Register now to get rid of these ads!

52 dodge revival checklist-any sugestions?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crustorod, Apr 25, 2009.

1. crustorod

crustorod
    from wisconsin

i am planning on once again trying to bring my 52 dodge wayfarer back to driving, and stopping hopefully. with that said my plan of attack so far will be to go through the barkes, they are bone dry due to blown hose. i will replace all lines and hoses and probably the master. this car hadn't been run in 5 years when i purchased it i had it running a year and a half ago, so the oil needs to be dumped asap. and plug wires replaced, plugs were replaced when i got it running. of course new gas. i've read the trans uses mineral oil, does anyone know if this is correct? and should that need to be replaced as well? anyone who knows these cars i need your input and as always it is greatly appreciated. any tips, backround knowledge about the wayfarer, all i know is they ran them from around 48-52 to then be replaced by the coronet. i saw the pictures of this car on ebay 3 years ago and knew i had to have it, now it is time to make it run once again.

2. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

The trans uses 85/90w gear lube ... stick your pinkie in the fill plug & smell it - if it doesn't look like tar or stink, it'll be OK. The short flex hose from the main fuel line to the pump is probably going to be leaking vacuum, so take care of that.

3. hoof

hoof

Make friends with me! I just sold my Cranbrook, and I have practically a whole motor worth of spare parts. PM me if you need anything.
    CHAZ