Register now to get rid of these ads!

LOW buck hot tank for small parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Unkl Ian, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Who will be the first to pinstripe their crockpot?!? :D

2. Slostang

Slostang

hmm i was thinking about this today but i got some heads that need some attention. I was eyeballing the turkey deep frying pot and the propane burner but decided it might end up worse than the last turkey i deep fried.....neighbors worried the firemen wouldn't make it before the flames reached their homes.

3. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

That's some funny shit right there because it's gonna happen.:D

4. Laundry detergent is the most effective and cheapest degreaser I know of.

The chemical reaction that most degreasers use is to react sodium hydroxide (lye or NaOH) or some derivative of NaOH with the grease. They use other surfactants and other stuff to enhance the reaction. The reaction happens faster with the additional heat.

I'll second that on the hot water tap for outside. Can't live without it.

5. Jeeze, I've been using a crock pot just like that to cook my dinner with once a week or so. They do seem to need the top on to create the most heat -

6. Wildfire

Wildfire

Fry Daddy's should work too. They already come with their own basket and a degreed temp control.

7. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

I've already suggested using a Commercial Dish washer for cleaning engine parts, butr I also have a commercial deep fryer ,like you use for cooking Fish and Chips. It runs on propane and can be regulated down to 80 degrees C. Using dish washing liquid and water ,a whole Chev block (etc) can be dropped in and left to boil for a couple of hours. Mine is a crappier version of this shiney new one.
    [​IMG]

8. Hmmmm, I've seen those go mucho cheapo at auctions. I guess I'll drag the next one I see home.

9. RatRod65GMC

RatRod65GMC

thinner???? YIKES!!!!!!!! Go back several days and read the posts on safety/fire information. Horror stories there.

10. Just use a microwave. It's faster, and whole lot more entertaining!

11. river1

river1

in AZ all we have is hot water.

later jim

12. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

Thats where i get them,I bought 4 for $2.00 :D:D:D. If they are natural gas or 'town gas' you can alter the burner jet sizes by either buying new ones from the manufacturer or solder them up and drill smaller holes for Propane. Dead easy!.