Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Boys look what I bought today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sonny3, May 4, 2009.

1. 28hiboy

28hiboy
    from Milton, Fl

That's "A" neat old Ford roadster. Should be a great ride and lots of fun. Lots of interesting ideas to be found if you start looking! Worth the money. Have fun and enjoy.

2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

that goes doubble for my very very rare AR 32
    <-----see it?

I think only one was made...and im cutting it up!:eek::rolleyes:

3. S.F.

S.F.

Yeah I noticed that after I posted. It is definitely not a 32 Frame. it looks custom made to me. BUT, it looks like it was done well. Still a nice car for the money, I would love to own it.

4. Weasel

Weasel

I am pretty sure 1931 roadsters had flush fit doors from the factory.

5. What I've found with doors so far:

28-29 doors overlap both ends.

30-31 doors overlap at the rear and are flush at the front.

32 doors are flush at both ends.

Sometimes you'll see an A with flush fitting doors on both ends, but that's done as a custom touch.

I'm liking the stock style doors on my 31.
    Makes for easy panel fitting.

6. So, is it a 30-31 Model A? On a T frame?

7. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Nice ride! enjoy it!drive it!!!

8. chaddilac

chaddilac

Man you guys ran the dude off!! he hasn't commented in a while...!!!

9. Probably went to get his money back.

10. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

Nothing wrong with a nice model A. Id be a little pissed if i was in shoes though....

11. KATFISH

KATFISH

He'll be back, he's over kicking the guy's ass that sold it to him as a 32...

12. "Boys, Boys I'm telling you its a 32.....Don't be hating now"

I feel bad for you that is not a '32........A lot of old rods I have gone to buy were not the year they said it was...They show you a title with '32 on it that doesn't mean it is one.... .I went to look at a '32 5w cp. with cowl vent, no visor and a '32 grill .....It turned out to be a '30 model "A".....The guy really pissed me off and told me I had no idea what I was looking at....OK, I told him good luck selling your '32 ford cp and walked.....Today we are great friends and we buy cars together for profit....He got all exited when he found a '32 ford roadster in the paper.... and we went to look at and it was a '27 "T" roadster with a '32 grill...We of course looked at each other and laughed......

Sorry for rambling, but I had to share that story......:rolleyes:

I really dig the roadster you bought....you may have mis-represented on the year.....but hell if you want to sell your roadster I will take it off your hands...looks like it was well built and a good price to me....as long as you feel good about the car....That is all that matters....I like that the H.A.M.B. members on here know what the hell they are talking and looking at....They will always tell it like it is....You gotta respect that....enjoy your new ride!!!

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  13. Pins&Needles

Pins&Needles
    from Santa Cruz

??????????? WTF why so much hostility? Oh and it IS definately a 27 industrial truck frame. PERIOD.

14. Missing Link

Missing Link

:eek:

15. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

Damn my neighbor has one just like that and I thought he was stupid saying it was a 47 Ford. I knew it had to be a 40!:D

16. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

You might have something there.......:rolleyes:

17. So, is it a '32? I'm confused.

18. S.F.

S.F.

No it is not a 32.

19. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

seems like I got a picture of that car in primer at the CHRR. I remember the license plate. is it glass?

edit: nope. the car I saw had a plate that says XBGR rather than EXAGR.

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  20. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Sorry it sounded hostile- just being direct after he made it clear it was DEFINITELY a '32 and for no one to "hate". I was more upset someone convinced him it was a '32 when it's not. That's not good for anyone. Very nice car though.

There are apparently pieces of a 27 T frame used (it's a cool custom frame that looks good under the car). Highly modified and from the cowl forward is custom I'd think . Nothing used a spreader bar until '32.

That car is actually worth more than he paid for it ANY DAY, but correctly identified as a Model A.

I see people get sold stuff incorrectly EVERYDAY, and it really bums me out because it usually is not in their favor. He did good anyway. Not a bad ending. ;)

21. chaddilac

chaddilac

I would too... but I'd also do a little do diligence and get some opinions of it before I shelled out $22K on something I didn't know nothing about!!

Man that guy split!! that's funny and sad at the same time!

22. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

it doesn't say 1932 anywhere on that for sale sign, maybe both parties thought the other knew what they were looking at. So what is with all the ass kicking???

23. rebstew187

rebstew187

It is a nice car from the pics. But is kind of sounds like you are one of those guys that are a status hot rodder. You don't think it's cool unless it's a 32 or a 40. I like an A's lines as much as a 32. I could care less about the year. If you thought you were buying a 32 then go get your money back. If you like the car then don't worry about being one of those hot rodders that only want a 32 or a 40 because they think it will impress everyone. What I could build with 22 large in my pocket $$:rolleyes: Everyone keeps asking but no reply. Is it 'glass or steel? If you are happy with it don't worry about what anyone else says.

24. Traditional36

Traditional36

or Ex ( as in post in example- ex wife) A gas roadster, i would think is more likely.

25. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Maybe he,s at home trying to educate himself or removing his foot from his mouth.

26. Ya mean there are other cars besides roadsters? ;)

Yeah, roadsters are what I was talking about and I shoulda made it clear.

Geez, next up I'll have to learn about coupes and stuff....:D

27. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

I'm suprised more people havn't used a T or A truck frame under an A passenger body. They have a nice taper forward of the firewall and are VERY close to the height of a '32 frame rail. The 32 cowl vent is a real nice touch especially if it was a free one he got back in the day when every one was pitching them and filling the cowls. Nice car thou. Sometimes a bargain isn't quite what you think it to be, but both buyer and seller should be satisfied on this one. Lesson on this is ,don't try to get the best of "old guys"

28. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Yep, Nosurf used an A or AA? truck frame under his '30/'31 coupe
    [​IMG]

29. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

30. mollie~tuff~cocktail

mollie~tuff~cocktail
    from oxnard, ca

Man, 22K to buy what I wanted...I wouldn't even know where to start...Nice car no matter what. Have fun with it!