NEWBIES are the one giving nic shit for asking,,,,
    nic is a STANDUP guy,,,
    if he needs a top unchopped,, its for GOOD reason,,,
    a chop does NOT make a car cool,,, WORKMANSHIP does,,,
    a chop does NOT make a car tranditional,,, STYLE does,,,
    some of you need to LEARN a thing or too on this board, ABOUT this board,,, before you start talking nonsense,,,,

star by listening to the guys that replied with knowledge,,, plowboy,, metalshapes,,guys that have INSIGHT,,,

xoxox
    miss hellbound hootch

11. Steve

Steve

wow so when did you set the rules? There's to be a reason why he needs to reverse this chop job. Did you ask first why before jumping on nic? Are your cuffs regulation height? did you follow the sickboy paint scheme?

12. inliner54

inliner54

all you guys who are asking "why would you want to unchop a car"? need to get some more experience under their belt before you make your opinion known to everybody. keep your opinions to themselves if this thread dosent interest you then dont reply. to answer your dumb questions if a chop has been done poorly or untastefully it may need to be uchopped or redone to fix someones mistakes. there are a lot of cool cars out there that have a lot of cool custom things done to them but they have nasty chops on them.

13. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

Here it is...
    32tractorrod.jpg

14. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

Holy shit dude~ How in the fuk did you get your post count up so high in a few months? Was it just by posting useless shit like that or have you actually contributed something???

Now, I'm with the others on this... A bad chop is a bad chop. Sometimes the only way to fix it is to un-chop it. My dad helped a buddy of his un-chop then rechop his 39 Ford sedan. The owner of the car decided after drinking a 12 pack to whip out the sawzal and chop it himself. Woke up the next morning, passed out on the floor of the car. Rumor has it you could hear his scream a mile away.

15. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

I remember hearing of a guy who put a few inchies on a unchopped Model~A. or may be it was a Model~T.

16. piker

piker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A guy I know is unchopping a botched 36 3 window.Used donor parts off a sedan and whatever metal that will work. Also converting sedan doors to 3 window. Lotsa welding, Big challange,but thats what he likes. Looks good so far .He made a 41 willys 4dr into a 5 window (looks good)also a 41 willys 4dr into a sedan delivery.

17. sickboys wre the orignial DUMBASSHAMBBOYS,,,,

xoxox
    hootch

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

There is a badly chopped 49 Merc in town with a a replacement doner roof that will be corrected some day. Chop is so bad kids jumped on the roof. Still have all the bits from the '29 Ford Tudor I chipped 4 1/2 inches years ago. Just last Sunday there was a full 35-36 Ford 5window top at the CSRA swap, a roadster conversion leftover.

19. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

you shouldn't even have to ask that if you did the research go read my posts and you won't find me going around other people's posts trying to wipe my feet on anyone like you just tried to do to me.

I had to sell out my business and I was out of work living off of savings the last 6 months that's where I've got the time to post a few. 5 posts a day on the average not including pm's and the posts and threads I've deleted, if I wasn't bankrupt right now I'd be a paying member.
    The things posted up there for anyone enjoys it and it's exactly what Lowlid was asking to see. if you don't like it don't be eyeballing it. It's Norcal nics thread and if he has a problem with it all he's gotta do is ask and it will come down. is it your thread? NOPE

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  20. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Torchmann You are going to start a new trend with that photo chop job sky scraper top 32 highboy, Nice tractor tires ,wheels need a dab of paint(maybe flames) and yer ready for Goodguys. LOL ( Just kidding around guys.) Don't get offended!

21. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Yea un-chop it pull that stinken sbc. Add some buggy springs a radio antenna with a racoons tail. now were talking

22. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

I am about to get to "re-chop" my sedan. in the process, I will be adding things like different windshield pillars, door tops, and that sort of shit.

if The FUCKING NEWS GUYS will stop bickering about Post counts, I will show You how to "Un-Fuck" a fucked chop on a 30 A Sedan.

any takers?

23. hell yeah im interested Lux! some of us look forward to seeing the perverbial poster child for birth control un-fucked hopefully with any luck these douches are done trippin the tounge fantastic on each others man sacks!

24. chad

chad

I wanna see it!!!! Go for it

25. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

I know it is not the same but I added a couple inches to my cabriolet. It was severely chopped when I got it.

Before;

[​IMG]

After;

[​IMG]

26. 8flat

8flat

Let's see....if a guy moved from the West coast to the East coast....he might un-chop his car...haha

But seriously, it sounds like a good way to fix a screwed up chop job. Un-chop it to make things line up correctly, then chop it the right way. (lots of respect for Metalshapes, he talks I listen)

27. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

There is no way I could even get in that. The only way I can see that anybody could conceivably drive it is to roll back the fabric on the top. This unchop job would take a whole new body!

28. Steve

Steve

yeah lets see it.

29. 33ghost

33ghost
    from Tennessee

Would like to see the unchop to rechop fix

30. 61TBird

61TBird

Needs Red wheels and Wide Whites.....

Last edited: May 8, 2009
Thread Status: