Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 Chevy Custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gene Winfield Rod&Custom, Apr 11, 2009.

1. retromotors

retromotors

FUGLY!
    To steal a line from Don Henley ... "I'd walk on my lips through busted glass" to avoid being seen driving that.
    Then again, I'm sure no one's gonna ask me to!

2. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

I personally cant wait to see it done. Yeah it is different, but that is a nice change from the standard cookie cutter stuff people have been doing for years. I mean seriously how many chopped 1950 Chevys out there are there that if painted the same color you wouldn't be able to tell apart? I'd assume a lot. This one wouldn't though and that is what appeals to me with it. Looks like a nice job, different or not.

3. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I like the car's overall look except for "the top". It has that 50's show car look and much like that era I can see where they wanted to go with the roof. I whole bunch of angel hair at a indoor show and it might be in heaven. Outside, well that is another story.

4. It's so far over the top there wasn't enough room for the entire roof.

What I don't like, and maybe it's the paint or the angle of the picture, but it looks like the trunk lid is just set on top covering something else, the edges don't flow into the car very well. I guess I'd need to see pictures from a different angle or with better lighting, maybe it's just a trick of the camera or something.

The front of it is a little busy for my taste, too. But I've seen way worse.

5. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

Ok... and you've been here HOW LONG? :eek: It is a 50' Chevy afterall:eek:

I personally am not sure on this car. The roof catches your eyes that's for sure... I'de have to wait and see the finished product. One things for sure, the man put a tremendous amount of labor into this car and I respect that whether I like the car or not. No goldchain'r here...:cool:

6. richie rebel

richie rebel

the roof,the taillights,we could go on,on,bad bad bad.........richie...............

7. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

dewey says that " a custom is supposed to be over the top" i would have to disagree.Flow,style,elegance is a custom,less is more is custom.Large cut outs in a roof is an abortion,finished or unfinished the roof is a distration to the rest of the car.I wouldnt even look at the paint to appreciate the craftmanship that went into it by a master painter because that roof would have me blindsided by its ugliness

8. its well Hmm! different.. i would like to see the finished product dewey..

9. Sacred Steel

Sacred Steel
    from Mass.

Perfectly fine to disagree with, or even get sick over someone else’s taste but to say someone’s work is “fuckin Stupid” is just plain being an idiot. Maybe some asshole will call your car “Fuckin Stupid” someday.

I don’t care for the looks of the car, not my cup of tea but I’m sure there are a lot of people do like it.

10. i like it! it's like a show car. whatever!

11. S.F.

S.F.

I like it so far. It IS a work of art, and it does capture what they were doing in the late 50's and early 60's. If you dont think so just open a Rod and Custom Magazine from 1959 or 60. I also like the paint and I will make my final Judgment when I see it done. It could go bad or good from this point. Im sure it will turn out cool, I like the head light treatment and the roof. Very early 60's wild show car style. i hope he puts in a crazy tuck N roll interior in it.

12. S.F.

S.F.

Ok well you obviously have never looked through any Rod and Custom magazine from '59-64. Try it once.

13. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

It looks like a teenage mutant ninja turtle, but the paint is very nice!

14. xsteve

xsteve
    from puyallup

looks pretty crazy, can't wait to see it finished.

15. luxloco

luxloco

i've seen it in person at Genes last year its a crazy ass custom .he put some hard work in to it and its different just like he wanted it.

16. 23skidoo

23skidoo
    BANNED
    from tha south

i have, thats why i try to stick to 53-55 magazines.(some ugly stuff in them too!)

17. 23skidoo

23skidoo
    BANNED
    from tha south

haha,they already have! many times. haha
    maybe that was a harsh choics of words, so instad of fucking stupid ,how about "taste challenged"

you guys are hilarious, if someone from flordia had posted that thing everybody would have ripped him a new one! :D,but since Winfield's name is associated,it is now a thing of beautie? lol!