Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods '55 gasser ready for Lebanon Valley!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRod28AR, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Finally all set and ready to go! A few small things to button up tomorrow and that should be it. Bringing it to Lebanon Valley Friday on a track rental day, though it looks like we might be rained out. Rain date is either Monday or next Friday I think. First few runs will be super slow just to make sure the thing drives right, I've only driven it down my dirt road and back. Regardless it should be a fun time. I've never been to a dragstrip before so I just want to focuss on getting the whole routine down this trip and getting used to it, not going for any serious times.
    -Dean

Attached Files:

2. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

That is one bad ass 55!

3. Congrats Dean......enjoy the seat time on Friday..........I can just imagine how big your smile will be as you grab gears going down the track....lol.

4. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

I've raced at Lebanon a bunch of times.In fact at seasons' end last year they resurfaced the track.Was down there a couple Sundays ago for opening day test and tune and swap meet.Was interested on how the new surface would hook up.Well there was no problem with that,just about everyone was grabbing some air off the line.
    Is your 55 a former racer at the Valley?

5. Butch M

Butch M

that's going to be fun...

6. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Looks like you are going to have a lot of fun! Be safe and give her hell.

7. solid

solid

real cool. looks on the money.

8. cadillac dave

cadillac dave

i used to race at lebanon valley back in 1971 1972 . ran a 3X modified 58 Corvette I also drove on the steet. it was a lot of fun. have a ball. good luck Cadillac Dave

9. Slapnuts1975

Slapnuts1975
    from Tennessee

Do you have a driveshaft loop on her? Be a shame to get there and not get to play. Check the restrictions for the track before you roll that way. First trip to our strip here I actually had to lay under the car and weld a makeshift loop on before I could run. They may not require one there though.

10. I love it! Looks like a nightmare from the past.

11. 63Compact

63Compact

That looks Badass Keep us posted on how things go.

12. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Has a warrior look to it.

13. lookin good..keep us up to speed on how you make out at the track..

1939fiat

14. A video at the track would be cool! Get some smokey burn outs too!:D

15. Thanks guys. Bucksnort- the car used to run in Virginia, just going to Lebanon because its the closest track I can get to really. Some friends of ours are going up so I signed up. The car does have a driveshaft loop, though its a little close to the differential end. I dont know if they have rules on location, but it is there. Had to install a battery box and kill switch also, along with overflow can and a lapbelt with the certification tag still intact (it originally had a aircraft 4-way harness).
    -Dean

16. Hell Yea!!!!
    I miss good ole' Lebanon Valley.

17. S.F.

S.F.

Thats BAD ASS!!!!!

18. prost34

prost34

I love the valley,met my wife (girlfriend at that time) there,she worked in the tower and handed out the trophies,hence i won allot!,,,lane 2 is faster,you get the cold air from the creek that runs next to it,lane one is slick about 3rd gear,the stock car tracks opening is there and the wind blows across sometimes blowing the sand from the dirt track,saw many a car crash or roll in that spot,take a picture of the funnycar on the pole i built it for the track when vinny owned the track,,,,,,,godspeed,,

19. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Holy Crap.....That is cool!!!

20. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

oh yeah, thats bad ass!!!

21. Sscott55

Sscott55
    from Ojai

22. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Bitchin '55! I love the colors too.

23. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

24. Badass Car! Have fun!!

25. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Oh man that's great! It looks killer. I love the stance, the colors and the mean nasty look it has.

26. ...nice to see this one back in action!

27. fridaynitedrags

fridaynitedrags

360 degree loop around the shaft, located within 6 inches of the front u-joint.
    http://www.jegs.com/p/Lakewood/7512...veshaft+Loop&gclid=COy62amlmZoCFctL5QodSVko8w

Run the motor up to 3K r's and flip the kill switch. If it doesn't kill the motor, then juice from the alternator is back-feeding the ignition system through the ignition switch. Painless Wiring makes a kit to fix it.....
    http://www.painlessperformance.com/webcatalog/largeview.php?SearchField=50103&SearchAll=Drag Racing

Just so you know, if the car goes 11.49 or quicker, a 5-point harness is required. Lap belts, shoulder belts and a crotch strap. You didn't mention the crotch strap. A 5 or 6 point roll bar will take the car to 10.00, as long as less than 4 square feet of the floor is altered and less than 1 square foot of the firewall is altered.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  28. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Went on opening day a few weeks back, the track looked nice. Saw some fast wheels. Have FUN!!! Beautiful part of NY State! Slim

29. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Neto Guys running Island Sunday.....See Dover Drag Strip Nostagia Drags Heading at www.doverdragstrip.com Need you to post in "Team"Check-in".! Car is perfict !

30. the duke

the duke

really cool, looks like a real mean fighting dog, lots of scars all over but ready to kick some ass