Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Out comes the roadster, 1925 Chev update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jimmy B, Apr 26, 2009.

1. I rolled out the roadster to get a better look at the bellypan, still along way to go & I ran out of Aluminium sheet :mad::(. We've had a shitload of rain the last 3 months so the panels have rusted up. I am hoping to finish the bodywork by the end on May so I can shoot some semi gloss or gloss black.:cool:
    Cheers
    Jimmy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  2. unclechop

unclechop

3. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Jamie - well done. Abso-fuckin-lutely inspiring

Now if gettin' the juices going was the objective behind showing these pictures - you've got it done in one!!!

4. Cheers!

Thanks Mark! Haha, it worked!!!:D now get and do that banger powered Coupe!
    Oh, btw do you happen to have a spare A rear spring?
    Cheers
    Jimmy

5. Ruiner

Ruiner

Pssst...needs louvers ;)...looks like a fun project though, now get back to it...

6. MBL

MBL

This is the kind of stuff I like to see on the HAMB. VERY COOL. Keep us posted on the progress..
    Tim
    MBL

7. It will get some louvers in the bellypan if I make a die. :D

Thanks Tim, I will post more in a few weeks. with any luck it will be painted :eek:

Jimmy

8. Looks like something you would see in one of Don Montgomery's book. That's a good thing!

9. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Nope, but I know where there is one for sale - "hot rod fred" from "THAT" board.

BTW the banger will have to wait - I got a Mrs remember

10. RAY With

RAY With

Nothing like making some head way and getting the blood flowing!

11. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Cool! Needs a pair of E&J headlights though!
    --mika

12. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

I've been building a belly pan also.Nice job on yours.Way cool little roadster you've got there.Working on Barter Street should keep the cash costs down.

13. Thanks Mika, unfortunately no E&Js, I can't afford them. I do have a pair of '37-'38 Chev headlights they have that cigar sort of shape & '47 Chev taillights.
    I bought a Stewart Warner crescent point for $40 hopefully I can find a couple more that cheap.:D otherwise it will have to go without.

14. striper

striper

I don't like E&Js on most cars, but they would look good on there. Great job on the pan. Just so I don't break with tradition I have to voice an opinion. The chin looks a bit "heavy" and the hood looks like it runs slightly up hill. Don't get me wrong. I'd have it in my shed in a heartbeat. Just sometimes you don't notice stuff when you live around it.

Pete

15. Cool, I'd really like to see it, you don't see enough bellypans getting built. It has been fun building it, probably the part I've enjoyed the most. next I'm going to build an Aluminium body for my prewar style lakester frame :D

This roadster probably owes me around 5K to date it maybe less I've done a bit of Bartering + I've done all the fab work which has really helped keep cost down.
    Cheers
    Jimmy

16. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

looking really good! i am loving this car.

17. I appreciate the input, one of the reasons I post photos is to get that feedback that confirms what I have been thinking
    I like the chin ;) It is something that comes down to personal taste like it or hate it :D;)
    The uphill bonnet is a sore point as I would prefer it lower but as the original Whippet radiator is in great usable condition & my financial situation ain't that great I would prefer to spend the money elsewhere on parts I don't have or parts that need replacing. Eventually though it will be cut down 2".

Thanks.

Cheers
    Jimmy

18. autobilly

autobilly

I dig it Jimmy, looks like a real race car!

19. realsteel

realsteel

20. I'm a little behind it has flooded here this past week so probably won't have it painted until mid June. :( Right 1/4 is almost done then I'll finish the left 1/4.
    [​IMG]
    couple pics I didn't post last time.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. autobilly

autobilly

Been rowing to work buddy? I think that's the end of it (the rain) for now.
    The Chev's lookin' bitchin!

22. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Hey Jimmy, it really looks good man, It's got that cool late 40's look already just keep at it......love the pix

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  23. Cheers, that is the reason I would like to have it at this years Speed on Tweed & not Wintersun, it will be purely static though :(

thank you :cool:

Haha, lucky I'm not working at the moment :( I need to find work soon.

Cheers I was shooting for that late 40s look:D. I just ordered a sheet of aluminium so hopefully I will have the bellypan finished and interior sheeting started by the end of the weekend.

Cheers
    Jimmy

24. Lookin Good Jimmy, are you going to make some bomber seats for it ? What colour are you going for ??

25. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

This car is so very cool.

26. Thanks, colour will be black, army green tonneau, handmade buckets seats.

:cool: thank you.

27. If you want the patterns for a proper bomber seat let me know as I've got some

28. Yeah that would be good, cheers.

I built an aluminium bootlid
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Jamie - maybe you should go drinking more ofter, 'cause you do good work afterwards ;)

HB2U for the other day

30. trestles126

trestles126