Register now to get rid of these ads!

??? for F100 experts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRUCKRODDER, Apr 11, 2009.

1. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

O.K. don't know much abut these old trucks . I bought a pretty complete 54 Ford pickup body and a 56 frame with a partial cab, wraparound back glass and a fordamatic column . 1st is the frame the same as far as cab mounts ? I want to mount the 54 cab on the 56 frame. 2nd the 56 cab roof is cut out , I know people cut these back windows out and graft into other cabs, should I cut it at the floor at rear of the door and then again up at that seam where the roof and rear of cab are put together? I want to sell the rear of cab and the column so I just want to make it usable for someone. Thanks guys in advance!:D

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

If they're not exactly the same they're close enough to be REAL easy. As far as the sheetmetal, anyone looking for that area would be happy to have as much metal they can get...

3. Frames are the same 53-56 - no problem there.
    I would cut it at the roof seam and at the floor and then when you sell it if they want it small they can cut it as they want it.
    By the way they sell new conversions for $699.00 so you have a base for pricing.

4. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

Thanks guys . The rear window has stainless trim around it in good shape too! I actually did not know the 56 cab had the Fordimatic column until I got it home, my buddy that helped me haul it pointed it out, of course it is full to the door glass with parts and scrap :D . Is the column pretty rare? Hopefully I will find some other "treasures when I clean it out :).

5. 53floored

53floored
    from kansas

actually 53 and 54 have diff spring mounts in back and they moved the gas tank inside in 56 56 is 12 volt I would hold on to the column they are pretty un common my dad has one cause his truck came with it. the battery boxes are slightly different and the front wind deflectors behind the grille are different in 56 but I would leave that 56 cab the way it is cause if you cut it wrong then its pretty much useless

6. Don't cut the cab - seriously. You can gut it, but don't cut it.

Complete cabs are always worth something to someone. Is the roof solid around the front drip rail?