Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Looking for trim fasteners in Austin - before I order online.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53choptop, Apr 23, 2009.

1. 53choptop

53choptop

Looking to buy these trim fasteners, I can get them online, but before I order them, is there any place locally here in Austin where I can get them.

I am working on the trim for the Olds right now and would like to keep the momentum going, besides its good info to know. If I order them online I will need to wait till next week to get em.

Thanks

[​IMG]

2. aldixie

aldixie

How many are you looking for? I have some left over from my project you can have.

Alex

3. 53choptop

53choptop

Sure, I will count what i have and what I am missing tonight, I should not need too many, but I'll let you know.

4. I've seen those in small packages at the local Pep Boys. They have them in the help section in back of the store.

5. McTullis

McTullis

I couldn't find any in town...Pep Boys is always suggested but they don't have any. I ordered mine off ebay from 67cayne (Fasteners Plus store) and they got here pretty quick every time i ordered.

Let us know what sizes you're missing...i have a few leftovers as well in that style.

6. McTullis

McTullis

Hmmm...which Pep Boys do you go to? I went to the one on S. Lamar a few weeks ago when I was putting my trim back on and they didn't have any. Just that craptacular 2" push-in clip.

7. BigWigRaceCars

BigWigRaceCars
    from Austin, TX

Did you try Capitol Upholstery?

...nevermind. I just realized those are probably side trim fasteners, not upholstery trim fasteners.

8. 53choptop

53choptop

I will count them tonight and see what I need.
    Rey

9. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

I have a big baggie of new ones.

try Austin Fastner.
    585 9121.

prepare to be amazed at what Norm has on his truck...he is mobile, so You may have to track him down.

and if these are for Your Olds. don't be afraid to ask for a bag of his "universal" ones, too. they cut down really easily to make really, really bitchin beltline moulding clips!

10. 53choptop

53choptop

As always LUX comes through!!!

I will give him a call tomorrow. If for whatever reason....do you want to sell yours?

I started counting and BAM I realized I need about 40 of these little suckers!!! Some of the ones I already had stated rusting so no point in contamination.

Thanks guys!

11. NiteOwlChris

NiteOwlChris

If you have a Fastenal there they have them on there shelves, I have bought them there numerous times.

12. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

I try to keep a baggie around , but if he cannot make it out to You, P.M. me and I will buy them and You can reimburse me. I think they come 20 to a bag.

13. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Our local fastenals (god bless them) don't carry much by way of auto related stuff on the shelves around here...mostly construction/ manufacturing type crap.

14. 53choptop

53choptop

Well lo and behold, turns out I had a trip out to south Austin this morning and stopped at the fastenal on ben white just for kicks (never been there before) and guess what, they had one box of the clips in stock. They also had the universal ones too, but the GM clips fit the application better in this case.

Thanks guys.....

15. Wesley

Wesley

American Bolt on Burleson has them as well