Register now to get rid of these ads!

HELP!! HAMBer ripped off at Carlisle!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Grumpy, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Not this stuff. He's the only Mooneyes dealer at Carlisle. It was mostly Mooneyes stuff, with a few fenton intakes and caddy air cleaners.

They had to of been in there early that day because they knew which corner to sneak into closest to those items.

He's been doing Carlisle and Hershey for years. He stopped doing Springfield due to loss. Now says he'll stop Carlisle too. It costs him crazy money to get there, rent that huge tent, the cost of spots etc. And to take a huge hit just ruined any money he could have made there this year.

2. dbradley

dbradley

The 'pimp' and 'fence' of the cyber age.................... Cops around here have a guy on there EVERY day looking (and they find PLENTY). Thieves are NOT smart.

3. vertible59

vertible59

Right about the weight, but if it was crackheads, they don't care...just looking for the next rock. I would surely check out the scrapyards. Don't tell them you are looking for stolen goods, because they may not let you look around. Most of those places are probably honest, but I know from experience, that some aren't. I used to run a trim shop next door to one of them. Went to work early one morning and the guys next door were unloading new spools of copper tubing from a rental truck. They knocked one end off the spools, dumped the tubing in a pile and threw the broken spools back on the truck. I knew the guy that ran the place and later asked if the tubing was stolen. He said he didn't care, because it came out of Atlanta and nobody would be looking for it in Macon.

4. BBobb

BBobb

I have never been to that meet,however the meets i have set up at seemed to provide decent security.One would think that a swap meet that big could not only afford but would make sure the security was adequate..........I will keep an eye open while on Ebay and other sites for these good folks parts.......Damb thieving sons a b@##$#ches,hope they catch them

5. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

Show no pitty upon those thieves if they are caught.:mad:

6. evol55

evol55

I live in Carlisle I will keep an eye out around here.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

When i worked for SOFF SEAL we set up at Calisle.I don't think we were ever ripped off but one of our dealers was.He camped at his spot.He caught the son of one of the other vendors stealing from him in the middle of the night.The police told him he could press charges but he would have to come back to Carlisle for the hearing.He never pressed charges because he lived too far away.They probally wouldn't have done much to the crook anyway.That is when you wish you could shoot first,but you would be in more trouble than the crook.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is there any way to find out if anyone left with an enclosed truck/trailer first thing in the morning? Even a van in a row close by that made a "breakfast run" as soon as the gate opened at six. I'd think that at six am those parts were stashed in a vehicle somewhere within a couple hundred feet of the two venders that got hit.

Damn I hate thieves, it used to be that you could take stuff to a swap meet and set it out and not worry about a thing and now you have to watch everything including your get around the swap meet bicycle like a hawk.

9. 1beatnik

1beatnik
    from indiana

Nothing worse than a thief. DAMN HIPPIES!

10. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

My condolenses.I hate thieves and bull shitters. but mostly thieves. lI hope that stuff was insured.Or at least could become insured. After posting this I got an idea.Try to get serial no. for those items and check e bay and craigslist.Scrap metal is in the toilet right now .Last time I was at the scrapyard 17 cents a pound , for aluminum.I hope you catch them.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  11. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Excuse me....

12. lolife

lolife

Not to be a legal professor, but the term is "burglary" not "robbery." Robbery is where someone takes your stuff while you are there, and under threat of violence or death.

13. lentz automotive

lentz automotive

what do you mean bullshitters

14. Bullet Man

Bullet Man

i would like to thank everyone for their concern. it sure ruined my day but i learned to not be so trusting. we will now lock all expensive items in the trailer every night. we found out from security that seven vendors were hit last night for large amounts. i don't think it was legitinnmate vendor but a few thugs who rented a space with the intentions of stealing what ever they can. i just feel bad that it is against carlisle policy to announce we had a reward for information about the thefts. moon does not number any tanks or any other parts BUT! the limited edition 2 gal dragester tank with the spring loaded brackets did have a scratch on the side of the tank about an inch and a half long.
    once again thanks.

15. fastrichy

fastrichy
    from ne ohio

I hate seeing an honest guy get ripped off. I hope those idiots that did it get everything they deserve. Good luck finding your stuff sam. hope the rest of the season goes a whole lot better and alot morer fun.

16. barqsnut

barqsnut
    from Pearl, MS

And let's not forget the low-life SOB's who knowingly or should know that buy this stuff and see nothing morally or ethically wrong with it-after all, they didn't steal it, so their conscience vaseline tells them.

17. roadrash

roadrash

Now this is just a thought, but any Hambers going there tomorrow , or over the next couple of days could keep there eyes peeled ! Perhaps add a Moon tank to their shopping list, just in case said robber was dumb enough to trot one out of hiding for a sale ! Might just get Bullet Man his stuff back !

18. sherm II

sherm II
    from central Pa

Sorry to read that you got ripped off. Hope to see you & your wife at canfield. Once again sorry to hear about your loss. [​IMG]

19. 5window

5window

That really sucks. I was there today and,of course, the public has no idea. I am surprised that the promoters and/or the vendors don't have insurance. That many spaces, bound to be bad apples in the barrel. Even if the Management won't announce it, could you put a big sign up at your stall?

20. joel torres

joel torres

damn bullet man that sucks your a cool guy i got my mirrors for my 47 from you at carlisle couple years back
    i think they should be responsible for security and if they dont step up to the plate you and the other guys who where ripped off should threaten them about never returning and that you might have coffee with other vendors tomorrow to discuss whats been going on
    you guys should get compensation or this problem will never be fixed

21. Sergeant_at_Arms

Sergeant_at_Arms
    from Tampa, FL

I'd pay money to watch theives pitted in a fight. Forget MMA, lets have the scumbags fight each other as an intermission at a HAMB drag and the proceeds could fund a HAMB dragstrip or two! Two men enter, one man leaves! They could use the stolen items as weapons too! On second thought, that may not be too good of an idea but one can dream! I hope they catch em and the owner gets his stuff back! Good luck!

22. BTB-Derby

BTB-Derby

It's a shame that we have to have Dickheads out there. Sorry to hear.

23. mako4r

mako4r

Bullet Man

Never was a vendor, but I'm going to Canfield, sell a few body parts. I scribed most everything cause I plan on walking and looking for 40 ford stuff. My digital camera can record but I'm not sure of the parts you had taken...can you send me a pic or two. Pm'd my , name,cell and truck make...location when I get there.

Help anyway I can

24. jlibert

jlibert
    from fresno

I bet it's already packed into a shipping container, headed overseas.

sucks.

Best wishes for recovering the goods.

25. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

That sucks! All my tools were stolen and my boxes trashed in a night time robbery at our body shop. It really pisses me off to hear how your buddy got his livelihood taken .i know how he feels. When i come across a deal that sounds too good to be true,it most likely is stolen goods. Even at a swap meet.there are a lot of spineless bastards out there so be cautious .i hope the stupid bastards get caught trying to sell the stuff.

26. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

problem is tweakers and crackheads don't care. if they steal 3000 dollars worth of stuff,and get ten dollars they can buy a rock with it. I hope you get your stuff back,this sucks, this kind of stuff is what runs off the vendors. you know you can put together a portable security system for those tents pretty easy, I would have one and be camped out right there.

27. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

same kind of idiots,my ex neighbor's kid is a crackhead,i made the mistake of charging his battery for him one day,next night be broke out the side of my building and stole my battery charger. wooden building, they really don't care.

28. Hate to see people get away with this, but how do I ID your parts? Any stamp or scribe marks? I would hate to accuse a ligitament seller of theft. I know the horse is gone but in the future maybe scribe an ID in an inconspicuos spot.

29. craigslist and/or e-bay, i check these all the time for parts and being that i am in ontario canada {toronto/oshawa} i will keep my eyes open. might think there are no h.a.m.b.,s up here. but we are out there. good luck finding the stuff and the a-hole that ripped it off. bring the goof to the shop, lock the doors and bust his arms/hands to be a reminder should he/she ever want to rip-off a hot rodder/anyone again . then into the dumpster with the trash, do not want to kill the creep so they have the rest of there lives to remember.... dermott.:mad::mad::mad:

30. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

you can buy ultraviolet markers and a portable uv light, this lets you mark your stuff with no damage,but the mark is invisible without the light. this also makes it less likely the thief will try to remove any markings on it. if he can't see them he doesn't know they are there.