Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tearing down Miss Behavin'

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tfeverfred, Jan 10, 2009.

1. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Gotcha; thanks for clarifying that. :)

2. heavy duty r/c

heavy duty r/c
    from Greer s.c.

Fred- was following your build on T bucket forum , cant find the link now,needing to know the radiatior hose number you used for your lower hose; any help would be appreciated love your ride Thanks, Heavy D

3. Screamin' Metal

Screamin' Metal
    from Oklahoma

Dawm man, that just makes me sick...........:(

4. cactus zach

cactus zach

may i ask wat happend to cause all this mess i mean theres a lot of damage but wat happened??
    hope you get her back to gether the way you want it good luck

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Okay, it's been a while, so here's the latest. I got laid off a couple weeks ago.:( I had to move my car from my friends shop to my house last week. The good part about all of that was that I had time to work on her and didn't have to drive anywhere to do it.

I had a few hurdles to jump and did my last major jump today. MISS FORTUNE is road worthy! There are a few little things left to do. Like re-install the carpet, install a coolig fan and change out the front clevis bolts, but for all intents and purposes, she is ready to torture the streets of Houston once more. In fact, I did a little of that today. There's was a small group of construction workers who will have something to tell their kids tonight. I was coming off my street and stopped at the corner and a guy asked if she would do a burnout. Well, coast was clear and is was around noon when there is no traffic because folks were at work, so........ yea. I kicked up a little dust.:D

I still need to get some flex conduit to cover some wires and the grill shell needs to be permanantly mounted, but, yea. She's ready for the road.

Thanks to EVERYONE for being there for me and I hope I get to return the favors. Oh, Flatheadpete, your grill looks bitchin' on my car! Pics as soon as I get my hands on a cam.

6. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Sorry about the layoff.... Gald you got the bucket done.

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

She's my stress relief till the next gig comes along. My house is paid off and the city still owes me some more money. The sitution is bad, but isn't critical. I've been through worse and this is just another bump in the road. Plus, I have friends and in times like this, that's better than all the money in the world.

8. I got laid off as well, so I'm in Arkansas for a while fitting pipe. Let me know if you need a job, maybe I can do something.

9. aldixie

aldixie

Hi Fred, Great to hear about the T being back on the road. Sorry about the layoff. Our team at work will find out in the next 30 days if we still have jobs since our company got bought out.

10. Fred!! Glad to hear you are back on the road. Any repercussions from the HPD?
    If you can, how about posting some before and after pics for the people that aren't on the same page. Last time I saw your car here it was looking pretty good. Mike

11. RodStRace

RodStRace

Fred, I hope the reason you haven't posted more completed pics is that you are out testing the new front end over bumps and the radiator in the wind!

I just hope you find something on the job front that allows you to continue to refine that T!

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Short update. unemployment sucks, however never give up and drive your hot rod to relieve the damn stress. Things are flowing, not at a rate I would like, but flowing. Here's what happened today.

It was a great plan, I take my lady for a little ride. However, there was one problem, I had the wrong belt size or a bad alternator. I was hoping it was a belt, so I went and got one. I put it on with gusto and with heart a flutter turned the key. The sound of power, the thought of taking a drive....... and then, no movement from the alternator pulley.

Confusion sets in, I think to myself that now I need a new alternator because the bearings have froze up. Try and try, I'm still dreading the thought of having to drop $89 for a new one. Then.... Mary, my old lady, looked at at the situation and said, "The pulley is hitting the bracket. I think it's too tight." I loosened it and turned the key again and... WHALLA! It works!

Regardless of what some big guys or maybe the stupid ones say, behind every good man or one not paying attention...... there is a great woman.

Ride fellas.

PS: LES, Mary says HI! and she she wants you to know, she fixed my damn car.:eek:

13. aldixie

aldixie

Hi Fred,

Totally agree with the great woman statement.:)

Alex

14. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Great to see you back on the road and hope a new job finds you soon Fred. Be proud of your accomplishments, you did good!!!

15. Looking great Fred, good to see that you have gotten to where you need to be. Good luck with the job hunt! I have some updates to post as well, im almost done my bucket and i cant wait.

16. butch27

butch27

Fred: You,ve got to post more over on our T site. Worried about you.

17. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

dude that sucks getting the ax. sorry, signs of the times, and Houston is barely hit compared to most of the country.

GLAD the T is back on the road, and yeah it was time for a name change for the incarnate...

MISS FORTUNE, I like it.

18. Brad S.

Brad S.

Awesome Fred. Glad to see its at least going your direction.

19. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What's the latest with Fred, anyone heard tell of the man lately?

20. model-a-fan

model-a-fan
    from Kentucky

I commend your attitude during the whole ordeal. It's good to see good thing happen to good folks. Congrats sir!

21. butch27

butch27

Haven't heard from Fred on the other T site either.

22. tricky steve

tricky steve
    from fenton,mo.

man, i'm just glad you're o.k. .. you can fix your hot-rod..
    been driving a t-roadster since 1976, has about a billion miles on it.. seeing pics like this .. gives me the creeps..
    just glad you're o.k.

23. cJared3b

cJared3b

this has to be one of my favorite threads. Awesome rebuild.

24. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

hmmm ive heard of wheres Waldo but never wheres Fred ? lol

25. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'm still here. That's a good thing. I'm not going to get into my personal business, but me and Miss Behavin' are doing fine. I had some tranny problems, but a good friend is helping me with it. I should be back up and running this weekend. (fingers crossed)

The city of Houston is dragging ass on my bodily injury settlement, but my lawyer says it should be resolved soon. (crossing the other fingers) Plus, this dang heat on a car with no top could make for some toasty cruising. Guess I'll have to drive faster to catch a cool breeze.;)

26. Brad S.

Brad S.

It's about time you checked in man. :D

27. Dick Dake

Dick Dake

Good to hear from ya Fred, any new pics?

28. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Not yet. I want to get all spiffed up and I need to buy a camera, but trust me, they are in the near future.

29. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

+1 :cool:

30. oldsman71

oldsman71

good to hear you are making progress!