Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Boys look what I bought today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sonny3, May 4, 2009.

1. Yep, its an "A"... you can tell from the firewall. That's what stuck out the most to me.

At any rate, you did well, fair price for a nice car. Congrats!

2. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

Absolutely a nice car.

3. Billet

Billet

Sonny3, Good luck with your ah..Ford, it is a Ford right? Really, I like your car even if it's a 30/31 on 27 rails with a 32 grill. "If" the thrill is gone PM me and I'll take it! Hang in there, we're here to learn.

4. Great car!!! Have fun with it...

5. Thanks.

Was looking at the older mini-trucks when I hit the local junkyard.
    Seems like some of them are about the right size.

I know a couple guys who might know a guy who has a 32-34 pickup.
    You know how that goes, but, many times successful.

And as FritzTownFord notes, there's always Brookville.

The vent in my 32 really makes a difference and I don't want to go without one in the 31.

6. sonny3

sonny3
    from so cal

Attention all the thousands that replied to the dumb ass things that came out of my yap..............I'M SORRY........PPPPPPPPPPLEASE FORGIVE ME........PPPPLEASE.....When I saw the car for the first time I thought [BIG MISTAKE] it was a 32. I have always had A coupes, but have always wanted a roadster, so when I saw this one my brain went south. Dick Stark [nice gent] never implied that it was a 32. I never noticed the rear wheel wells. I do not know a lot about roadsters [obviously] soooooo its a 31. when Dick said it was titled I was still thinking it was a 32 nice huh ? the 31 is on a 27 frame that part is true ask Dick. .the only thing I really plan to do to the car is give it a good cleaning and weld a roof back on it with a moon roof cool huh ? So look, I am sorry I caused all this pain and suffering, but I'm more sorry for me for defending stupidity. But as so many of you nice dudes said it a cool ride and I don't care what year it is, because it all mine now and it bitchin. Thanks for all the inputs and education......now go home......Sonny

7. Well that sucks, I gave you credit for knowing and yanking everyones chain...........in reality you were stupid?! Wow, my faith in the world is shaken.

8. 38zephyr

38zephyr

Dude , you had won over about 30,000 hambers , your last post might have just lost them again .

9. so you always wanted a roadster but now your gonna weld a roof on the 31 that yearns to be a 32 you just bought??

10. sonny3

sonny3
    from so cal

Hay is there something on my back that says bend over

11. 38zephyr

38zephyr

Yeah , somebody scotch taped a centerfold on there .

12. sonny3

sonny3
    from so cal

That explains it......Thanks

13. Brandi

Brandi

You are not seriously going to weld a roof on it...

14. sonny3

sonny3
    from so cal

You forgot the moon roof

15. Weasel

Weasel

Ever get the feeling you've been had???

16. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

please tell me this is a joke. first you didnt know it was a 32. now your going to weld on a roof with a moon roof in it? you, my friend, are a full blown retard.

17. chaddilac

chaddilac

If you put a 32 top on it, they might change the title down at the DMV!!! :D

18. jfreeman

jfreeman

30, 31, 32...you dont have an adjustable rate on it, do you? no balloon payment? not insured by AIG? you're in good shape. dope ride.

19. mackster

mackster

and the plot thickens! . . .roof? WHY? WHY? WHY?:confused:

20. jfreeman

jfreeman

Am I the only one that knows the roof and MOON ROOF were a joke?

21. Von Farly 1923

Von Farly 1923
    from Sacramento

Looks like a nice ride for the So-Cal Summer! I think you did alright. Change the back tires out for some thing a little taller and get some Year of Manufacture Plates and the debate will never stop.

22. I think he left his computer logged in and a buddy is jacking around.

23. Missing Link

Missing Link

I want the old H.A.M.B. back...

24. hahahahhahaha, oh man.
    nah, he's cool with me , I dont care if he wants a moon roof or not. (that had me rollin'!)

I think he's yokin' about tha' roof......ok, I hope he's joking.

25. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

I have no clue how to to tell the difference and after 3 pages of reading Im now more confused on how to tell. However when I sene the car I thought it was pretty bad ass...so with that being said If you bought it cause it looked bad ass well looks like you did it. Hell I didnt even know there was a huge price/vintage quality between a 30/31 and a 32. Guess I too learned something.

26. [QUOTE="Whitey Ford" 62 Uni;3894605]I have no clue how to to tell the difference and after 3 pages of reading Im now more confused on how to tell. However when I sene the car I thought it was pretty bad ass...so with that being said If you bought it cause it looked bad ass well looks like you did it. Hell I didnt even know there was a huge price/vintage quality between a 30/31 and a 32. Guess I too learned something.[/QUOTE]

you can thank the beach boys for that

27. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Ha!..I got less faith in the people who are actually getting all bent over the "joke" he just played about the roof and sky light.

28. 38zephyr

38zephyr

I was thinking he had to be kidding about the hardtop , I thought the rest of the attitude was a little off anyway . Sometimes things don't translate well on the computer though .

29. I like Sonny....................he's funny.

30. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

This thread has taught me that the HAMB can be educational, full of drama, a comedy, opinionated, and entertaining!:D But I do love it. I can't wait to start posting my build:rolleyes:

Nice roadster Sonny!