Register now to get rid of these ads!

to mess with or not to mess that is my question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodlolita, Apr 20, 2009.

1. hotrodlolita

hotrodlolita

well thanks guys, and the blurr your a dork and i am very jelouse of the big bird it's looking pretty awsome. I just might need your expertise when i paint it pink with a heavy metal flake roof you know nothing flashy or girly or anything ha ha

2. DrJ

DrJ

To not decide is to decide. :cool:

Put off making changes until you are sure for sure.

If you intend to sell it, ever, four doors are (pretty much only) popular with the lowrider segment of our hobby and they will want it bone stock with all the trim intact and just lowered.

3. red3

red3

Dude go for it the value of learning is worth more than you think. Thats just my opinion.

4. kookee

kookee

There is always a difference in perception ov value. Did you buy it for an investment or for fun? What is the value of the smile you will get when you drive it and tell folks YOU did the customizing. (Priceless)

I am just starting off as well. The best advice I have had so far is, figure out what you want to do, make a plan, and STICK WITH THE PLAN!

5. stock is stock, all the same. mods will bring you more interest.

6. 2xcrash

2xcrash

Get it running like a top. Go to shows and cruise nights with it. Stay on the board and figure where you want to go with it before you do anything. Make a plan. I cant tell you how many times I've changed my mind midstream. Save time and money,have a plan, start buying parts you'll need for what you want. You'll be happier and have what you want faster....

7. firemancooter

firemancooter

Come up with a solid plan of what you want and do it. Then enjoy.:)

8. oldsman71

oldsman71

x2!!!:D

9. Dave K

Dave K

How big is your budget? Do you have shop space and something else to drive when you are building? Paint cost big dollars (even if you do it yourself) For me it is really hard to start cutting on a car that is all one color and running driving as I know money and time are really hard to come by. If I had money time and shop space things would be different.

As soon as you start mods that are going to require paint plan on basically restoring the whole car as the bumpers, wheels, glass, etc that look nice on the old paint job are going to look like crap next to that nice new paint.

I would drive the hell out of it and make little changes that do not require paint.

10. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

just give it to me, i have big plans for a 4 door chevy like that... serious

11. quadcamiron

quadcamiron

First off, if your worried about the value of the car, you have to remember "it worth what someone will pay for it". Person A would pay more if it is stock while person B will pay more for a custom. If you want a custom build a custom. Chop it, weld it, grind it and DRIVE THE PISS OUT OF IT!!