Register now to get rid of these ads!

Different hubs on Ford spindles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Little Wing, May 1, 2009.

1. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Ok ,,seen alot of post on such but,,trying to understand it all. These spindles are made for 3/4 inch axles so I figure one end should be no issue with the hubs stock bearing ( outside side ) But for the inner I'm thinking all I have to do is fine a bearing that fits the inside of the spindle and fits inside the hub right?? :eek:

Attached Files:

2. alchemy

alchemy

Go to your local parts house or bearing supplier with your measurements. You might be surprised how easy it can be. There aren't THAT many bearing sizes out there.

The only killer is if the spindle snout is the wrong length.

3. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

cool,, the hubs is about 5-5 1/2 end of bearing to bearing ,, not sure how wide stock Ford hub is,,figured I could put a spacer on the outside end to take up any shortness ?

And have to find out what size the inner bearing is

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  4. Dan1955

Dan1955

Those look like H-D Star hubs. What is it you are trying to do?

5. dentprone

dentprone

Is there a Miller bearing or Bearings and Drives shop near you? They are pretty good at hunting down odd stuff.

6. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

dragster front wheel :) these are easier ( in my opinion ) to work with than the VL hubs.

They ride on a 3/4 axle so i figure im already set on one end just a matter of matching up bearings for the inside

7. if you can not find a bearing to fit between the spindle stub and the hub race , you may want to consider making a bushing for the spindle....most disc brake kits use one

8. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

um ,,not sure what that means :confused:

9. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

10. havi

havi

Basically, it is a "sleeve" pressed onto the spindle. 51 Merc-ct beat me to it, lol.

11. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

12. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Who is a good company for just the adapters ?? all I can seem to find are whole kits

13. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

Might be worth a call to Speedway Motors, Lincoln NE., 1 800 979 0122, if one of their kits has something you could use. They have been known to sell individual kit parts in the past even though they weren't listed as such in the catalog. Not sure if they still do.

14. norwich25336

norwich25336
    from Michigan

What alchemy said. There are a bunch of bearing manufactures in the Detroit area alone, and all in competition with each other. I used them lots of times and the cost of a bearing is about 1/10 of what you woud pay at an auto parts store.

15. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

anybody know what size the inside bearing is ?