Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is this car worth ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DonMan, Apr 16, 2009.

1. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

you will regret the four door,put your money into something else that has some smooth lines and has two doors

2. cruzr

cruzr

buy the car.........get rid of the wife........a win win !!

3. Truckedup

Truckedup

I say how much money can you afford to lose? Like you buy it ,turns into a shitbox and you dump it half what you paid.
    If you like the car and it's a solid piece,it's only money.

4. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Well there is something to be said about it being a 4 dr, if it was a 2 dr it would be worth alot more money... If you like the car , buy it! Myself I think it sounds a little high... Maybe 4500... for a four door , just my opinion.... Good luck, looks like a nice solid car!:)

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

So, did you buy it? how much?

Frank

6. BISHOP

BISHOP

Ugly ass car.

7. Yes. Bought it.

$2000

I think I stole it. Say what you will. . .

8. Yes you did..

At least drive it a bit before you sell it.

I've never seen someone come off a price like that though.

9. model-a-fan

model-a-fan
    from Kentucky

:D funny shit.

10. gunk

gunk
    from phoenix

This is the best advice right here. It's works, used it on my old lady to buy 49 ford with the top cut off.

11. I guess that`s why it`s called an "asking" price.

He was desperate to sell quickly.

I`ll post more pics soon.

12. Squablow

Squablow

2 grand? I'm jealous, that was a steal. Fin-era Mopars are gaining a lot of popularity, I'm shocked that this Dodge would sell so cheap. I don't see how you can possibly lose on this one.

13. 1951bomber

1951bomber
    from atwater Ca

it has to many doors not worth it

14. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

I can get this for 6500.

15. storm king

storm king

Nice deal, great buy on a good car. Screw the two door crowd and disparraging remarks crowd. People who say that is ugly probably think '57 chevies are cool. Whatever; I think they are ugly overdone POS.
    We started drag racing in 1963 with my Dad's '58 D-500 4 door; very similar to that car. I'd put disc brakes on it; a good 440 with a torqueflite and drive the wheels off it.
    Good score!

16. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

If I had the money I would pay around 6 to 6500 for that car and drive the bejesus outta of it..

four door or two door it would be cool and not everyone has one ,for sure !

17. MyDeSoto

MyDeSoto

I have a fair amount of experience with these cars (and more than half of mine are crew cabs, some sedans, others crew car hardtops).

$6500 for that car is more than fair, $2000 is a freakin' steal!

Glad to see ya got her! Drive her, enjoy her, and email me when your ready to sale!

~MyDeSoto~

18. The answer to EVERY single WIW thread out there is ALWAYS ---

"Whatever the seller and buyer agree to!!!"

19. It`s really quite funny how people comment about 4 doors. Almost as if 4 door cars are just pure evil and should all be driven straight to the crusher to be made into a new Kia.
    C`mon get real guys.

20. it's worth whatever you feel comfortable paying

21. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Not very much if you ask me

22. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

that car's sick as fuck-four doors? who cares? for $2k, i'd be jumping for joy if i were you. great buy. drive it and enjoy it, sell it when you're done with it and double your money. that's the way to do it.

23. A good general rule of thumb. If your buying It is worth very little. When you are selling it is worth a lot because it is made from unobtainum and then dipped in gold:eek: OldWolf

24. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

That is never the situation for me. When I buy, the car is rare and seldom get the chance to buy one. When I sell, there is always another one that is in better shape and for less money. Maybe that is why I never sell anything. ;)

Neal

25. DaxxRuckus

DaxxRuckus

I always ignore people saying 4 doors aren't worth anything. If you listen to them, you'll probably never end up getting a car - not everyone can afford the ridiculous price of a 2 door 50's anything, and thats if you can even find one for sale to begin with. I've always had 4 doors, and I love em.

You seriously got that thing for $2k! God damn, you just got a hell of a deal. Good buy! I'm jealous.

26. Fish Tank

Fish Tank

$2K?

yes,we hate you.

27. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I think you did good

28. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

2 grand for that car sounds like a great price. at $6,000.00 he would have had it for a long time.

4 door haters crack me up. all cars don't have to be made into a HOT ROD or custom. sometimes it's just fun to drive an old original car. would the fun factor increase if it were a 2 door? not for me.

those old mopars are hard to sell in my experience. had my 61 2 door Dodge in the Auto Trader for 6 months with barely a nibble at $4500.00.

29. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

Just another thought on rehashing the 2 door vs. 4 door thing some more. (I see a little life in the old horse :))

I have felt that 4 doors made good parts cars. In the past, I have not bought several cars because of too many doors. It now seems that they are being accepted better then years back. When I was in high school, owning a 4 door was not something to brag about. 4 doors were family cars, surely not chick magnets. Now, look at what the kids are driving; 4 doors and they think they are cool. This next generation buying old cars will accept the 4 door cars.

But for the sake of traditional hot rods and customs, I will continue to bash the 4 door cars. :)

Neal

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  30. In the end it's worth what you are willing to pay for it. If your happy with the purchase price and it's a car you really want then get it. Make him an offer all he can say is no.........