Register now to get rid of these ads!

mexican blankets

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jasonp, Mar 30, 2009.

1. As long as the Lot Lizards don't mention you... ;-)

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I live in "North Mexico" aka the Yakima Valley of Washington state. i could probably go to the flea market two miles from the house any Saturday morning and find a "real deal" Mexican blanket. Having driven my 51 Merc with a ragged old blanket on the seats during my highschool years I don't really see the mystique or fascination with having a blanket draped over the seats. It wasn't cool then so I can't see why it Is so cool now.

3. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Because, it just is! Dagnabit!:)

4. H3O

H3O

nice.

5. Slick Steve

Slick Steve
    from Indy

Now that is authentic!

6. Dude...that place is the biggest tourist trap on the east coast! Been there once, never going back, and I pass it twice a year! I won't even buy gas at that exit! 500 buildings selling $1 crap for $5. Just because it's there doesn't mean its from Mexico...probably Pakistan!

7. juanski

juanski

Got to love those beaner blanket's

8. the first racist comment! and it by a mexican

9. RatRod65GMC

RatRod65GMC

I bought mine at the Mercado in San Antonio for around 7 bucks a piece.

10. jchav62

jchav62

I'm in NEW Mexico...I use a NEW Mexican blanket...the old one's stink.

11. 5window

5window

<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Quote:
    <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by Mr48chev [​IMG]
    ...Having driven my 51 Merc with a ragged old blanket on the seats during my highschool years I don't really see the mystique or fascination with having a blanket draped over the seats. It wasn't cool then so I can't see why it Is so cool now.
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    Because, it just is! Dagnabit!:)

No, it isn't, unless it's an original, documented car. Otherwise it's just overused and colorful, but now really affected. Makes you look like a hotord wannabe.Would go well with a nice billet skull gearshift knob.

12. coolvato

coolvato

100% mexican here and I sport one on my ride, I live in SW New Mexico (USA)does that make it a real mexican blanket?haha, I bought mine at a local swapmeet from a guy who lives and buys them in Juarez Mexico, i think I paid 15 bucks three yars ago and thats after the nego on price. They are really nice with cool colors. I thought about going over to Juarez Mex and buying a bulk load for cheap but with all the killings going on over in Mexico and making National news I'm not breave enough to go south of the boarder anytime soon.

13. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

Well,.. I bought a Mexican blanket on the beach in of the gulf of California in 1978, and it had synthetic fiber in it. So,... I don't think that is a big deal.

14. MEMPHIS RAT

MEMPHIS RAT
    BANNED

How many times have i heard of this question here!!!!!!!!

15. KsFlatlander

KsFlatlander

Can I barter with the brick layers on the jobsite, They're from TJ.....

16. timebombkustoms

timebombkustoms
    from Indiana

17. dnnflamess

dnnflamess
    from el paso tx

This place has been around for years in El Paso Texas.
    http://www.elpasosaddleblanket.com/

I know anyone can walk in and buy anything on the floor, but I don't know if they would sell by the each on line. It can't hurt to ask.

Another is the "El Paso Connection" (915) 852-0898.
    The owner has a bunch of old cars that he drags up out of mexico. He's steep on the price of the cars, but I've seen a few that are in good condition.

18. dodgord

dodgord

i got mine in peru and bolivia, sure theyre not mexican but it was closer to home than mexico

19. Armadillo Bob

Armadillo Bob

yo, Buddy, go to www.kustomink.com and click on "mexican blankets" you sould'nt have a problem.

20. wrenchrocket

wrenchrocket

Damn I didn't know there was a demand my wife's friends bring some back every holiday.

21. Imperial Kustom

Imperial Kustom

I just happened to have mine in the house and threw it on the torn up, rat eaten, butt pokin' bench seat in my truck. But as I said, it is from mexico. My madre brought it back for me years ago. I told some of my buddies the other day about me tellin you guys "it has real bits of Mexicans in it." It was a good laugh! I still crack myself up!

22. duste01

duste01

All I got from my great grandma Rios was a 62 caddy, I was happy with that. It didnt have any blankets, just white leather.

23. italianhotrodder

italianhotrodder
    from sweden

the real name of mexican blanket is "saltillo" try to find in e-bay whit this name the price are very cheap, in europe are 40 euros 56$ more or less are to much expensive :cool::cool:

24. - Aj -

- Aj -

25. VonKool13

VonKool13

or "Serape"

26. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

We just got back from a trim down south where we picked up 100 of them. Getting ready for the summer swap meet schedule. They're $15.00 and the alliance disco applies. PM me if you have a color preference and want a few pics.

27. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

As mentioned above, I think horse blankets would be more durable and have a wider variety of designs. And perhaps more suitable to old work / shop trucks, farm vehicles, tractor-grilled beasts. But why not stretch the envelope a little? DoD blankets? Grandma's old sofa covers? Bed spreads? And... dare I say it... who's gonna be the first with those wacky clear vinyl covers with the imbossed designs on them? Gary

28. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

DrJ, you Sir are a man of honor. You are a fine judge of women and race horses. Here is to you and those in your company.