Register now to get rid of these ads!

Buick Dynaflow trans question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by anythinggm, Apr 17, 2009.

1. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

My Dynaflow is pukeing out of the dipstick tube when at operating temp. I no these trans have a rep for being called "dynapukes" but I dont think this is right. Can anyone help me? Ideas?
    B.T.W the trans is NOT overfilled.

2. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

that is truely interesting. Are you positive its not over filled?

If you need a dynaflow rebuild kit, i just so happen to have an N.O.S

3. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

Doesnt apear to be overfull. When its cold and running the level is down low on the stick.

4. odometer cable maybe loose..

5. Gr8ballsofir

Gr8ballsofir

sounds like its clogged. Flush and fill (don't forget the converter (front pump)) or rebuild.

6. cheapskate

cheapskate

Although fluid is low on the stick, are you positive it's the correct dipstick? Check the fluid level, then hold the dip stick on the outside of the tube and see how far the stick goes into the tube/trans. A short stick will cause you problem . Checking the length is free and easy.

7. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Dynaflows have a vent tube at the tailhousing top. It plugs into the top of the tailhousing and then vents through a small tube. This could be clogged and causes internal pressure to build up and leak anywhere it can.

First check the length of the dipstick (as already posted). If correct then check the vent tube.

After that you might want to NOT GO WITH THE FLOW.

8. shaggster

shaggster
    from Bronx, ny

any news on finding the problem ?? I got the exact same symptom...It pukes right the top of the dipstick..

9. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

Not yet, Has'nt done it again since that day. Maybe it was a temporarily blocked vent. I don't know.