Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Gilmore Car Museum's 1st Annual Traditional Hot Rod, Custom and Motorcycle Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Apr 22, 2009.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Sunday Sept 27th 12pm to 6pm

I've chatted with the museum's director and asked if we could have a specail HAMB member area set aside for this event. He said not a problem. He took my name and number and will get back to me with details or have one of the "hosting clubs" to do so. Great guy!

Anyway, if you've never been to the museum it's set up on large acreage of grass and trees with barns scattered all over full of cars, some even two stories. There's an old filling station there and an old diner that still serves. It's a really cool location, probably the best one in Michigan for a car event.

For this season they have approx 40 drag cars as their feature exhibit. Looking forward to checking those out.

It's a one day event BUT I've got something in the works in the area for Saturday night. A tour of a really cool garage so folks might want to plan on getting a room close by for Saturday night. Once Saturday evenings festivities have been planned we'll pick a motel/hotel in the area and see about a group rate.

Ok, so I'd like to give them a rough idea on how many folks might want to park in a HAMB area for this event so that the next time I chat with Mike I can kinda give him an idea on how much room we'll need.

Roll Call!

http://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org/

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  2. 348tripower

348tripower

Me and my pal Red.

3. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I'm in. Not meaning to hijack the thread, but here are some photos of events at the Gilmore museum from last year. Great cruise night at the Diner every Wed. evening, great place to go. See ya there!

Brian

Attached Files:

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Not hi-jacking at all. Apprecaite the photos, gives others a real good idea of the place. How many cars in your posse for the event you think?

5. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

What an awesome place. Cars from every era. when i went there last year it was one of the great days in my life. When i pulled in the place you park on the grass next to the old shell gas station. I came out of the rental car and there was a 36 packard v-12 convertable driving on the test track. so I had to go watch and drool while this work of art was driving around. the guy stops and asks me if I want to ride. Of course I said hell yes. we then drove around for about 15 minutes and i havent even paid yet. then when he was done he asked me if i wanted to ride in a model T . of course I had to think about it for a mila second. We rode around for another 15 minutes. I spent the whole day at the musem. I also got to sit in a Aburn boattail speedster. My favorite car is a duesenburg and they only have 3. If anyone is thinking of going do it . The gilmore is the most complete car musem out there. That day rates up there with me getting married , the birth of my daughter, record at bonneville. If you go plan for a very long day because there is so much to see.:)
    Todd

6. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Denise, we'll have the '51 wagon, the '36 "Fordillac" (or, "The Slipper", the "PT 472", "Lucky Strike", "Sack Time", whatever it ends up being called!), your Big Old's kiss'n cousin the '48 Poncho 'vert, and our trailer. Several of my buddy's will be there, including the cool chopped "A" coupe in the photo, and my buddy John with his '36 Woody. There are lots of guys planning on making it, should be a VERY well attended event!

Brian

7. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

That sounds like something the boys and I SHOULD do! Maybe even in Court's truck!

8. twochops

twochops

Gilmore Car Museum is a great place to take photos of your special
    Rod or Kustom.Here's photo of my 53 Mercury in front of their
    gas station.Will bring my chopped 57 Buick this year.

Attached Files:

9. greaser57

greaser57
    from minnesota

I was there about 20 years ago its awesome........Rich

10. bluemoose

bluemoose

I'll be there with my two boys. It's just down the street and we love the old iron.

11. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

I'll definately be there with the 28 roadster-or the 31 coupe if its up and running....

12. afan

afan
    from michigan

there is also a cool hotrod show at l Lane automotive in Watervelet mi. on saturday may 24th .i think it is at exit 42 off I-94 .nice people at Lane,great show and a variety of cars HAMB frienly and others.

13. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Sounds like a Plan....

14. hubraumjugend

hubraumjugend

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I just got off the phone with Mike #2 who is actually running the event. A HAMB parking area is a done deal. He also said he'll have on site camping available AND if enough folks want to come out on Saturday for a sleepover he'll hire a BAND! How cool is that!! Seems like a great guy. He's going to keep me up to date as things progress.

16. This sounds cool, a traditional show closer to my neck of the woods.:D Maybe I can do some coverage for Rod and Kulture and shoot a feature or two. I hope to be driving my 56 Dodge to it.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  17. Moparhead

Moparhead

Here's the flyer for the Relix show at Gilmores.Hope it's readable.

Fuzzy

Attached Files:

18. Pinball

Pinball
    from lowell, mi

sounds like a really good show! Denise keep us posted as to extra events stuff. Mitchell and Jackson are kinda exited to get back to the Gilmore!

19. Thanks Denise......I've marked this one down on the calender......looks like great time.

20. Get me 350-400 flyers and I will toss them in my goody bags at the Shakedown.

21. RHOPPER

RHOPPER

The Gilmore is great! My inlaws live 5 minutes away from it in Fine Lake, so we go when ever we're visiting them. There's quite a variety of cars there, and they bring in special exihibits from time to time. Awhile back they had a "dream cars" exhibit of old auto show cars. They had an exhibit of significant Corvettes during another visit. Most of the cars are housed in old, restored barns and the property around them is perfect for photos. The staff is very accomendating to special requests, so just ask, they may surprise you.

22. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

That looks really cool Denise! I may try to head up for that.

23. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Ok - We're game! We were thinking about heading to the James Dean fest in Fairmount, IN. but this looks like more fun! The wife and I are thinking about coming up the night before and tent camping. Will there be anyone else camping Sat. night? But i might be interested in a group thing at a hotel if Denise's plan worked out. Someone let me know the deal.

24. Ya can't have a 1st Annual!

Ok I just had to pick on something since I'm on the otherside of the country and can't go :(

25. millersgarage

millersgarage

26. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Yes, it's old, but the 2nd annual Relix Riot is coming right up! So, I guess you CAN have a "1st Annual" event, if there's a 2nd!

Brian

27. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

I'll be at the Second Annual event in my roadster! Didn't make it last year, so it will really be my first annual event! Seriously, if you haven't been to Gilmore, ya got to check it out. This will be my third outing there this summer! They'll be bands on Saturday night, and, if you're not familiar with the area, downtown Kalamazoo is a great place to hang on a Saturday night!

28. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Sounds like fun...looking forward to the Denise pictures!!!

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

There won't be any Denise photos this event cuz on Thur I heading to SoCal for the Long Beach Motorama. Depending on my extra time the following week I might be able to do an adventure post on the Motorama though.;)