Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mufflers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56Ponchorelli, Apr 3, 2009.

1. 56Ponchorelli

56Ponchorelli

I want to get a new muffler put on my Electra but I don't want t go the glasspack route.

What mufflers will give a good deep sound that really makes the car sound nice? Flowtech, flowmaster, thrush? I am looking to keep it under 80 bucks.

401 Nailhead engine, forgot to metnion,

2. in my opinion , flowmasters just sound crappy on a stock or mild motor. i suggest you use a turbo muffler

3. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Hell, I use glasspacks. With the bigger engines, or for less noise, I'd use a LONG glasspack. Brockman Mellowtones make them any length you want. Using a 36 or longer muffler will help lower the noise, but keep the deep rumble. Brock will advise you on what length will give you the results you want.
    Using other mufflers, like Flowmasters, will make it sound like a GodDam Mustang! Turbos might be too quiet.

4. Ole don

Ole don

I have a pair from Waldron. They are quiet driving, but will make some noise when I get on it. Very mellow sound. Waldron advertises in Old cars Weekly.

5. parksquijada

parksquijada
    from norcal

run straight pipes all the way out the back with some pencil tips and let em rap! run a crosspipe up front so each bank can take advantage of both pipes. let the people start complainin'.

pencil tips: smaller chrome tips exiting under the bumper